One Year

One Year

A Story by EternityWolf101
"

Now it was about similes and metaphors. Here....we...gooooooo....

"
The sunset acted like a flashlight in my face, blinding my eyes as it finally passed through a small cluster of clouds that just seemed to want to annoy me and my boyfriend. I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of the clouds pointing and laughing at us as they blocked the sun's burning rays.
After a little discussion, we both decided to watch the sunset together and enjoy our one year anniversary with some much desired alone-time. We haven't had that much in the past year. We had to escape the clutches of my mother first. She was a vulture that watched over me with knife-like eyes. When I told her about me and Arnold, she really showed me what a vulture was like.
Then I had to leave for the military a few months ago. I haven't been able to come back and see him until just a day or two ago, so I became overly depressed during the time I was in training.
I didn't want to leave for the military, but we needed the money. We moved into an apartment complex near the college we wanted to go to. He was going to be a therapist. I was going to be a mechanic. I know, it doesn't really sound like a perfect match, but we work well together. Hey, the one year anniversary proves enough, right?
I heard him chuckle as he covered his eyes. I looked over and he gave me a smile, noticing my glance. I smiled back. With a quick kiss, he told me, "Happy one year, Brian."
"Happy one year, Arnold." And with that, we gave each other another.
A flash of light burst across the sky, drawing our attention to a shooting star. I couldn't believe we could see it. There was still plenty of sunlight up so that the stars weren't visible. I shrugged realism away. The shooting star was an angel looking over us. I didn't care what anybody said about me and Arnold. We were meant to be together and we always would be.

© 2012 EternityWolf101


Author's Note

EternityWolf101
yes, it is gay. DEAL WITH IT!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"so I became overly depress during the time I was in training." Do you mean 'depressed'?

Apart from that - I liked it. I love the concrete confidence that he has at the end. "I didn't care what anybody said about me and Arnold. We were meant to be together and we always would be." It is rather inspirational to me

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your writing is always great and entertaining, no matter what the topic is. This one seems so real. I always love your imagery and this one is no different. A lovely piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012
Tags: one, year, story, literature, love, between, two, malicious, mother, military, alone, anniversary, gay

Author

EternityWolf101
EternityWolf101

Lowell, IN



About
Hello, my name is Jeremy Williams. I'm a 16-year-old teenager in Lowell, Indiana and I love reading and writing. Short and simple response to what type of person I am. Reading and writing has been a p.. more..

Writing