Falling

Falling

A Poem by EverEmma

I'm falling in a downwards spiral
I'm out of control
Inches from the line

Drowning with my own consent
Crying at my window
Helpless, beyond reach

Trapped inside a jar
Pounding on the walls
Yelling without sound

Inaudible
I see all
No one sees me

Through closed doors
I run amuck
But on the outside I'm smiling

Manic laughter
Eating away inside
On the edge

emma

© 2010 EverEmma


Author's Note

EverEmma
Please review, thank you. Please be brutally honest but not disrespectful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

brutally honest:
"
I'm falling in a downwards spiral
I'm out of control
Inches from the line

Drowning with my own consent
Crying at my window
Helpless, beyond reach"
i am over these sorts of lines on this website. the over-emotional press junket of a day in a teenager's life. way too many windows on this website into those sorts of lives.

not sure why you put your name at the bottom of the poem? if that isn't meant to be in the poem, then get it outta there :/

"Inaudible
I see all
No one sees me"
inaudible: (adjective) not loud enough to be heard; not audible

so how does that word fit in with I see all/No one sees me (which is more of that teenage stuff i was talking about. i'm all for individualism, but not when you're "whining" about your own.)

okay. that was my brutally honest critique. the most b. honest i've ever been with someone here. i'm not trying to be disrespectful. all of my critiquing was to your work, and there is no way i can judge your writing from poem alone.
actually, i've looked at several poems and this was the one i think needed the most... constructive criticism. what i pointed out are just stepping stones. kill the bad habits and everything will just come to you (except i didn't have some a*****e pointing out all of mine; sorry).

i'll go find a poem to praise you for ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, nice. let yourself fall.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love 'Falling'. The sentence and stanza structure gives a sense of desperation which is all the more stark by your choice of words. The metaphor used in verses 3 and 4 speak very loudly yet, ironically the point being made is the inability to be heard. Brilliant.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent, excellent write you have here. My favorite lines are "Drowning with my own consent
Crying at my window
Helpless, beyond reach".

Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
This is an excellent poem! I really love your word choices. I agree that this is a topic that is often used, but you made it your own. I just want to say that as much as I like the font choice, it is very pretty, but I think it's just slightly distracting from your poem. I think it is very unique though, it is not a font you will find often.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're word choice's are superb! While trapped chaos and sorrow are a common place theme. I think your piece is more individualistic. Not only in the style of font, but in the flow and way you express emotions.
What I really like about this piece, is that one could make three very distinct poems by putting together all the first lines of each stanza, second lines and third lines together.
The piece has many angles that open up a view into the mind and heart of the poet.

Great Ink E!
Hugs!
Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like your language you use. i really got pulled into this poem and could really feel it. it was very very good, but honestly i think it was kind of generic, and it'd been done before.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 17, 2010

Author

EverEmma
EverEmma

Home, GA



About
If it is 2013, and you are reading this, what are you doing here? What am I doing here is probably the better question, though. Ah well, carry on. ---------------- Hello everyone, my name is Em.. more..

Writing
Kansas Kansas

A Story by EverEmma


Boots Boots

A Story by EverEmma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Vengeance    Vengeance

A Poem by EverEmma