Blissful Dreams

Blissful Dreams

A Poem by EverEmma

Simple wishes
Stolen dreams are upon us
Life is crumbling before me

Walls crashing down
Powder covering lost beings
Disintegrated hope

A hand reaches forth
Hold on tight to me
I might slip between the cracks....again

Flowing from my breath
Secrets never to meant to be
Veil drawn

Wedding gown dances alone
Hatred colored pink
The cards shuffled and dealt

Come to my picnic
Drink my lemonade
Feel the soft blades of untamed grass

Find me in my bathtub
Beneath the bubbles
Smiling



© 2010 EverEmma


Author's Note

EverEmma
I really love the format on this one. This piece has meaning that only truly I know. I would be extremely pleased to hear your take on it though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its nice to be able to have a piece of writing swallow you whole and have it take you somewhere peaceful. I can feel the sense of security that lingers on the tips of the sentences, and the warmth that wraps it all together in the final lines. Thank you so very much for the write. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Trust your instinct and you shall never stray to those "powder covered lost beings" Relax and let the cards be played. There is alot of color in your visuals, alot of comforts as well.. You were def in the zone here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the colours, and am reminded of a woman deeply let down who ends her life, perhaps escaping where things cannot hurt, life continues around her, untamed........very intriguing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked this, made me tap my noggin and say "hmm..." for a sec after I read it. :) It has a bit of spite in it, definitely, and I think that's what made it so enjoyable. I liked the color usage too, it seems to enhance the imagery even more, but you've done a wonderful job with the imagery even without the colors! Good write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. hmmm ... it's a bit of a riddle i'm certain ... but i do wanna share the vibe of this one with you ... the presentation is awesome ... the words and images flow beautifully ... i get a whiff of sarcasm ... it seems like someone's getting married to someone but not out of choice ... unless that's a metaphor for simply hooking up with something that one is not convinced about or one is compelled to ... then my interpretation gets a bit personalized ... and i realize ... that it's that feeling of losing everything to a whole lot of people ... and watching from a distance ... that feeling of being utilized but not treasured ... followed by a sense of triumph ... at successfully enjoying a hot bath ... and contemplating about how one successfully managed to keep oneself a secret from everyone ... something like that ... it's a pretty beautifully bizarre write ... very trippy ... hope you're not gonna kill me for my review ... even if it's way off the mark ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


smiling while being lost in hopelessness, coloring words and worlds is the true strength that many lack, hands reaching forth while life pulls back, a true struggle that has to be lived.
amazing piece; colorful and insightful as well .
well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


Easy to read, light, fun (colored words and colorful thoughts) and best of all, endless meanings for all who read. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is powerful. I adore the line "Powder covering lost beings" it gives me a strong image and it makes it less difficult for me to visulise the rest of the imagery in your poem. Such as walls crushing down. You have used words that are remarkable. I will always remember this piece it has been a pleasure to read. It gives me the feeling of change. Things are getting destroyed and becoming new again.


Posted 13 Years Ago


a good poem....very symbolic lines, nice work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


your format imbues the movement of the stanzas with eloquent grace~ the words sketch out the visuals in gorgeous haunting array~soft melancholy travels the poem's spine~ beauty and a chill combined~

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

476 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2010
Last Updated on September 19, 2010

Author

EverEmma
EverEmma

Home, GA



About
If it is 2013, and you are reading this, what are you doing here? What am I doing here is probably the better question, though. Ah well, carry on. ---------------- Hello everyone, my name is Em.. more..

Writing
Kansas Kansas

A Story by EverEmma


Boots Boots

A Story by EverEmma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Inside Inside

A Poem by Robin


Muse Muse

A Poem by Robin


Almost There Almost There

A Poem by Robin