Larissa Carrington

Larissa Carrington

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

In this chapter you meet hallie boyfriends mother, Larissa. Anyone who ever hated their mother in law will enjoy this haha.

"
After the drama that happened between the little love triangle at the start of November, the fall semester raced by for Hallie. She finished her entire history report on her own, and even took on the duties that her classmates were supposed to do for the project. It wasn�t New Years yet, but she made a resolution to better herself overall. That included grades, her relationship with her family, and her relationship with David, even though he hadn�t exactly forgiven her yet.

In David�s mind, the fact that Christian spent the night at Hallie�s house automatically meant that they had sex. He told Hallie that he�d call when he got his head together, and so far Hallie had heard nothing.

Instead of wondering about the status of their relationship, she focused all her energy into school and knew by the end of the semester she would pass every class with flying colors. Doing that hadn�t left much time to improve on relationships, but Thanksgiving was soon and it was the perfect opportunity. Her family was going to hold the holiday at their house and she knew the Carrington�s would be invited whether she liked it or not. She expressed to her mother that David and her were on a little �break�, but in Hallie�s family, the annual competition of who had the best mansion between the Harris family and David Carrington�s family came first, even if it was uncomfortable for Hallie.

��������Hallie was packing everything in her Juicy Couture Canvas rolling luggage when Abby came in her room and sat on her bed.

�Are you going to be ok over the break?� Abby asked folding a pair of Hallie�s skinny jeans.

�I think so,� Hallie replied as confidently as possible. Hallie�s family wasn�t exactly the typical loving family that got together each week, or bothered to really call their only daughter away at college. In fact she had barely spoken to them since school started. She didn�t know why that was, why all her girlfriends had close relationships with their mothers and she didn�t.

Her parents were always away. In fact all of her childhood memories consisted of being raised by nannies, not her own mother and father. Besides throwing her hundreds of dollars every day since she was twelve, there wasn�t much else that her parents provided. It had been that way her entire life, and Hallie wasn�t one to go whining about it to anyone, it was just lonely sometimes.

�Well just call if you need somewhere to escape,� Abby offered.

�I will,� Hallie smiled thankfully. There were several times during holiday breaks like this that Hallie would call Abby in tears over something hurtful her family said or did, but she was hoping she wouldn�t need to call anyone. This time it was different, she wanted to really try and make things better with her family.

� I love you, I�ll see you after the break,� Hallie hugged her friend.

� I�m going to miss your cooking so much,� Abby pouted.

�I�ll save some for you,� Hallie promised.

Abby dragged her two suitcases downstairs and was eventually out the door.

Once Hallie was packed up she left her cozy beachfront home and made her way up to cold Sacramento, where her family only used the mansion there for holiday get-togethers.

Just like school she was going to focus all of her energy into making the most elaborate Thanksgiving meal her family, and David�s family ever tasted. She was so excited that before she arrived home she decided to stop by the supermarket and get everything she needed to cook the Thanksgiving dinner.

Once she pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store Hallie saw the only bright orange Hummer, and wondered if it was the one David�s mom drove. There was no way she could be grocery shopping though�.

Hallie got a cart and pulled all the different lists for recipes out of her purse. She prayed that David�s mom wasn�t there, she wasn�t prepared to see her yet. To her dismay she heard her, then saw her arguing with an employee about something.

Larissa Carrington would have stood out in the store even if she wasn�t making a scene. Her huge fake b***s were practically bursting out of her bright green terry cloth tracksuit. Everything was so unnatural about this woman from her obviously fake hair extensions down to her two hundred dollar pedicure. She was accompanied by a little Chihuahua she slung in her right arm like a football, and by the Carrington�s live in maid who was balancing a basket and pushing a cart full of random food. It all made sense now, that woman never did anything on her own, and usually sent someone else to the dry cleaners, fill up the gas tank of her huge car, even the bank. Plus Larissa had b***h written all over her, especially when it came to Hallie. She always made a snide comment about her appearance, her outfits, about anything she possibly could. The saying was really true, you date someone you also date their family. F*****g mother�s in law.

Hallie figured she might as well say hi since she had to see her tomorrow for Thanksgiving anyhow.

�Hi Mrs. Carrington,� Hallie interrupted the argument between her and the teenage store clerk.

�Oh�hi Hallie,� Larissa said turning up her fake nose.

�Nice to see you too b***h,� Hallie mumbled softly. She really hated that woman.

�Excuse me?� Mrs. Carrington exclaimed flinging the dog around like a rag doll.

�I said nice to see you!� Hallie put on a fake smile and hugged her. As much as she hated Mrs. Carrington she loved screwing with her when David wasn�t around. Two could play the game right?

�It must have been a long drive from Malibu. You just look so tired! You are going to put on some make up for Thanksgiving right?� Larissa sneered.

Hallie wanted to curse her out right there, but she would not stoop down to this b***h�s level, plus playing the game was much more fun.

�Wow Mrs. Carrington, you can actually see my face? David and I were so worried that with your age you might start losing your eyesight!� Hallie said trying not to laugh at her own words.

�What are you talking about? I�m fifty-five years old I�m not going to lose my eyesight anytime soon!� Larissa exclaimed.

� Oh that�s right, I keep thinking your sixty-five,� Hallie enunciated the age. � I don�t know why!� Hallie shrugged knowing David�s mother probably wanted to kill her.

�Well I have to finish grocery shopping,� Hallie wheeled her cart away happy as ever that she won the little battle. As much as she wanted to have things smooth out with David, that woman had it coming.

�Wait!� Mrs. Carrington snatched Hallie�s shopping list out of her hand and skimmed over it. �So this is what your cooking for us?�

�Yes, I see your grocery shopping also. You are welcome to have what I cook too,� Hallie offered.

�Oh no you are going to have to cook much more than this,� Mrs. Carrington shoved the list back at Hallie. �I�m bringing several friends over to your house for Thanksgiving, so you need to make a lot more, at least three different types of desserts.�

�What about your cook Wendy?� Hallie looked over at the live-in maid waiting patiently with the load of groceries.

�No I don�t think we need her anymore. You�d like a break wouldn�t you Wendy?� Larissa said shoving her full cart across the aisle letting it roll wherever.

�You are fully responsible for the dinner now. I�m a guest in your house I shouldn�t have to bring my cook over anyhow,� Larissa decided.

�Fine, I�ll do it� Hallie sighed. It would take her much longer than she originally planned now, but Hallie was up for the challenge.

�I expect it to be good.�

�It will be great,� Hallie shot back.



© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
I keep having problems with dialogue...just the "blah blah" Hallie said...i feel like i use her name way to much lol i dont know how...to not do that though. Any help would be great, enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good point about the dialogue. If you write conversation between two people, the reader can usually follow by the paragraph breaks, without saying "xxxx said" Try to restrict it to every three or four exchanges.

"Hi Mrs. Carrington," Hallie interrupted the argument between her and the teenage store clerk.

"Oh�hi Hallie," Larissa said turning up her fake nose.

Because they have called each other by name, it is obvious who spoke. Concentrate on the way the two characters speak, differences in tone of voice, show different facial expressions. "...looking down her too perfect upturned nose..." obviously referring to Mrs Carrington.

"Yes, I see [your] grocery shopping also.
[your] is two linked words and should be written [you're]

The story is moving along nicely, I look forward to reading more. Well written.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Actually, Lou, it should read "She and David".

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the dialogue.... two things that are totally minor....

"f*****g mother's in law" I think should be "f*****g mother-in-law's"

and

"She expressed to her mother that David and her were on a little "break", but in Hallie's family, the annual competition of who had the best mansion between the Harris family and David Carrington's family came first, even if it was uncomfortable for Hallie."

I think it might be smoother if it said "her and David" instead of David and her, but thats just a little think I think...

Dialogue is always tricky. I think you did good and want to read more.... can't wait to find out how it turns out!




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good point about the dialogue. If you write conversation between two people, the reader can usually follow by the paragraph breaks, without saying "xxxx said" Try to restrict it to every three or four exchanges.

"Hi Mrs. Carrington," Hallie interrupted the argument between her and the teenage store clerk.

"Oh�hi Hallie," Larissa said turning up her fake nose.

Because they have called each other by name, it is obvious who spoke. Concentrate on the way the two characters speak, differences in tone of voice, show different facial expressions. "...looking down her too perfect upturned nose..." obviously referring to Mrs Carrington.

"Yes, I see [your] grocery shopping also.
[your] is two linked words and should be written [you're]

The story is moving along nicely, I look forward to reading more. Well written.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1219 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2008
Last Updated on April 24, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel