Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

This chapter might make you hungry lol. Just about how hallie cooked everything for thanksgiving and everyone's being an a*****e to her. She is thinking david and her might be broken up cause he's flirting with some s**t in front of her.

"
���������I would like to know how you are going to finish on time?,� Hallie�s mother Rita Harris tapped her long fingernails against the granite counter.

Hallie had her long hair tied into a loose bun and had a mixture of cranberries, flour, and other assortments of food all over her cheeks. Definitely not her usual look, but someone as pretty as her could pull it off.

�I�ll finish,� Hallie said stuffing the turkey in a visually heinous manner. It had been one thing to make an entire spice-rubbed smoked turkey by herself, but then when Larissa announced that even more people were coming, she simply wanted to hurl the bird at her. Instead of doing that Hallie kept her mouth shut and bought something a little bit different for Thanksgiving, roast goose with potato stuffing. Definitely something she never cooked before.

��������The deal was made that Rita would cook the breakfast and Hallie would deal with the dinner. It didn�t really seem like a fair trade in her opinion, especially since Rita bought everything pre-made, and Hallie made the entire dinner from scratch. It was no big deal though, she was still trying to get her mind off things. David had barely acknowledged her presence even though he was in the next room, and Hallie hoped by the end of the meal David would finally say something, at least a thank you for all the hard work. So far nothing�.

��������After she finished filling the turkey with homemade cornbread stuffing Hallie carefully removed the roasted goose from the oven and worked on stuffing that.

After the main courses were finished all that needed to be done were the final touches on the four different desserts she made, and she wanted them to be fresh.

The kitchen�s swinging door flung open with David�s mother barging in like she owned the place. She looked at Hallie�s messy state appalled. �Rita, the Curtis family just called they are going to be here any second!�

�Honey why don�t you go get cleaned up I�ll finish up here,� Hallie�s mother said quickly.

�Why can�t I eat like this?� Hallie joked but no one laughed. She set each platter on the counter and went upstairs to go make herself presentable. After quickly showering and styling her hair, she slipped into a brand new satin Marc Jacobs dress, transforming from cook to goddess in only thirty minutes. As she came down the stairway she noted that all of the guests had arrived and were already halfway through their asparagus berry salad.

Hallie looked upon the table of strangers that she just cooked for. She amazed herself by how lovely everything looked. In addition to the food, Hallie also created the entire dinner setting with tall white candles at each place setting, and smaller red and orange ones scattered across the dinner table. She felt a sense of pride seeing her visualization shimmer before her. No one had said anything yet, but she didn't need any praise, she knew she accomplished something fantastic.

Her eye suddenly caught on to a very attractive dark haired girl who was sitting next to David. Her low cut top revealed two enormous breasts that were practically sitting on the table along with dinner. Hallie didn�t remember breasts being on the menu nor did she recall David having a cousin who looked like that.

David�s mother was eager to introduce her. �Hallie this is Alyssa, my dear friends daughter. They are visiting from Florida and they are thinking of moving here.�

�Nice to meet you� Hallie mumbled disappointed that they weren�t related. She knew how David was around big b***s, brainless like any other man. But why the hell was this b***h sitting next to her boyfriend?


�Well now that�s better,� Hallie�s mother said approvingly.

�Thanks mom,� Hallie snapped. There wasn�t even a place to sit next to her own boyfriend so she sat next to David�s pre-school aged niece Chloe instead. While everyone got through their salads and onto the autumn sausage corn soup, Hallie noticed that David hardly looked at her once, he was too fixated on Alyssa�s rack.

David�s mom Larissa kept smiling slyly in Hallie�s direction. Maybe this was payback for calling her old earlier. Hallie didn�t know, she just wanted the dinner to be over as soon as possible.

Hallie�s father stood up and the room�s chattering automatically died down. Edward Harris was a tall man, with dark slightly grey hair and brown eyes. He looked nothing like his fair, sun kissed daughter, they couldn�t be more different. It didn�t look like he smiled once his entire life and everyone around him, even his own family feared him.

�Before we bring out the goose and turkey it is tradition that we all go around the table and say what we are thankful for. I�ll start. I am thankful for my lovely wife Rita, my daughter who cooked this incredible meal, and to everyone that came.�

The table applauded as if he�d given the speech of his lifetime. Hallie was happy to hear praise from her father, it was certainly rare and she hoped he wasn�t doing it just for show.

David�s turn finally came around and Hallie thought nothing of it until he said, �I am thankful for the Harris�s inviting us for Thanksgiving once again, and I�m also thankful for new friends.�

Hallie�s jaw dropped as her boyfriend took his eyes off of Alyssa�s tits and looked straight into her face as he said it. Or maybe David wasn�t her boyfriend anymore.

�What the f**k!� Hallie wanted to scream. Yes they had taken a little break, ok a month long one, but no one gave her the memo that he was off making �new friends.� Hallie felt her eyes start to water and desperately held back tears that were begging to come out. Her turn would be soon and she couldn�t just cry during it.

David�s father went next joking about how he was thankful Hallie hadn�t burnt down the house. It was Chloe�s turn then Hallie would be next. Hallie sipped on her cranberry sparkler while Chloe babbled about her dollhouse, and other things a four year old is thankful for.


Before Chloe finished Hallie got up from her chair knowing she wouldn�t be able to talk with out getting pissed off or start crying.

�Where are you going honey?� Hallie�s mother called after her.

�Oh I have to do something with the turkey I�ll be right back,� Hallie disappeared into the kitchen. Instead of crying she just took a moment to breathe and calm down. She quickly picked up the huge platter of turkey and balanced the other goose platter with two hands. By bringing them out she hoped they would forget it was her turn to say something. She came back out to the dining room and set them both carefully on the table.

Everyone complimented the beautiful dinner and Hallie felt a little better even though David was so obviously flirting with Alyssa. How could he? In front of her whole family, in front of her?

�So how does everyone like it?� Hallie asked after everybody started eating.

David�s mother gladly answered. �Rita I was just wondering, whatever happened to your family�s cook? She was so talented.�

Hallie wanted to rip Larissa�s fake nose off of her face. Could she be any more of a b***h?

�Well I think it�s great,� David�s father replied. �I mean who knew that the princess of Beverly Hills knew how to use an oven?�

The whole table erupted with laughter, including her own parents, and including David.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
It kind of ends abruptly...but i think thats fine for this chapter. I kind of go into a lot of detail with the food, clothes, setting, etc. You can tell me if it is too much :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well written. the tension between various characters comes over well, particularly Hallie's feelings towards David's new friend. Good descriptions of the food without going over the top. Never having experienced a "Thanksgiving dinner" other than in films or TV, I find it very educational.

If that is the end of the dinner, I thought it did end a little abruptly. Perhaps there is a Thanksgiving Dinner part 2 to come? I'm waiting to see more about the four deserts, and was expecting some kind of disaster, Mrs Carrington ending up with a gateau thrown at her or something.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good dialogue. And great imagery!

This really did make me start to get hungry. =D

Good luck in my contest!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well written. the tension between various characters comes over well, particularly Hallie's feelings towards David's new friend. Good descriptions of the food without going over the top. Never having experienced a "Thanksgiving dinner" other than in films or TV, I find it very educational.

If that is the end of the dinner, I thought it did end a little abruptly. Perhaps there is a Thanksgiving Dinner part 2 to come? I'm waiting to see more about the four deserts, and was expecting some kind of disaster, Mrs Carrington ending up with a gateau thrown at her or something.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1195 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2008
Last Updated on April 24, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..