Storm on A Spring Day

Storm on A Spring Day

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

REALLY awful first draft, I didnt edit much...but yea i havent posted in a while and i was inspired blah blah. I've changed a lot in the story...its pretty similar but since I've figured out an ending i had to go back and chagne a few things, so I apolog

"
Storm on a Spring Day

        A little ways up the hill someone stood tall next to the lighthouse. Next to her lighthouse. How dare they steal her spot. The man was tall, with his dirty blonde hair rustling in unison with the gold fields. Hallie ran further up to get a full view of the man, then immediately came to halt upon seeing who it was, but it couldn't be? All the way from New York? Why would he-

"Hallie!" He called as if he was expecting her to come.

"Is that really you?" Hallie yelled back as she tried to start her run back up, not moving nearly fast enough up the winding trail.

He flashed his rare smile in return and began opening his arms anticipating her arrival. How did he know that she would just forget everything and run to embrace him. Hallie shook her head. She really hated him for it, but thank God. Thank God he was here, and wouldn't allow her to feel empty anymore. Hopefully.

Before she knew it she reached the top, and claimed her prize. Not the view of the ocean, which just seemed to be in the background compared to him, but the touch of his hand curling around the shape of her shoulders. She closed her eyes at the feeling, then opened them as if she just woke up from a restful sleep.

"I'm sorry I left Hallie, I was afraid," he responded to her thoughtful blue eyes.

She placed her hand in his, and automatically everything was forgiven. She didn't care if he'd been afraid, why he'd left. She probably should have, but he came all the way to California didn't he? It was enough for her.

To express this she removed her grasp from his hand and placed it on his face, taking it into hers and kissing his lips as lightly as the breeze was rustling through the air. He removed the rubber band from her hair allowing it to fan down her back, and interrupted their kiss by pressing her little body to his.

"Leaving you had to be the dumbest thing I ever did," he whispered.

"I know," she agreed, both began laughing.

She pulled away from his grasp to look at his face again, just to make sure he was really there. He looked better than ever, his pale face glimmered in the late afternoon, and his eyes looked like a lighter turquoise than they normally did. He looked happier, or refreshed, or something. Maybe because like her he felt whole again after so long.

"How did you know I'd be here?" she shook her head in disbelief.

"I'll tell you everything. First can we just lay here?" he removed his black t-shirt and lay back in the tall grass closing his eyes, and extending an arm up for her to join him.

Without any further questions she took his hand and allowed him to pull her down to the earth with him. She lay her head atop his bare chest feeling more at ease than she had felt in a long time. Even a professional massage didn't feel this relaxing, this relieving. His muscular body felt so rough underneath her head, then the softness reclaimed its place again when his body began rising up and down with his breathing. His steady heartbeat steadily thumped in her ear. Like a steady beat to keep rhythm, it fueled her. She could feel her own blood pumping, hear her own heart pounding, much faster than his. It was like he kept her alive. She lovingly kissed the sound, so thankful for this moment and closed her eyes trying not to laugh as he lightly brushed his lips against her neck.

As wonderful as it was right now, she had to know. What reason could there possibly be for him just leaving her like that in New York? Sleeping with her, and leaving? A guy she didn't know would do that, not Christian West, she knew him better than that.

"What could have possibly made you go? Do you not feel as amazing, as light as I do when I'm with you? Why Christian? Please, just be honest," she requested without anger.

His chest, even his neck rose as he breathed in heavily to prepare an answer. He then carefully turned to her, his eyes filled with anguish. "I don't know, after Derek it was hard feeling that good again. It was hard feeling anything again. I couldn't handle it I guess."

Hallie sat up from her comfort walked a few feet ahead from where he was laying, and leaned against the white lighthouse.

He couldn't handle it? What couldn't he handle? She stared thoughtfully at the sea to trying to figure out the puzzle of his words not wanting to actually ask him.

Arms wrapped around her, and she was immediately reminded of her dream she had by the lighthouse, of William and Natalie Fenris. William assuring Natalie that he'd return, but he never would. Is that what Christian was about to do now?

"I'm so sorry," he whispered into her ear, the soft sound giving her the chills.

"Why did you wait so long to come back?"

"I wanted to be ready. It's going to be okay now Hallie, I'm here, I'll stay alright? I promise this time."

"Why does it feel like you are so far away?"

"I'm right here," he looked straight into her eyes to assure her. And as if that weren't enough he brought her into a kiss again, except not so soft this time. It felt just like the passionate times during Christmas in front of his fireplace, the forbidden excitement of it, and him, in all his real, unspoiled by rich parents, unpredictable, flawed perfection. Instead of a soft breeze of a kiss it all turned into a thunder storm, passion rumbling within her and lightening striking onto all the places on him she found irresistible . She shoved him against the lighthouse and made him hers again. He could have slept with other girls in New York, knowing him he probably did, but she knew none of that mattered, she knew he was hers.

"I love you," she barely managed to say through her trembling lips.

"Don't cry Hallie," he soothed, "I'm here now," he repeated.

"I can't do this yet Christian. You left last time," she pulled back in disgust.

Christian swallowed guiltily, unable to argue with her.

"I can't let myself- get into this," Hallie told herself out loud.

"I came all the way here to tell you I'm sorry," he protested, his deep voice beginning to rise in anger. That was the true voice she knew, not this soft whispering of promises bullshit. She knew the a*****e whom she put everything on the line for and left her in a hotel room by herself.

"I'm leaving, I'm going home. Come by later, in a few days. I need time to- adjust to this," Hallie attempted to explain.

"You seemed to be adjusting just fine," he chuckled cockily.

"Christian, whenever I'm around you all my stupid emotions get the better of me. I can't let them, I have to go. I'm so happy that you came, I'll see you in a couple of days, okay?" Without waiting for an answer Hallie straightened out the rumples in her clothes and quickly sprinted down the hill to her car. She could feel him watching her all the way down, but funny enough when she got in her car and looked up at the lighthouse he was gone. It figured.




© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
I told you it just starts lol! I'll add all the lame details later blah blah i just felt like writing :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Evil,

I liked this very much, and I'm glad you posted it even though you aren't finished with it. I'm not really worried about the rough edges, I know you'll get to those. Just make sure you clarify whether they are on the hill next to the lighthouse or on top of the lighthouse... I was unsure, but hey, it's late, I could be reading sideways. :) LOL
I love too that even though it's romantic, Hallie never lets herself fall into the delusion that Christian is this perfect kinight coming to save her.

Here's my favorite lines:

"Leaving you had to be the dumbest thing I ever did," he whispered.

"I know," she agreed, both began laughing.

She could feel him watching her all the way down, but funny enough when she got in her car and looked up at the lighthouse he was gone. It figured.




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting how he shows up and it is Hallie who leaves. Good start for this chapter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hallie's becoming more emotional as the story progresses. Hehehe!! And Christian? What happened to him? Why did he disappear? Just some questions lingering in my head. Loved this one. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Evil,

I liked this very much, and I'm glad you posted it even though you aren't finished with it. I'm not really worried about the rough edges, I know you'll get to those. Just make sure you clarify whether they are on the hill next to the lighthouse or on top of the lighthouse... I was unsure, but hey, it's late, I could be reading sideways. :) LOL
I love too that even though it's romantic, Hallie never lets herself fall into the delusion that Christian is this perfect kinight coming to save her.

Here's my favorite lines:

"Leaving you had to be the dumbest thing I ever did," he whispered.

"I know," she agreed, both began laughing.

She could feel him watching her all the way down, but funny enough when she got in her car and looked up at the lighthouse he was gone. It figured.




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ehhhhhhhy nice job did i miss a few chapters or something??? I really liked it though

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ot just get a feeling that you wanted to write but like you said it will be a whole lot better when you expand on it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great! I'm so happy he's finally back with her! Normally I would have said Hallie shouldn't have left, she should have just been happy...but after all the crap I've gone through with guys I totally applaud her in not jumping right back in. Stupid boys....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 5, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel