Moods

Moods

A Poem by DrD

sit there, arms folded about your knees

sit there and sulk

and still you are beautiful even when your mood

settles on your face like bad makeup

your glances dance with the fire of your anger

and your tongue spews threats and accusations

but your beauty shields me from all harm

and i find wonder even in your wrath

 

cry. . . . blackmail me with tears knowing my heart

is your ransom already paid

advertise your disappointment with a trembling lip

and sniff your sadness with jerky breaths

you will soon want refuge in my arms

and rest your head on my shoulder asking for promises

then there will be crumpled sheets and anguished gasps

as you lock me within your legs and lift your eyes to god

 

pout . . . .  no offense is greater than one against you

you know you seduce with a look over your shoulder

you use your beauty as a weapon and you invade at will

if i refuse, countless hearts are waiting for you to happen in

come, let us pretend again that all is well

and you can move upon me with clenched teeth

and whimper before you collapse upon my chest and lie about love

and i can believe it again and cherish a hope about someday

© 2012 DrD


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tex
I loved this.

Having dyslexia and having given up on learning in school I can not speak to construct, but I can speak to honesty, truth, the emotion the piece brings to the fore for me. It is all there.

The layers of dysfunction in this are fascinating. In my mind I see a man older than his lover, somewhat chauvinistic, dealing with his lover in a somewhat condescending way. But before we get a chance to feel sorry for her we learn that she is manipulative and uses her charms to get what she needs from the relationship. The two dance their dysfunctional dance in perfect step, it is a dance they have created and they know the steps well. All the same the lingering doubt remains, the truth can not be avoided. They are pretending. He is hoping, we get a sense of longing for honesty and something more authentic. We are left to wonder, is she playing him or does she feel the same? And, would he change the steps to this dance if given the opportunity?

Wonderful. Just pulls you right in.

If this is who you are... then how painful it must have been for you to review my poem. Thank you for being so nice about it.


Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
DrD

11 Years Ago

Nicholas, I have become calloused to difficult things because yes, this is who I am. I am also very .. read more



Reviews

I could identify myself with the poem , I love it

Posted 10 Years Ago


DrD

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Acucena. I appreciate your kind words.
It is quite a romantic one. You are a beautiful observer trying to coax the girl to given in. Pretty nce poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DrD

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you visited and enjoyed this work. Please come again.
DrD

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked this work and I hope you will visit again son.
I love the voice of this poem and the way you express 'her' various moods.

Though the speaker came across as an emotional sadist, I still enjoyed the poem...maybe that's why...just jesting.

Nice poem, it's always nice to read something about the manipulative affects of beauty...especially those unaware of their beauty.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

10 Years Ago

A belated thanks, Writer. I appreciate your visit.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Hi I felt that this is a nicely versed tale of beauty, co-dependency, and a willful, arbitary resignation to your loved one, good writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Women without make up is awesome. Superficiality is just not my thing. This poem is magnificently written. You have my everlasting praise and appreciation for what you have done for me. I will always try to give glory to the one who believes in me. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

You are most welcome, Geon and always welcome here. Thank you.
This is unbelievably relatable. I have been told I cry myself miserable. I have been told it is only for attention. This is a realistic poem about how others may see you when down, how you may see yourself. Thank you. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

On the contrary, thank you for your visit and I hope to see you again soon.
You make it sound as if a woman's moods are to be feasted upon? I suppose for some of us, that is indeed true.

An interesting style there D.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much
This was an amazing write because it was real and from the heart. Yet, at the same time, its point of view was unique. You weren't pouting as the narrator. It was accepting and you said it as a matter-of-fact. The ending left an interesting feeling, a painful yet breathless feeling. "and cherish a hope about someday".. it was a smack in the face as an ending. "advertise your disappointment with a trembling lip, and sniff your sadness with jerky breaths. You will soon want refuge in my arms"... it's full of insight, and the reader knows that this has all happened before. you're watching the playback as you're expressing the future. I love this. Amazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

You're most kind, Meg. Thanks for visiting me here.
Powerful stuff. Incredible. The way you've captured this co-dependent relationship is nothing short of brilliant. Excellent write. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

And thank you for your very kind words
Amazing, I read it, then read it again, and then once more. The perfect picture of a woman who is content to get her way until her way no longer works for her lover. Lovely illustration of the dysfunction of a relationship that still somehow works. At least that is what I see when I read it..I really like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Lyn, and yes, you captured the theme of this work perfectly. I'm very happy that you enj.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5719 Views
142 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 31, 2012

Author

DrD
DrD

A suburb of heaven, Mexico



About
I'm just a guy living in Mexico. I am the author of SMITH COUNTY JUSTICE (horribly over priced) and some other books you can find in my photos. or at my website: http://auth18.wix.com/david-e.. more..

Writing
THE DRESS THE DRESS

A Poem by DrD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..