Moods

Moods

A Poem by DrD

sit there, arms folded about your knees

sit there and sulk

and still you are beautiful even when your mood

settles on your face like bad makeup

your glances dance with the fire of your anger

and your tongue spews threats and accusations

but your beauty shields me from all harm

and i find wonder even in your wrath

 

cry. . . . blackmail me with tears knowing my heart

is your ransom already paid

advertise your disappointment with a trembling lip

and sniff your sadness with jerky breaths

you will soon want refuge in my arms

and rest your head on my shoulder asking for promises

then there will be crumpled sheets and anguished gasps

as you lock me within your legs and lift your eyes to god

 

pout . . . .  no offense is greater than one against you

you know you seduce with a look over your shoulder

you use your beauty as a weapon and you invade at will

if i refuse, countless hearts are waiting for you to happen in

come, let us pretend again that all is well

and you can move upon me with clenched teeth

and whimper before you collapse upon my chest and lie about love

and i can believe it again and cherish a hope about someday

© 2012 DrD


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tex
I loved this.

Having dyslexia and having given up on learning in school I can not speak to construct, but I can speak to honesty, truth, the emotion the piece brings to the fore for me. It is all there.

The layers of dysfunction in this are fascinating. In my mind I see a man older than his lover, somewhat chauvinistic, dealing with his lover in a somewhat condescending way. But before we get a chance to feel sorry for her we learn that she is manipulative and uses her charms to get what she needs from the relationship. The two dance their dysfunctional dance in perfect step, it is a dance they have created and they know the steps well. All the same the lingering doubt remains, the truth can not be avoided. They are pretending. He is hoping, we get a sense of longing for honesty and something more authentic. We are left to wonder, is she playing him or does she feel the same? And, would he change the steps to this dance if given the opportunity?

Wonderful. Just pulls you right in.

If this is who you are... then how painful it must have been for you to review my poem. Thank you for being so nice about it.


Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
DrD

11 Years Ago

Nicholas, I have become calloused to difficult things because yes, this is who I am. I am also very .. read more



Reviews

This is a good poem. What I like is that it is visual, you describe a situation in the first verse then elaborate on the theme. Too much poetry in WC is just about feelings, feelings are fine, but they need to be created by observation or situations,so liked the way you constructed this.Like the use of the lower case and the way you use a single word as motiv for the verses. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Leslie. I appreciate your visit.
Full of insight and I can detect honesty as well.

Very, very nice. :)

I've been meaning to check out your work and I reprimand myself now for not doing it sooner...

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

You're always welcome here, Nora. Thanks for your visit and kind words
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

It's no problem, really :)
A truth I wish I had learned at a much younger age...........for someone to write such as this, they have lived it. Only those of us who have lived it truly understand it. Excellent

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Neva. I appreciate your visit and kind words.
I was just pulled right into this piece.
Your style of writing intrigues me and I was glad I stumbled upon this fascinating write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


there is always a girl who embodies these attributes that has passed through your life at one time or another. some men really have fortitude and love in their hearts. my cohorts and i are very grateful to have had someone like you who was their for us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

I had no options, Mockingbird, and I still don't.
I drink the wine, not because it's good, rather because it's there and I am thirsty. Besides, the water is dangerous this time of year. The monkey sees itself in the water and thinks, doesn't it? What does it think? Does it think about sounds, strung together that evoke memories? Memories of it's life, it's last meal, a mate perhaps? The danger of the jungle is ever present, ever near. We know instinctively to beware and yet we are seduced by it's beauty, it's myriad sounds; much like the ocean and beach we are meant to touch, to erode, to fill with an abrasiveness that sooths and beckons with the promise of a gentle demise. What a wonderful poem - to evoke such thoughts. You inspire. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

thank you for your visit. I have not seen you here befoe and I appreciate your kind words.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CS
The sexy ones can brood in the most seductive ways. I can only speak for myself but I am sure we have all been there with someone we have loved. It is amazing what we will put up with for the one we have given our heart to. It is also amazing how much pretending one must do to avoid pain. Does being in those "crumpled sheets" actually solve the problem? Probably not but at least it's a start.
As always, I enjoyed reading your words. You have turned something mundane into the esoteric. Very nice work.


Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Courtney. I appreciate you being here.
Such great detail. It's like you've squeezed every drop of water out of the cloth of your feelings onto the page. I sense a bit of experience and the need to creatively express a rant at the same time You are a great writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

And you are very kind.
Its so difficult to praise this piece because honestly mere words of praise can and never will do justice to it. This is absolutely wonderful and brings out the inner feelings and emotions that one keeps hidden deep inside.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

Thanks WW, good to see you here.
This is 'love is blind' personified, you do brilliance so effortlessly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DrD

11 Years Ago

I don't know if I get inspiration from experience or had experiences through inspiration At any rat.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5719 Views
142 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 31, 2012

Author

DrD
DrD

A suburb of heaven, Mexico



About
I'm just a guy living in Mexico. I am the author of SMITH COUNTY JUSTICE (horribly over priced) and some other books you can find in my photos. or at my website: http://auth18.wix.com/david-e.. more..

Writing
THE DRESS THE DRESS

A Poem by DrD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..