I Decide Who Lives Or Dies

I Decide Who Lives Or Dies

A Story by ExulansisCity

Isn’t it funny, how we are drawn to death? How there’s that nagging feeling in the back of your head, that prompts you to run towards it, rather than to shy away like logic would have us do? Like that desire jump off a building, just to experience the fall, even though you already know it would only end in death.


And see, I never understood why people would go to notoriously dangerous and haunted spots. Is the adrenaline rush really so addicting that you would throw out all caution and sense for it? Or perhaps it’s your pride. We do, so stubbornly, cling to our pride. But let’s get something straight. You aren’t brave. You aren’t a hero. You are a moron. “Oh look at me, I can risk my life, I’m so cool”. Yeah well news flash. Anyone can risk their life. And it doesn’t prove jack s**t. Especially if you lose it.


And you, you always think you’re special don’t you? When you walk into these dark places. You’re invincible. But let’s clear that up right now. You. are. Not.


I have seen countless times, that moment where someone finally realizes, “Holy s**t. I might not survive.” Really, you’re just realizing this now?


Now let me introduce myself. I decide who lives, or dies.


I am the fear that you held down with your pride. I am the shiver that sends ice through your veins, starting at the top of your spine, and travelling out and infecting all of you, most importantly, your mind.


I am the quiet whisper in your thoughts, that grows louder until it consumes you. I am slow onset of insanity. The shadows, the darkness, the unknown.


I used to paint walls with your blood. Use your entrails as party streamers. Use all your cheap, stupid horror tropes to scare you.


But I don’t do that anymore. Because i’ve found that you don’t really need that. I leave you alone in the dark for a while with your own thoughts and you start to wither away, like a worm in the sun.


And that’s all you are. A worm. No hero. Nothing special. Too bad you didn’t realize that sooner.

© 2016 ExulansisCity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

“Oh look at me, I can risk my life, I’m so cool”. Yeah well news flash. Anyone can risk their life. And it doesn’t prove jack s**t. Especially if you lose it.

So real I have to laugh. Well said. I liked this little rant. (may I call it a rant?) Thanks for sharing it with us. :)



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ExulansisCity

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! And yes you can definitely call it a rant haha, it's got all the aspects of.. read more



Reviews

Nice little musing, definitely not pulling any punches!

Posted 7 Years Ago


A amazing tale written.
"I am the quiet whisper in your thoughts, that grows louder until it consumes you. I am slow onset of insanity. The shadows, the darkness, the unknown."
The above lines. Powerful and worthwhile. Control over life and death is a curse, not a blessing. Thank you for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Not sure what I just read but it was deep and well written for a rant of sorts haha.

Posted 7 Years Ago


“Oh look at me, I can risk my life, I’m so cool”. Yeah well news flash. Anyone can risk their life. And it doesn’t prove jack s**t. Especially if you lose it.

So real I have to laugh. Well said. I liked this little rant. (may I call it a rant?) Thanks for sharing it with us. :)



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ExulansisCity

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! And yes you can definitely call it a rant haha, it's got all the aspects of.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2016
Last Updated on September 6, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..