Nuclear corruption

Nuclear corruption

A Story by Eyudo
"

when nuclear power plants fail, our deaths are soon to follow, destroyed by a single cloud. wanna see a dramatization so very real? read on my friend.....

"

 

 

     Chaos had broken out at the control center in the nuclear power plant suddenly. Workers in radiation suites frantically ran around, trying to fix the cores overreaction in time. Panic arose, everyone was terrified.
     Time was almost up for them and the core was going to blow and would take all out with the explosion to come after. The alarm beeped over and over and everyone prepared for what was to ultimately come.
     The grounds were shaking and the temperatures rose. The workers were sweating and saying their last prayers, wishing they had only five more minutes to say their farewells to their loved ones, just five more minutes, please?
     They had had drills and classes and even seen films of this, but nothing could come close for preparing them for this actual end. All hopes had been lost. Lights flashed and the heats became even more intense, almost unbearable.
     One of the workers, who was crying in tears of regret and dropping his masculinity all at once, ran over and hit the big, round, red button in the middle of the master control panel. Sirens started to wail through the city and everyone knew what would come next. The end for them was near.
     Pandemonium struck throughout the city. Some took their cars and tried to flee; other went to their secure shelters and places and hoped for the best. The rest of them just went on as normal, either unknowing of it or just unbelieving about it.
     Back in the plant, a feministic voice came over the PA system. “Nuclear melt down in T minus ten seconds. 10…9…8…7…6…5…4…” All the workers and citizens listened as the count down drew to a finish. “3…2…” Minds every where filled with thoughts for no one to ever here and questions to always be unanswered. There was no time to answer them. Most just wondered “why?” All did except the children tucked into their beds, clueless and naive to the problems surrounding.
     “1…0…melt down in sector 7.” Everything was silent in the city s they waited for it all to be over. In that flash of a second, it happened. The walls of the plant burst open and vaporized. The explosion spread so rapidly. It had engulfed the entire city in a matter of mere minutes.
     The lucky ones who lived closest to the plant died quickly and painlessly, their body’s disintegrated, flesh and bone into a pile of radioactive ash and swept away by the force of the debris filled winds. The mushroom cloud was extremely dangerous, but also a magnificent sight, able to be seen from hundreds of miles away.
     Unfortunately for the people on the furthest outreach of the cloud, they suffered a slow, painful, agonizing death. And the lucky ones who didn’t die on the edge of the town weren’t so lucky and wished they would have died.
The green glowing cloud rose higher and higher, destroying more and more land and thousands more lives. A tragic and unforgettable scene of pure gruesomeness and brutality. 
     The cloud did start to recede after it had had its fill of destruction and debris started to rain and settle. It rained searing hot ash and their streams filled with garbage and human remains. Corpses were everywhere and still more came down from the skies. Blood ran down through what use to be roads, now just broken up piles of rubble. Limbs and organs scattered. The smells of death were strong and almost unbearable.
     The cloud finished and completely dissipated. All was calm and silent now that the cloud was gone. But fogs and ash and a few falling objects still remained. It was too hard to see the damage through it.
     Once all the smokes cleared, the few survivors emerged from the woodpiles and rubbles that they use to call their beautiful homes. One man was missing an arm. Another man seemed to be fused into the concrete of his old porch, only from his waist up was left. Then a women runs down the road, screaming in severe pain as most her skin was missing and bare muscle showed. The airs burned to her and the ashes stuck onto her exposed muscle.
     A group of people in all sorts of conditions ran to try to escape the inescapable. Some deformed, some injured, some already marked for dead. Thousands of roaches ran with them and around them, disturbed, but unharmed. The stronger of the survivors watched in fear as even stronger men dropped dead instantly in their tracks. What a horrible scene.
     The ones that actually survived and made it out of the town were ultimately shot down by the bullets of the army that had dispersed around the city in armor and radiation suites. They had orders from the government to kill all survivors, they said it too risky to have to exposed monsters running about and contaminating anyone else. No one was to be left alive for the public’s safety. Ironic as that is for them not having a better plan for this city incase this was to ever happen. There was no safety there anymore.
     Everyone in the city was killed or slaughtered. Even the animals and pets were downed due to there own exposure. Their hope of survival was impossible, cut down by the world. They honestly never had a chance. What a tragedy, it was so very sad to see. All those innocent people in the city…...

 

Nuclear corruption

© 2008 Eyudo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on July 17, 2008
Last Updated on July 26, 2008

Author

Eyudo
Eyudo

Painesville, the city of pain....., OH



About
BUY MY WRITING!!! CLICK HERE! well, all yu humans can call me Eyudo (Eye-Yoo-Dough), since not many knows or calls me by my real name, i have to stay mysterious when i can :) infested more..

Writing
i saw it fly i saw it fly

A Poem by Eyudo