Rain

Rain

A Story by EJ Williams
"

A short prose piece about a girl experiencing a rain shower. There is more than meets the eye.

"

I stood. I breathed. I felt.

The feeling of rain on my naked skin was my favorite feeling in the world. It was the first pleasurable feeling I'd ever felt.

I squared my shoulders and spread my arms out wide, wanting to feel it with every inch of my skin. I tilted my head back, feeling the droplets roll across my forehead and steak down my cheeks like tears. Rain sneaked into my nostrils and I threw my head forward, snorting to get it out and spitting out the water that slipped through the cracks between my lips. I still loved it.

I opened my eyes. Water droplets bounced of my eyelashes. I crouched down and watched the rain trickle between the gravel rocks, carrying away the smaller ones. Rain drops raced each other down my spine.

Thunder rumbled. I felt it reverberate through me. My heartbeat rumbled with the same loudness. The same depth of noise. The same wonderful vibration through me. Lightning streaked across the sky, landed not far from me. The air smelled singed and every hair on my body stood on end. Thunder rumbled again and the reverberation through my body pushed a laugh through my lips.

I stood straight up and threw my arms out wide, spreading my surface area, expanding myself. If I could catch every raindrop on my skin I would. Pull it into me, contain it. Or dissolve and be one with it.

The icy chill seeped through my pores to my very core. My legs began to tremble and shake uncontrollably. But I loved it still.

The water dripping off me was murky and brown but above me the rain was clear and clean and beautiful.

I held out my hand, cupping my palm to catch the rain. I squeezed my fingers together so tightly to keep ahold of the rain that my hand began to ache. I still loved it.

But then the rain stopped.

© 2017 EJ Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on September 30, 2017
Last Updated on September 30, 2017
Tags: rain, nature, sensory, short