Jack Prologue Part 2

Jack Prologue Part 2

A Chapter by EJ Williams
"

Read more on my website ejsmagazine.wordpress.com

"

I was 7 years old when my grandmother died and left me alone in that cold, quiet house. I was 7 when I first decided to run away. The gardener’s shed at the edge of our property was as far as my short weak legs could carry me. I wanted to hide there overnight but the door was locked so I climbed in through the small, side window.

When my feet hit the ground I knew I wasn’t in the shed.

It was big and empty. What should have been wood was concrete and dirt and tall iron bars…

“Where did you come from?” A small, meek voice asked. “Who are you?”

I turned to the voice, to the  corner of the room farthest from the light that shone beyond the bars, the darkest corner.

I straightened my posture, clasped my hands behind my back and beamed my brightest smile, the way Grandmother told my was best for making friends. “I’m Adela Montaigne! I came from my parents yard through a window on the gardener’s shed.” I pointed up to where the window should have been, but there was nothing but a wall.

The source of the voice, a small grubby looking boy, crawled out of the shadows towards me. “Your eyes are Dull.”

I remember feeling insulted but I don’t remember how I responded or much of what was said afterwards. I know at some point I learned that his name is Keiran, that he was being kept there for reasons he didn’t know, and that he was from a world called Faekrin, full of magic and danger.

I don’t know how but I eventually got convinced to go home. I found a spot in the wall that my hand disappeared into, the way home. I wanted to bring Keiran with me but he couldn’t go through the “window”.

But I came back for him.

Almost every day for 9 years.

He told me about Faekrin.

I told him about Earth.

He taught me magic I taught him anything I could to pay him back.

Almost every day for 9 years.

My best friend from another world.

Nine years until one day that I went through the portal and he wasn’t there…



© 2017 EJ Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017
Tags: magic school, witches, wizards, magic, wizard school, magical world