Percy's Curse Chapter 4

Percy's Curse Chapter 4

A Chapter by EJ Williams
"

Read more on my website ejsmagazine.wordpress.com

"

I awoke to the barely muffled sound of an argument drifting into my room.

“You’re never around! And when you are you’re never ‘in the mood.’ Sorry I’m not satisfied with sex once a month!” Casey’s voice was steady and strong. I knew before she said a word that Lisette’s wouldn’t be.

“Oh so sorry I have more than seon my mind!” I was correct. Lisette’s voice shook and cracked. “And sorry I’m so busy studying so I’m not trapped in a s****y corporate job my whole life!” I crawled out of bed with a sleepy groan and went to listen at the door, my forehead against the wood, not wanting to get in between them.

“I am so sick of your pretentious bullshit! Just because you haven’t given up this ridiculous witch dream. And that’s all it is, Lisette. A dream. And all you are is an idealistic idiot!”

“At least I can commit to something!”

I sighed. The fight wasn’t going to simmer down any time soon. I had to step in before Casey threw something or Lisette started crying.

“You think I can’t commit?!”

I opened my door. It didn’t seem to faze either of them.

“Of course you can’t! Why else would you-”

“Hey Lisette!” I cut her off, leaning against the doorframe with my arms folded.

Lisette turned to me, her eyes puffy and red but not wet. How long had they been fighting? “Oh hey, Percy.” She took in a deep shuddering breath. “You’re actually who I came to talk to.”

“Oh?” I stood up straight. I ignored Casey’s impatient fuming in the background as I focused on Lisette. I put a comforting hand on Lisette’s shoulder. “What’s up?”

“I looked up-” Lisette froze, her eyes focused on the top of my head. “Oh.. Oh no… It’s starting already.”

“What is?” I asked, patting my head where she was looking. “Oh! The ears are gone! The potion wore off! I guess we didn’t need those leaves after all!” I laughed. Lisette didn’t. In fact she was hyperventilating and looked about to puke.

“It’s not the potion wearing off.” She gasped out, between breaths as she tangled her hands in her hair and started pulling. “It’s the first symptom of the curse.”

“Woah, woah, woah.” Casey exclaimed, pushing her way between us and glaring daggers at Lisette.”What’s this about a curse?”

Lisette grabbed my wrist and dragged me back into my bedroom. She slammed the door behind us. “Casey can’t know?” I asked as she locked the door.

She moved deeper into my room, farther from the door. “I’ll let you decide that.”

“Uhm… Okay?” I followed her to the far end of the room and sat down on my bed. I patted the bed beside me but she shook her head and continued to stand, tugging at her hair. “So what’s the curse?”

She started to fold in on herself, crumbling and she wouldn’t look me in the eye when she answered. “It slowly takes away what makes you… you.”



© 2017 EJ Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on October 14, 2017
Last Updated on October 14, 2017
Tags: queer, queer characters, fantassy, adventure, journey, witch, lgbt, asexual, aromantic