Stigmatized Television

Stigmatized Television

A Poem by F.Gentil
"

An Observation on the television, and it's adverse effects.

"
Let me educate the masses, the highest to lowest classes, gradually being turned to asses, by the deception of the crassness. I'm going to educate you on what's happening. This increasing in all the clashing, is from blasphemy running rampant. If happiness was on television you think the world would be full of madness?  I'm stating an observation. I'm about to spill some insight on the methods of many capitalizing and living lavish.
The CEO's of CNN to Fox News seem to be spinning a variation of truths. All which is based on political party affiliation is the way one decides what needs to be used. BET hypes the ghetto life, the thug life, the music hype, while maintaining all the unrealistic "black" stereotypes. While it misses its true goal, true black entertainment. You see that has been lost with the days of the ode, if the culture back then can see where the cultures at now, the smile from being free would probably turn into a frown. And no one is truly to blame except what the television exclaims. 
MTV hits sexuality, alcohol, while living vicariously. The beauty and fame that one can claim from teen pregnancy. Conceitedness in the irrelevance of living an uncontrolled life. The guide to what is hot in fashion and what is the "true" standard of life. VH1 is pretty much the same with more reality TV claims to fame, yet have you ever thought scenes where people are in their beds, the camera man is right there camera two feet from their head. Really is that reality or a simple illusion of what life can be, granted you had money, drama, or both to be starred on "reality" TV.
All focus on a scope of maintaining control, separate identities but same exact goal. MTV/BET/VH1 Tells you what to wear, how to be, and what's in. The news gives an opinion, opposed to being unbiased like it was when in the beginning. The way to spend more money is seen through Bravo and Home network, spend your money on more pieces and bits. All in an effort to keep up with the Jones. Are you starting to get or see it? How can a box control a mind and a soul within women and men?
It's the way you are lost in the matrix, or the reason it exist. You feed into the system, while the system don't give a s**t. 
Now let's venture to Sci-Fi, fantasize about another life/ or how about TBS special effects all night.
Which these are both bombastic, lacking any psychology clouding your mind with trash. Instead of some ideology, its lacking deep philosophy. Alexis de Tocqueville, proclaimed this was where America would be wrote his book in 1832 which truly is a political engaging prophecy. 
Take a look at the Disney Channel their sexualizing your kids, Hannah Montana to Miley Cyrus. Need more....Britney Spears. And NICK isn't any better, or Cartoon Network for that fact. While your kids sleeping, Adult Swim's adult themes are being embedded into young minds.
Come on and wake up, bake up do what you need. As long as your able to truly perceive. Lasting note in my rant before I leave. This duck dynasty stuff is more deeper than you can see. Cause hate in a message, use religion as a tool, to tear a nation apart, with the words of a person who may just be ignorant to the deception within the muse.
Let me explain.
From Trayvon Martin to Emmitt Teal, Jon bennet Ramsey, to Benghazi and those individuals being killed. The news is the blues. And television is the new form of school.  Hatred is taught not learned, It's penetrated into the heart. The overarching message in the bible is the importance of love, It's repeated and repeated but people focus on other stuff. 
Irrational judgment on another, is the start of a train of hate. 
The more we argue, the more it's put into space.
We can turn our head or agree with a grin.
But, do we truly comprehend?
We don't live for us but our children. 
Maturity is knowing what we can and cannot say. 
And each word we preach will be the world that will decide our faith.
So no matter if someone is different, are you full of love or hate?
Are your viewpoints yours, or did someone make you think that way?
I say what others may not know how to say. or are afraid. 
Because, I am an optimist.
And I believe that If the world could see the mask being pulled over the populations eyes.
Then love could maybe found. 
You see to quote the bible one of my favorite scriptures reads.
"Hatred Stirreth up strife; but love coverth all sins"
I don't think there is any more to say, but...
The End. 

© 2013 F.Gentil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good point of view about digital culture it could be compared to amoebas or ants that are just passing through life that build empires only to be crushed by nature where nobody's opinion is important because everyone is programmed to wait for the next big thing that could shadow their accomplishments for them to never enjoy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

F.Gentil

10 Years Ago

OMG, where have you been all my life my new bff! That's exactly what I am saying, its very interesti.. read more



Reviews

Very good point of view about digital culture it could be compared to amoebas or ants that are just passing through life that build empires only to be crushed by nature where nobody's opinion is important because everyone is programmed to wait for the next big thing that could shadow their accomplishments for them to never enjoy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

F.Gentil

10 Years Ago

OMG, where have you been all my life my new bff! That's exactly what I am saying, its very interesti.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2013
Last Updated on December 24, 2013

Author

F.Gentil
F.Gentil

Lafayette, LA



About
When I was a youngin' I would write because I enjoyed creating stories. I grew up with friends of many different religious backgrounds. Therefore, I learned tolerance and respect at a very young age. .. more..

Writing
Prince Prince

A Story by F.Gentil


Broken Broken

A Poem by F.Gentil


Lightbearer Lightbearer

A Poem by F.Gentil