Life's Masquerade

Life's Masquerade

A Book by Tabatha P.
"

The idea of Hell inspires. It inspires not only me but has inspired and will continue to inspire some of the greatest artists. It inspires great works of art. Poems. Paintings. Novels. The Christians believe Hell is a place of punishment.

"

© 2008 Tabatha P.


My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

The thought of Hell inspires? At least someone agrees. Hell inspires, an interesting idea, even beautiful in its simplicity.

It is an interesting story, I will give you that. Breathtaking and captivating, all in one. Scarcely from the moment I picked the paper up and start reading it did, I put it back down. There are parts that I question but most I agree with completely.

For example-

You�ll go through your lives never tasting the sweet pleasure of a life full of dissent and unabashed sin. The apple is sweeter than you will ever know. Then you will ever have the courage to know. It seems a simplistic thing to do. Taste the juicy fruit of the apple, shed your costume, and live life as it should be. But in truth it�s one of the hardest things to do. Society forces us to conform. We�re to never break a taboo. Never go against the norm. Be exactly the same as the person next to you.

-I don't think you could have said it better. This is one of those moments where I wish I could shake your hand. It would be an honor to, to shake hands with someone who expresses their mind when everyone else turns a blind eye. I will admit even I have issues with doing the same. So I guess you have become like an idol...damn, guess you got your wish. Another of my favorite parts are-

You think the smile is an extension of kindness... It amuses me how quickly my smile with be returned by a perfect stranger when all I�m really thinking about is how lovely that person would look on bed of silk, surrounded by wood and eventually dirt with the worms burrowing their way through the slowly decomposing flesh.
Oh, sick isn�t it? Yet you�re still reading. And I know why. It�s intriguing. Appealing to your darkest desires... For I am in fact everything you�ve ever wanted. I�m everything forbidden to you. Something you yearn for. Something you could never have because you restrain yourself.

-the reason being is that, although hard to admit, I do agree with you. I was appealed by your writing. But not only that, but you dark sense of reality. I find it somewhat amusing how this character, if it is in fact not you, reacts to everyday life.

So out of everything I know about writing and writing it proper, which isn't much, I would say this peice is good enough to be published. And if it was I would buy the book. Grammatically and punctuationaly, this story seems sound. But when it comes to plot depth and whether or not this is a captivating peice, then you when hands down. I loved this story and look forward to reading the rest of your peices. Especially if you hold onto the same darkness in them. Great story.


Posted 17 Years Ago


Humm, very interesting. I appreciate the unique approach that is used. There is a strong sense of experimentalism here. I can honestly say I've not read anything like it and I feel that it is quite a powerful piece. Although I disagree with many of its conclusions, the manner in which they are presented is laudable in itself. Great job.

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
Added on April 8, 2008

Author

Tabatha P.
Tabatha P.

Memphis, TN



About
I'm a sophmore at Hollins University majoring in Creative Writing with a tenative minor in Gender and Women's Studies. At the moment the majority of my new writing is the result of my Creative Writing.. more..

Writing
Martyrdom Martyrdom

A Story by Tabatha P.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Tabatha P.