The weather of life

The weather of life

A Poem by FaithfullyJennyBear

The childhood days;

The rain that brought the raincoats and wellies.

The sun the brought the paddling pools and ice creams.

The snow that brought the the scarves and gloves.

The wind the brought the kites to shove.

The hail that brought the tapping symphony

All the weathers peaceful harmony.

 

The teenage days;

The rain that brought the lazy days, tv, popcorn and friends.

The sun that brought the bikini's and shorts, the heat the sun sends.

The snow that brought the snowball fights, hot chocolate round a mates.

The wind that brought curseful words, messing my hair, the hates.

The hail that brought the running away before it hit you in the eye.

The weather that we're all out in, whether snow, rain, wind, hail or shine.

© 2011 FaithfullyJennyBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the changes that come with maturation Jenny. And you've summed tham pretty well so i have no addition:)

"The rain that brought the lazy days, tv, popcorn and friends.
The sun that brought the bikini's and shorts, the heat the sun sends."

Nicely done.

~M.Babu~

Posted 12 Years Ago


to contrast and compare.. when applying to myself, im not sure if its a desired task..lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've been through the childhood years, the teenage years and now I'm back to the childhood years again, hahaha

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is what I'm talking about - a mix up. I'm glad I was getting a little sad and tossed up in my own memories with the sadness of the other pieces. This to has sadness and anger to it, but I like it for it's difference - it's out of flow to me and that I like with this particular piece. Sometimes when it's out of flow it can be all wrong, but this is quite great with the imagery that I have in my mind as I read it I see everything unfolding. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


:) I love thiss

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well written I like it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I realy like this. It is so true. its amazing how ones view changes as we get older lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


great write!
very true words!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely poem which has me misty eyed; remembering childhood and weather born experiences evokes a sense of wonder and awe both at the weather and life. Interesting and wonderfully written words with a flow that is delightful and insightful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words are true. Each season bring a similar story for the most of us. Child and kids see each season with a different vision. I like the way you set-up the poem. Making the poem strong and the purpose clear. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011

Author

FaithfullyJennyBear
FaithfullyJennyBear

England, North east , United Kingdom



About
I'm Jenny, I'm 18, and my mind is made for poetry, it's how I think, it's how I get my feelings out, It's how I'm heard, may not always be good but it's how I feel inside :) I've also had every colou.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..