Tie a Yellow Ribbon

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

A Story by Anne Shirley
"

When former Pres. Cory Aquino died... I got intrigued by the song entitled Tie a Yellow Ribbon. The story in the lyrics were the same as the story Ninoy Aquino (the husband of the former pres. Cory) experienced at the time of President Marcos's reign... S

"

Tie a Yellow Ribbon


these happened in my province…

It all started in the middle of the night when I was heading home, a drunkard tried to shoot himself in the middle of the rocky road that I was taking, the man was crying, “My wife, she left me…” the man repeatedly murmured to himself. I tried to stop him, but then he shot himself immediately on the head. I ran towards him to make sure he’s still alive, but there is no pulse, I was terrified! Suddenly a woman passed by and saw me touching the dead man, she screamed and all the villagers came and found me, then they knocked me down, and next thing I know I was in jail. But I have done nothing wrong; they did not even give me a chance to explain nor gave me a chance to see my wife. For all I know; I was stopping a man with a broken heart.

Dear Love,

I think you’ve heard the story, but it’s all a big misunderstanding. I did not kill the man.
I was heading home that time when I saw the man, he was drunk, and he tried to kill himself because his wife left him. Will you leave me too because of this? Will you still believe when everyone don’t? Not to worry I do not wish to kill myself, if you tell me you don’t. I’ll just forget whatever happened to us and leave you. But if you believe in me, please tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree, that is if--if you still love me.

3 years have passed and yet no reply.

Dear Love,

I’m finally coming home, will you still accept me? Will you still be there?

I got in the bus; too scared to see you not there, too scared to see that there aren’t any yellow ribbons tied around the oak tree, I know it’s silly, but if I don't see a ribbon round the ole oak tree I'll stay on the bus, I’ll forget about us, and then I’ll put the blame on me. But as I got there, too hesitant at first, I tried to stop my tears. The day seemed perfect and as I looked at our house, I could not believe what I saw; there were a hundred yellow ribbons around the ole oak tree. My feet was too impatient, I ran without stopping and saw you beside the oak tree smiling gently while you let your tears stream down to your cheeks. Breathless and speechless, I took you in my arm and cried with all my heart. “There was not a time that I have not believed you” she whispered on my ear. Sadness struck me, for all this time I have doubted her, She suddenly looked at me in the eye. I saw it twinkle; she smiled and ruffled my hair like a child. “Do you think I will leave you?” I nodded; her face showed she was worried “Well you are wrong, I’m not that kind of wife, you know” She touched my face and I leaned my face against her and I could feel and smell her breath, then I closed my eyes before I knew it our lips touched, and it felt like forever.

© 2009 Anne Shirley


Author's Note

Anne Shirley
please enjoy everyone!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a sweet ending! I loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 18, 2009

Author

Anne Shirley
Anne Shirley

Manila, Philippines



About
I love reading book, but I hate school books... I really wanted to be a writer someday; So I read a lot of books to improve my English, by the way I'm a Filipino; and I'm proud of that. I wish som.. more..

Writing
Hell Hell

A Story by Anne Shirley