Leaveless

Leaveless

A Poem by FallenAngel527

Like a dead oak tree, there is no life in me. I stand tall and have yet to fall, but still no life, you see?
I was born in a desolate area; began as a single seed. I was different from the rest of these trees of this common type of breed.
Many thought they knew about me as I may have appeared; I had leaves full of life and stood tall against fear.
I gave shelter and comfort; was understood by few. Others loved me for who I was but most used me for my attributes.
I had no problem with it, for it gave joy to the world; from all who came to me and stated they loved me, I only felt it from one girl.
This one person, ever so kind, was one soul I thought I'd never find.
Someone who took care of me and helped my life go on; the pureness of water, her innocence I was very fond.
The rich, healthy ground, her foundation so steady; the air that she breathed into me was anything but petty.
Though the elements took their toll, close like bonds we made; she was my tree lover as I was her shade.
We encountered the world together and made it through the rain. We shared big parts of our lives; both beauty and pain.
I had her name carved onto me for the whole world to see, but time moved on while I stood still; now she's experiencing the world without me.
Now I'm alone with no one to watch over me; alone in this valley where there are no other trees.
So now my leaves are gone; now my life withered away. I let the elements take their time day by day.
Very few still come by, but see how different I am now; they see I've changed and they think they know how.
Like most trees, they grow and wither over time; they don't get their vital nutrients or lack the beautiful sunshine.
But me, I'm a different breed; not a whole lot of needs. I chose to go down the path of my slow demise instead of being overtaken by weeds.
Through the roughest of winds and the harshest of storms, I stand tall though I'm broken and torn.
I appear lifeless and little to give to you, but I still serve some type of purpose that's understood by few.
I'll take on the elements till I am cut out from this world; but I'll always remember the ones who gave me life, my closest friends and family, and one special girl.

© 2015 FallenAngel527


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on August 6, 2015
Last Updated on August 6, 2015

Author

FallenAngel527
FallenAngel527

About
Speak the mind in a poetic rhyme not just to pass the time, but to express and unwind more..

Writing