One Nation Under God

One Nation Under God

A Story by Le' Pugh'

www.fracturedrepublic.com

 

I’d like to take a moment to say that I disagree with you…

Not on everything, mind you but on something nonetheless.

I figure you probably see things differently than me also. It’s how we’re made.

 

Although we aren’t the sum of all that we are taught and our upbringing, it does play into our beliefs. We are higher than the animals in that we were made in God’s image giving us the distinct ability to make judgments based on reasoning. Sometimes this works for us, but more often than not in our fallen state, it fights against us. But I do believe, for the most part, most humans just want to do what’s right. But how we arrive at what is right varies greatly from person to person.

 

In this political season there will be many politicians and lobbyists trying to divide the citizenry into different camps based on their own personal agendas… and like sheep we will follow. It’s very important to keep our wits about us and listen to true logic and reason or we run the risk of losing our way as a nation.

We’ve come from such varied backgrounds and cultures and melded into The United States of America: a unique culture with a single focus we often call “The American Dream”. We need to understand that in this country as in any other there will be things we disagree with and people we like more than others. If we choose to be thin-skinned and easily offended we will not survive as a country.

To understand that this country has made mistakes is not only necessary, it’s what has taken us this far. But the original intent laid out in no uncertain words made a claim that no other country had made before that point… and few do even today: “All men are created equal”. And through the metamorphosis of America it has become not only the intent, but the eventual and attainable reality.

We have come so far in this country in terms of equality, yet we have never been more culturally divided. Politicians with an outrageous hunger for power will do anything and hurt any person or group of people just to hold onto their tiny part of this country. Greed and power have overtaken the established governmental authority. And we just keep voting the same-ol’ morons in.

It’s time that we take on the spirit of the strong-willed men and women that formed this country.

It’s time we set aside our differences and make a conscious decision to be united.

It’s time our weaknesses become our strengths and we once again become “One Nation, Under God”.

Gordon Greene

 

(Send comments to: [email protected])

 

© 2008 Le' Pugh'


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on July 5, 2008
Last Updated on July 5, 2008

Author

Le' Pugh'
Le' Pugh'

Anchorage, NE, Christmas Island



About
My new book is here! Purchase "Wings to See" at Barnes and Noble Also available on Amazon or www.fracturedrepublic.com �Wings to See� takes you on year-by-year journey thro.. more..

Writing