My Passion: Writing

My Passion: Writing

A Story by Meredith Dickey
"

English 1A assignment. Pick between two topics- Writing or Reading. I chose Writing, of course.

"

Writing Autobiography.

By Meredith S. Dickey

 

If one person wants to be a writer, it is best that he or she set aside some time to write everyday. It doesn’t matter what you write about either. It could be about anything and everything. The writer to controls the flow of words and style. In my daily life, I consistently look to writing as an escape from my daily life. Yet, many of these works are different types of writings. We each view the world differently. My world only consists of academic papers, original and fan fiction works, my journal and blog.

 

I never started writing any academic papers, such as essays until high school. I don’t remember many either. Many of these papers I didn’t use the combination of a computer and a printer, so I wrote them with blue or black ink and paper. I don’t remember most of the topics either, but only the feelings. I dreaded writing essays for my high school classes. They weren’t that fun, because the topic of choice was always chosen for us. It wasn’t until college that I got to choose the topics, and I never really been excited to write an essay before English A. In my English A class we had gotten to choose what we had to write about, yet it didn’t matter how the topics were presented. It made me feel relieved. It made me look forward to each essay and treat it as one of my own special projects.  In retrospect, I wished I could have treated my high school essays like the essays I write now. But, I knew it would have never happen.

 

However, I write my own stories. I started writing fan fiction around the age of 13 or 14. Fan fiction is a type of story base in which a writer would write about something all ready made.  The earliest memory I had, I was writing fan fiction on leaf let paper. I don’t remember much of the story, but I remember sitting in the kitchen writing it. After that, I moved onto writing a script, which ended up being thirty-four pages long.  When I was a sophomore in high school, I had ventured out and started writing original stories. I had written one called Beyond The Grave: The Witches Within. It was a story they had involved my friends. I had also turned it in with an Art project�"we had to make a character from a story that we had to write, and I decided to turn in a ten-chapter story. The story had then become my pride and joy.  After writing that story, I decided on writing a few more original stories. I didn’t turn them in though, but I found a website that allowed a writer to published them, and I did, and I had no reviews. I was unhappy, so I stuck to fan fiction for a while, and other writers loved my work. Back in 2004, I’ve tried again to write an original story, and a few readers had liked it, and I decided to continue. I’ve written a story entitled Here Lies Maria. My fans (friends) liked the story and I felt overjoyed. Since 2005, I’ve been working on and off on a writing project.  It is based off an idea that a friend and I had awhile back. I’ve done the storyline in episodes, which run about six pages. And, when I work on the story it makes me feel excited, yet writing the battle sequence makes me ecstatic. All in all, I love writing stories to help me with writer’s block, and music also helps me think of new ideas and concepts.

 

 

 

Lastly, I write about my daily life. It doesn’t matter much what I use to write with. It depends on my mood. I have both a journal and a blog. I used to write religiously in a journal when I was a young child, but things got out of hand. My younger brother, Rex; decided one day to go and find the key to my journal�"since it had a key and lock and read it, He then had told my mother about the last few entries and she got extremely mad at both Rex and I. She had gotten mad at Rex because he read the journal, and at me for writing about these children who drove me up a wall. From then on I didn’t keep a journal, because I wonder what was the point? After growing up some, I started a blog and wrote about my daily life on it.  I remember writing about my feelings for my best friend. I remember writing about how we were watching Stitch has a Glitch, and I lost the DVD box for it. I had found it though. I had put it in the dresser drawer and I forgotten during the movie. I had found it a little while later. None of my family has read this blog. Then five years ago, I met someone through live journal named Amanda. We were close friends throughout the time she lived in California. She had comforted me when I wrote about Rex hitting me in my left arm four times. Other than that writing down my daily life hasn’t been a consistency. Nowadays, I write in both only when I feel like it, because there some experiences I shouldn’t write about, and those things will remain unwritten.

 

My world consists of academic writings, original and fan fiction, and journals and blogs. These are my escapes from the real world.  Some things will always remain unwritten in my life, but that is to be expected. Especially since we all have secrets to hid. Yet, one day everything might be written down, exposed to the world for all to see.

© 2010 Meredith Dickey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on February 5, 2010
Last Updated on February 5, 2010

Author

Meredith Dickey
Meredith Dickey

Rocklin, CA



About
Hi! My name is Mary, or as some of you know me as Fammy. Let’s see, I’m twenty-five. My birthday is November 19, 1984. I was born at 4.29, and I lived in the Bay Area for 20 years. Back i.. more..

Writing