Super Powers

Super Powers

A Poem by SOUL LESS
"

Description of a War scene from the mental angle - and physical:)

"

Once in a corner of this dear earth,

A threesome started a fight.

To decide on that fateful day,

Who was wrong, and who was right.

 

Spoke One:

When the angel of hope flies away.

When a shadow is cast over the world,

Blocking all light from the heavens above.

When even Satan bows his head in shame,

As to its master, a dog lame.

 

When a man comes home, to find it destroyed.

And through the thick of smoke and fire he sees,

His child and wife naught but lifeless forms.

Is he not entitled to hate?

Is his need not dire?

 

Rose the second in retaliation:

Do they not attack us (Super powers)?

What would you call those suicide bombings?

Killing is brutal, but suicidal murder.

Repugnant to even the vilest of beings.

 

Those whom you say are harmless,

Are races of deadly terrorists

Determined to slaughter innocent civilians.

We do them naught but justice.

 

 

 

Said the third in rising indignation:

When the wells are filled with blood not water,

When even the mightiest buildings collapse.

When a baby crawls to his mother’s side,

Not to find a warm hug, but a lifeless corpse.

 

Is it justice to let a mother die

Beating at her son’s simmering body?

Is it justice to break the deepest bonds of humanity,

For a few nations, the super powers, to live in luxury?

 

SOUL LESS. 

2009  

 

© 2011 SOUL LESS


Author's Note

SOUL LESS
One of my very first poems. Hope you like it. I'm starting out and need constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

-Hello-

This is VERY touching and so close to home for us all...
The 'super powers' have abused their powers in so many instances
it should be that we are all equal without having to use words like 'super powers'
but this is not the case.

This touched me, it is a good piece of writing.
And thank you for reading ..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes I like it very much and it speaks truth even though most people do not like the truth..when it is about themselves. In the last 40 years there have been 555,000.000 abortions in the U.S. It was on the news..I lost mine before they were born..and wept for months..it makes me quesion..as to why I could not of had mine when they threw away theirs..

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good write.
You have penned sensitive subjects of today's society and it has come out on paper beautifully.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sincerely and seriously well written, so much reality and pain in words. Sometimes I think humanity forgets that there is something more powerful, greater…we forget that all that we have can be swept away from us in a second. Its not ours to begin with so why do we walk around as though we own the world. I wish people weren’t so damn ignorant, the blind see better than those with eyes, and the deaf hear better than those with ears. sometimes our own will makes us ignorant.

Posted 13 Years Ago


great poem and so true...people need time to grieve...not be expected to just pull themselves together! in the end we choose to be bitter or to love, you can't keep a good man down! This poem reminded of the Jobs comforters in the Bible. Thanks.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting write of social behavior and beliefs and I like the story you used to unfold your thoughts on this. I have come to expect very little from super powers as they are all the same just a different title. This was a great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed the way this was written, language and form, instantly reminiscient of classical, even ancient writing. Excellent piece, m'dear

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very astute social comment about the ugliness of death and dying and the lack of a sense of justice at the hands of war hungry and power hungry nations. But micro to macro....if its in the nature of the man, then it is in the nature of the men as long as we have crept upon the earth, we have realized the problem but have not been able to do much about it. Even men who dont believe in the very depths of there hearts are put in positions by others to do ill to other men. Idealistic and brave writing...loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow if this was your first poem then man, i can't wait to see the rest!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful, seriously one of my favorites ive read on this site

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1526 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 1, 2011
Last Updated on March 10, 2011
Tags: war, hatred, sadness, sorrow, pity, unfair

Author

SOUL LESS
SOUL LESS

Nakushita, Kansuki



About
I am a boy. I love English Literature. I love to write. Some people hate me for it, but for me writing is like an escape from the real world. Its like reading a book except that I control what happens.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


Her Her

A Poem by OT