Super Powers

Super Powers

A Poem by SOUL LESS
"

Description of a War scene from the mental angle - and physical:)

"

Once in a corner of this dear earth,

A threesome started a fight.

To decide on that fateful day,

Who was wrong, and who was right.

 

Spoke One:

When the angel of hope flies away.

When a shadow is cast over the world,

Blocking all light from the heavens above.

When even Satan bows his head in shame,

As to its master, a dog lame.

 

When a man comes home, to find it destroyed.

And through the thick of smoke and fire he sees,

His child and wife naught but lifeless forms.

Is he not entitled to hate?

Is his need not dire?

 

Rose the second in retaliation:

Do they not attack us (Super powers)?

What would you call those suicide bombings?

Killing is brutal, but suicidal murder.

Repugnant to even the vilest of beings.

 

Those whom you say are harmless,

Are races of deadly terrorists

Determined to slaughter innocent civilians.

We do them naught but justice.

 

 

 

Said the third in rising indignation:

When the wells are filled with blood not water,

When even the mightiest buildings collapse.

When a baby crawls to his mother’s side,

Not to find a warm hug, but a lifeless corpse.

 

Is it justice to let a mother die

Beating at her son’s simmering body?

Is it justice to break the deepest bonds of humanity,

For a few nations, the super powers, to live in luxury?

 

SOUL LESS. 

2009  

 

© 2011 SOUL LESS


Author's Note

SOUL LESS
One of my very first poems. Hope you like it. I'm starting out and need constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

-Hello-

This is VERY touching and so close to home for us all...
The 'super powers' have abused their powers in so many instances
it should be that we are all equal without having to use words like 'super powers'
but this is not the case.

This touched me, it is a good piece of writing.
And thank you for reading ..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

People do not wage war. Governments wage war and everyone suffers, there is no monopoloy on pain. All governments are the same because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Greed and avarice abound in our species. The richer the spoils, the more vultures there are round the rotting corpses of the poor. You would think that in America there would be no poor people...no starving children...no homeless or hopeless souls. But you would be greatly and sadly mistaken. I have seen the starving children without food or fresh water to drink...here in America. I have seen the hopeless souls asleep on the hard pavement in the freezing cold; their worn out shoes stuffed with newspaper to prevent frostbite. I have heard the mothers , sisters and children crying for their sons, their brothers, their fathers...dead in a desert land thousands of miles from home. Their government sent them there to fight. And they went because they loved their country and its people; NOT because they agreed with their government's policies or politics. The only ones who live in luxury are those who reap the rewards of raping the land and robbing the poor. But it is so everywhere. How can any man believe in God when he cannot even believe in his fellow man? He has seen and known his fellow man. The religious leaders are exactly like the government leaders...corrupt and using God (by whatever name they call him) to justify the murder and theft of their brothers and sisters. I enjoyed this piece. The only criticism I have to offer is of the governments and religions which make it true and contemporary.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have to say, I am impresed with the flow of words. Alot of times people focus a little to much on meaning and forget that the way a poem sounds also plays a huge role in the delivery of your message. I can tell that you spent alot of time on this, but it still has that little bit of stiffness to it. A poem should be a mix of soft rolling phrases and sharp words that snap you back to attntion. So far so good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is excellent! The imagery was awesome, Well done job!

Keep Writting!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have no criticism to give you; if you continue to write this then you will be a GREAT writer.
The imagery is amazing. The the message behind the poem is even more powerful; the "super powers" of the world take advantage of their influence and the rest of us must suffer the consequences.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very good work. It is well structured. I love the way you use a discussion. It reminds me of the story of Job in the Bible. Thae subject matter is dark but very relevant to our time. It asks the right questions and makes deep and meaningful points. Excellent!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Is it justice to let a mother die

Beating at her son’s simmering body?

Is it justice to break the deepest bonds of humanity,

For a few nations, the super powers, to live in luxury?

Very powerful.. i forgot to mention!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

that was awsome. i liked the flow and the whole thing just connected. it was so good i couldnt help but read it again. i read ur about the author and it is the same for me too it is an escape. it is who i am.

Posted 13 Years Ago


-Hello-

This is VERY touching and so close to home for us all...
The 'super powers' have abused their powers in so many instances
it should be that we are all equal without having to use words like 'super powers'
but this is not the case.

This touched me, it is a good piece of writing.
And thank you for reading ..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1525 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 1, 2011
Last Updated on March 10, 2011
Tags: war, hatred, sadness, sorrow, pity, unfair

Author

SOUL LESS
SOUL LESS

Nakushita, Kansuki



About
I am a boy. I love English Literature. I love to write. Some people hate me for it, but for me writing is like an escape from the real world. Its like reading a book except that I control what happens.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Wonder I Wonder

A Poem by OT


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT