I Would Never Let You Go

I Would Never Let You Go

A Story by Ben Walton
"

"It would be better to forget you. But I don't really want to."

"

    I would have ran through the ashen fog of midmorning pounding on the windows. My shoes would have filled with water as I told myself I will not let you go I would never let you go. I would usher you down the four steps and through the door and you would stand in the mud with a bewildered look on your face, stupefied into silence. I would have held your shoulders and said I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry. I love you don’t leave I love you. You would have an equivocal smile stretched across your face and water would be dripping down into your eyes and you would be crying and your eyes would glisten but no one would be able to tell because of all the water. I would have kissed you then, not because I love you but because I like to kiss you. The water would soak between our lips as you kiss back because you love me and we love each other. I would have apologized and you would have forgiven and we would have embraced. You would say I love you too I love you too I won’t leave I love you why would I ever leave I would never leave you into my ear and I would manage a smile and stand inarticulate. I would never let you go I would never let you go I would never let you go because at what point would going become gone? At what point would gone become indefinite? At what point would living become dying and have we been living wrong or dying just right? I would have liked to think we did something right as I pound on those windows. The efforts of the windshield wipers would be futile and the water would splash into my open mouth as I scream out your name, I love you I love you I love you and I would not be lying. I would hold you, I love you, I would never let you go I would never let you go and I would have done it all for you. I would kiss you and we would lace our fingers – I would never let you go I would never let you go I would never let you go I would never let you go.
    Instead, I stand and watch your bus depart, the rain masking my tears.

© 2008 Ben Walton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've totally felt that way before... the kind of desperate, crying-your-eyes-out sadness...
The repitition was really creative, and how it's all in a row~

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW. (real tears) This is soo good, but soo sad. I love your discription throughout it and how you used similies, because they all helped me to paint a picture of the sence through my mind, and everythingthing that was going on too. This is now one of my favoite things that you have written so far.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this still always makes me want to cry.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

darling. this is why i haven't read your work in a while.

because i adore it so.

"I would have kissed you then, not because I love you but because I like to kiss you. The water would soak between our lips as you kiss back because you love me and we love each other"

i mean, c'mon. you're not... however old you say you are. and if you are, then i'm going to pause myself so we're eventually the same age, lol.

hugs



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008

Author

Ben Walton
Ben Walton

MA



About
I'm ben. I probably smile at you in the halls. www.myspace.com/benjaminwaltonmusic. I'm fifteen and my favorite authors are David Levithan, and Steven Chbosky. My biggest influences are Elliott Sm.. more..

Writing
Epiphany Epiphany

A Story by Ben Walton