The Rise Of An Evil

The Rise Of An Evil

A Story by Farhan Shaikh
"

Continue part of my story "I was not an assassin"

"
I and my friend Grayora were more than friends. We broke into a prison to free a man and he was none other than Hairy man. Grayora was expert in unlocking the locks..according to her she is gifted with this skill.. just like a bowtruckle.. She opened the cage and I fought to the guards, most of them were goblins I fought so that we could take the hairy man out from the prison and finally after loads of quarrels we took hairy man and disapparate from there, hairy man was vulnerable when we were taking him far away from that place, we knew that people hate hairy man more than they once loved him, hairy man was so much vulnerable he couldn't even stand enough to walk. We took him on the ship and we were  going far away from that place..hairy man was old enough to die and he lost all his powers. 

On the ship we saw a strange dwarf who covered his head, all we can see his eyes and he was staring us all over the journey and we were getting followed by him when we get off from the ship after reaching the destination...
we took hairy man to my home and it was an unblinking scene for me when I saw my home scattered and everything's broken, I was afraid and I began to search my book,  my written book it was quite different book from in which a person can go in and live the way its written, and I have some of my weapons in it to fight some crucial wars.
Grayora was familiar with that book and she also knew that I have hidden my weapons and some potions in that book..Grayora uttered "Find your book Erhan, with that we can mend his body and he will be powerful again"
"Yes, but I can't find it,  I  kept in my wardrobe before leaving..and now it's gone"
"Who are you both, why did you bring me here?" Hairy man uttered with a low voice.
"He is Erhan brother of the boy who defeated the dark wizard and I'm his colleague from work Grayora, we brought you here to save you, you are dying" said grayora
"I'm dying?" Hearing that hairy man was in a shock.
"We can save you by using Erhan's book, he wrote a book which is called 
'A Soul Book', he created his stuffs and located them, no one can create things which he did that's why to keep those things safe he hides them in this book and that book is missing, someone stole it".
"What do we do now ?  We need him" Grayora said.
It was a horrible moment when that strange man appeared in my house I took my wand out and ask him about himself, he revealed his face he was a dwarf and he works for Elvin the elf.. Elvin is the most powerful elf alive among the wizards..
"We cannot wait, Elvin my master wants to meet you."
strange man said ..and we went to Elvin.

A unicorn with a cart took us off to Elvin.
"Why do you need me?" Asked Hairy man.
That question hesitated me a bit..
"A war is about to begin, some devious wizard  is causing destruction everywhere, he's after a revenge for something, that's why I wrote that book and invented few weapons and hidden them in that book" 
"How did you create that book which can hide anything in it?, How did you managed to hide them?"
" Well, I don't know how I write, my brother told me that I'm gifted from birth, and I'm always unconscious while writing, that book includes all those counter things of war".
I didn't told them everything about my book. I thought this will be enough.
And finally we reached the greydoor cave where Elvin lived, I turned my tie into a bow, wanting to show some class in front of the most powerful elf.
But we still required to cross a river in between, Grayora thought to cross the river by swimming..so she stepped in the river and river threw her back on the ground as a monster threw her but it's just a river.
"it's not a mere river, it will take something precious of us for itself, then only we can cross it, do you have anything precious?" Said the dwarf.
that was a spooky moment for me to get it...Grayora dropped her broach but the river didn't accept it, hairy man dropped his ring which he got from his father but that was also not precious enough and then I took out my picture with brother looking at the picture and remembering that moment we clicked. It brought bit of tears in my eyes and I was up to drop it down in the river for greater good.. and river swallowed it. And it built a bridge to cross and we are now on the opposite part of the river.

As soon as we enter in the cave.
we saw a man sitting on a chair and he welcomed us, he was none other than Elvin.
Elvin didn't spoke he was just staring at hairy man and finally he spoke.
"We need your help friend, a dark time is coming, and we need all of us to be together, because this time the devil us much more powerful that the dark wizard"  said Elvin.
"Hang on, he killed an extraordinary boy few years ago, whole world hates him and you need his help?" Grayora added as if Elvin is not in his right mind. That words of Elvin gave a relief to the Hairy man as he's still got his believer..
"I'm dying, I don't even know how many days I can survive"
replied Hairy man.
"I know, but I can be powerful once again all you have to do is drink the Eurith Water which has the power to make you powerful" Elvin added.
"Where are we gonna find it?  I'll go for it" I asked.
"Not just you alone", Grayora added.
"It's not easy to find, so I'm coming along with you"
said Elvin. A war is about to happen and we may not survive without the greatest wizard -The Hairy Man.

We decided to go after the Eurith water and hairy man gonna stay here with the dwarfs. Elvin Grayora  and me gets off to find the Eurith water Elvin knows where will we find it but it's quite hard to find it.
We reached  a forest far away from the greydoor cave. We heard voices of horses, I thought it was unicorns but they were centaurs.
they were angry, they came across us and one of them spoke
"How dare you to step in our era?" 
"We need to find Eurith water, we need for the-" I said and continued by Elvin in between.
" We need it for a friend" 
"Wizards should not come here Elvin.you know the law"
it was a relief that at least centaurs know who Elvin is.
"We need the water now"
said Elvin .
"We'll let you go but, its not simple to get the Eurith water"
"We'll do anything for it"
Grayora added.
Centaurs cleared our way and we continue to walk, 
I wanted to know why didn't Elvin let me to speak about hairy man in front centaurs.. I asked him
"All the creatures hates him because he killed the good lord (Erhan's brother).if you would've told him, we could've been hanged on these trees.
Erhan looks hurt when Elvin remind him about his brother. After a long walk we sat on a tree for some rest and I went for searching something to eat,
I got some fruits for us and Grayora came to me
"How do you know, that I'm here?"
"I can sense you by your fragrance" Grayora.
it makes me smile a bit.
And we three begin to walk again and we are so close to get Eurith water according to Elvin.
Once again we started hearing voices but this time it's not the centaurs but the roots, they came right from the ground and came towards us we began to run but those roots caught three of us and then we came to know why is it difficult to go for the Eurith. Big roots was strangling us, I thought it would be the right time to show the skills I took out a roundish orb which looks exactly like sun, took it out from.the coat and threw it in the air I conjured a spell on it and it got blast and it's parts get split across those big roots and that roots put three of us down and went back into the ground.
"How did you got one of the orb??" Asked Grayora
"Well I kept one in my pocket before leaving the book at home, thought this is the right time to use it" 
"You are a very good inventor" added Elvin

While having another walk ahead a stone came forth in our way we both tried to push it aside but nothing worked. Then it came to Elvin in his turn he closed his eyes it was like he was consuming his total attention on that stone and raised his hand and swinged them, swing it of his hands pushed the stone aside and we entered  a cave and we kept going inside the cave and we found that Eurith is in front of us.
Elvin takes out a bowl to collect the water but the water do not get in that bowl. "No! no! I don't want another mess here" uttered Grayora as she is fed up of everything happened in the forest.

It was a awkward moment for three of us. Suddenly  we heard a voice which shook the cave and goblins appeared all around us and attacked us. We began to counter them back. They found us and they want to kill us it was a bit shocking for me to see the goblins here because we are not in a place where we are culprits and escapees. We escort hairy man out of the prison and whole world still think he's a murderer.
We counter them back..
I tried to trick them by showing my extraordinary skill which astounded everybody.
I took their attention to me and they all were chasing me.Goblins are quite smart. 
In the cave, Elvin and Grayora were left to collect the Eurith and suddenly a soul came out of the water, and revealed a bowl and shed her tears drops in that bowl and ask Grayora and Elvin to drink it..
she said "If you have even a little of bad in yourself it will kill you and if not, you'll be alright and you can get the Eurith"
It gave a fright to both of them and they wanted to drink it but they were afraid about their life.

Smashing the goblins down I came back in a cave..listening about the bet of the Eurith I didn't thought about my life and picked the bowl and drunk her tears ..
Few seconds later my veins started flowing and I was on my knees and looking vulnerable..
Grayora held me and screaming my name Erhan! Erhan! Few moments later It was all okay and I was fine.
Elvin filled up his bowl with the Eurith and that soul spoke
"You shouldn't have a bit of bad in you, this elf and the girl thought few times to drink it, but you didn't thought for a second that's what makes you a clean wizard that's why you didn't die"
Soul vanished and we went back to the cave.

No sooner did Elvin takes out the Eurith than the goblins appeared again but this time they were not alone. A strange man with a black cloak and a hat on his head said, "Planning to kill me eh!"
I took my wand out and started to fight with him and Grayora and Elvin were fighting with the goblins.
Elvin kept the Eurith at the table which was being protected by few dwarves they were about to kill the hairy man. He falls from the bed and crawled to the Eurith. He took his wand out and smashed the goblins and drank the Eurith.
Eurith made him powerful again. A golden light surrounded him and for a moment we paused the fight to watch the hairy man and that light lifted the him up and placed him down slowly and he was much powerful again.
In between the fight hairy man smashed that strange man down
"You're the only one who is wrecking destruction who are you and why are you doing this? And did you send those goblins in that cave?" Hairy man uttered.
That strange man revealed his face it was an immense shock to hairy man after seeing that man's face that man and the hairy man knew each other earlier because he was none other than the guy who was his student and my brother's friend with whom the hairy man killed my brother.
"Baleth! You?" Why?" Said hairy man in shock. And Baleth expresses some emotions.
"When I came back to my home after killing Erhan's brother I saw my destroyed house and my child and wife's body which was on the floor, his brother killed and destroyed my world so now I want to destroy everyone's world no one will live in peace now, I'm gonna take everything from the wizards and i went to steal Erhan's book and i did, The first thing i used from his soul book was, An Abbacom.. so now i want to kill you first because you are the only one who can stop me old man" said Baleth like he has a thirst of blood. "Abbacom?, what's that" added Grayora.
i was afraid that now i gotta tell them the truth about Abbacom.
"Abbacom is one if my invention, i made it for a use in a war or a fight that worth using it, magical co-operation told me to restrained the invention of Abbacom, when i went for a permission to keep it,i made it illegally".
"what exactly it is" said elvin as all this is going out of his mind..."it is a Potion which can make you more powerful than you imagine" i said.
Grayora was the one who broke the silence "what is the rid of it?"
i hesitated while replying.
"i haven't invented any rid of it,but one thing is for sure..it can only get stop by the evil powers, nothing can stop it but it's own kind of power"
It hurts hairy man a lot, and it was unbelievable for the hairy man. No sooner did he turned around to hide his tears than Baleth spelled a killing curse on him and curse didn't affect him because I blocked that curse in between.
And I countered back and then he blocked it.

He stood up and flew a bit up high and he laughed like a devil and his eyes turned grey and he revealed my book- a soul book which was stolen.
And he revealed that he was the only one who stole it and destroyed my house. Elvin and I stood like a shield for the hairy man.
I took my book back from him and I saw ominous wand is missing which I invented to kill the enemies, no one can block the spell or curse which is spelled by ominous wand.. 
"Where's ominous wand?" I asked him frightfully and no sooner did I looked him in the eye than he spelled a curse on me all I saw was a white flash and fell down.
And Baleth disapparate from the cave..

It was silence for 6 seconds in the cave and they saw my closed eyes.
Grayora couldn't stop crying and screaming. It all ended up with my death. But it's not supposed to be the end not really , if I would've been alive it would be a start. 

Grayora sitting on a mountain she lives in a hut.
"We couldn't bring him back, I feel sorry for you my girl, I killed his brother and Erhan died for me, but I'll prove you that he didn't die in vain" said the hairy man and gone in Grayora's hut.
After a moment Grayora's expression gets changed like she can smell something she is familiar with. And her sad face changed into a smile and she started looking across the mountain with some excitement.

I think she smelled my fragrance again..
And suddenly a green light flashed from the sky and lands right in front of Grayora's eyes on a peak.
Green flash presented a human being whose presence made Grayora to smile again.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE THIS!!!
yours truly,
Sarah

Posted 5 Years Ago


Woah! Very fast paced, very interesting, I love fantasy and mythical stuff and I can't wait to read more! It's really interesting. There were a few grammatical mistakes, but the storyline fixed everything. Completely loved it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much for that
Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

I'm working on further stories....
Anjali

6 Years Ago

I would love to read them....
Though long, but it is interesting to read it.I did enjoy it.
Keep it up:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you..
it`s getting better and better

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Every character here have something to do..and Erhan no words about him....
I loved whole scenario you created here...I loved it..:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much surya
What fascinating imagery you have going on here. Even the names were well imagined - I literally felt like I was living in another time. Elvin the wizard - what a fascinating character he is. An orb in the pocket - even though it had a brief mention, it was really fascinating to think about. Personally I could never come up with these things, but you have such a great imagination.
I loved the fight scenes, the stange man with the cloak on was pretty cool.

I have to say - there were some brilliant images put into my mind because of this little gem of a story and I do hope you continue to do more.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Good to hear tha you will keep doing it. I not a fantasy writer myself BUT this world you have creat.. read more
Farhan Shaikh

7 Years Ago

Thank you once again..
Mark. It really motivated me to write further parts of the story..☺
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Thank is so good to hear. I am really, really pleased it has motivated you to push on and develop th.. read more
Every scene was beautifully described. I liked your idea where in order to get through the river they have to give up their precious things. Not only in fantasy story this happens but in our lives too where sometimes we sacrifice things in order to make situation better. This scene was truly creative and thoughtful. I liked the entire adventure and journey they go together. I liked the way you left readers in suspense and then revealed the happening.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

7 Years Ago

I am glad you liked it saher..your review means a lot to me
Wow. Such an adventure you got in here. This is what great scenes is all about. Non stop searching and fighting. Imaginations go around in your mind. Erhan is such an interesting character.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much..honestly your review means alot

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

590 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: Adventure, magic

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why we cry Why we cry

A Poem by Tabby Mac