Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

A Poem by Farhan Shaikh

Your struggles are
your reminder,
tomorrow will
be kinder.
in your darkest times,
you'll shine brighter.
you are your fate's designer,
your obstacles are like
a glider,
tomorrow will be
kinder.
you are the lonely
fighter,
no matter if you feel extinguished,
one day you'll be
shiner,
tomorrow will be
kinder.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

From a writer who struggles with mental illness, depression, anxiety, etc, this poem was the most powerful to read! My dad always tells me to take life "one day at a time," and reading this piece really related to that, I feel. I admire how empowering this simple message is, yet if one reads it everyday or at least keeps it in mind, it can speak volumes. This certainly brought a powerful smile to my face, thank you so much!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou, these words means a lot☺



Reviews

Wow, this is fascinating. Great work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much 😄
This is a lovely piece. I really love the opening line. Fantastic work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Kate☺
Hopefulness and confidence about the future or the success in a better life is a wonderfully fulfilling subject matter. Your beautifully poetic piece nicely frames this thought exquisitely . :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou for your kind words ☺
From a writer who struggles with mental illness, depression, anxiety, etc, this poem was the most powerful to read! My dad always tells me to take life "one day at a time," and reading this piece really related to that, I feel. I admire how empowering this simple message is, yet if one reads it everyday or at least keeps it in mind, it can speak volumes. This certainly brought a powerful smile to my face, thank you so much!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou, these words means a lot☺
I've read several of your poems and you write about subjects that people can relate to. Your thoughts and feelings come across well. I was wondering if English is your first language? It is complicated for native speakers. I would find it hell to learn as a second language. Some of the rhymes feel a bit forced. As in "one day you'll be shiner. Grammatically correct would be , "one day you will shine". I don't know if you wrote it the way you did, because it rhymes with kinder. Remember, words don't have to rhyme to be a poem. I hope you continue to write , as I think you have much to say that will enlighten and comfort people.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou so much, English isn't my first language😁
this poem is like about the light of hope. This is inspiring. I like it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Karisha☺
The wish for the all of us. Easier days and knowing some peace and calm. Nice flow of thoughts led to logical ending. Thank you Farhan for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your time..
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Great work on this one! Very motivational with great imagery. The only flaw is that "one day you'll be shiner" is an unnecessary repetition of "you'll shine brighter" (earlier in the poem), and furthermore, "shiner" aint the same as "shinier" (the latter being what you want). If you take that line out, it wouldn't hurt the poem any: "no matter if you feel extinguished/Tomorrow will be kinder". Simple as that. No need to repeat lines that need no repetition, for the most important repetition of this poem is "tomorrow will be kinder" and that repetition is superbly done! And what's more, you don't mar the musicality. Nice!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much 😊
This one motivated me and boast my hopes very nice

Posted 6 Years Ago


It's beautiful. The feeling of hope you are trying to express could be felt in the entire poem. And the metaphors or similes really packed a punch

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much lily

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

930 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 27, 2017
Last Updated on April 28, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Found Found

A Poem by MsJewel