Pending Goodbye..

Pending Goodbye..

A Story by Farhan Shaikh
"

Love of mother and daughter

"
Felicia was watching the stars while sitting on the roof alone in the dark night,
she was thinking about her mother, while looking at those bright stars,
she was wondering, if her mother became one of those stars after she disappeared.
she used to sit daily on the roof to enjoy the beautiful nights and that help her to dwell in the memories of her mother, Felicia loved her mother very much.
she used to weep daily in the memory of her mother, a memory which never existed, Felicia never saw her mother since her mother went to her last space trip.
felicia was 5 years old when her mother gone for forever, all she got from her mother is that withered flower, flower was almost dead, it was much like a dead sunflower.
her mother gave it as a gift to her, felicia never kept that flower away from herself.
few minutes later, felicia senses someone coming towards her from back.
"bed time felicia" a weak voice touched her ears. Grandma was too much old, she walks with the help of her walking stick.
"what was she like grandma? My mum!"
felicia said.
grandma sighs at first place. As she was old so she was not able to climb and cross the window to sit beside felicia.
"she was as beautiful as you, she was brave and she was invincible."
grandma said, she was never bored of chatting with her granddaughter.
"how does it feel, without your daughter grandma?"
Felicia's words brought tears in grandma's eyes, grandma looked up in the nighty sky with her glistening eyes..
"hopeless, but i got you, and you're so much like her" grandma uttered.
"no one knows how your mother and mu daughter disappeared! Not even space centre, she just disappeared with her team, they found no sign of them" grandma added with a deep sighs...
Felicia looked deep in her grandma's glistening eyes and grandma didn't wait any longer to hug her 16 years old granddaughter.
"sometimes it feels that she's alive and out there" felicia said in the arms of her grandma.
grandma took both of her hands on Felicia's shoulders looked at her with a cope.
"yeah! She's alive-in our hearts" grandma added.
"i have my goodbye pending to say her and she had it too"
felicia said.
grandma nodded her head, wiped her tears and while leaving Felicia's room granma considered those words of felicia as her mawkishness.
grandma turned towards her smiled a little and finally left the room.
felicia realized that she should go to sleep, it was 3.00 am.
before felicia goes to her she put that golden withered flower into a water bowl, in the hope that one day that flower will be alive once again..she turned around she saw a white light coming out from her window and that light was coming right towards her room..
That light did not take much time to get into the room.
felicia moved her right hand to touch it while in the left she was holding that golden withered flower, As soon as felicia touched that light, that light dragged her inside itself.
that light took her at a different place in less than a second, very quiet place, no noisy and now felicia could see nothing but a dark sky and she was standing on a white bright and white soil, she was surprised, she never saw a white bright soil on earth..
this scared her. She began to look across if she could find someone for help..
"hey honey"
a sweet virtual voice passed through her ears.
Felicia turned around and saw a woman, woman who was looking alike felicia, woman had same eyes, nose and lips as Felicia and she was none other than Felicia's mother.
"mum" Felicia uttered and her eyes was glistening with her tears, and her tears didn't fell on the land, her tears flew in the air by making itself a bubble.
"you're standing on a star dear" mother added.
that frightened felicia, because she was standing in space and still breathing on a star with any space suit.
"am i dead?".
"no, my daughter, you're very much alive" mother said.
"so is this a dream or real?" Felicia said as if she is dreaming or having a strong vision.
"this is much more than a dream, and a bit less than reality" mother said while smiling.
"you're really here, aren't you? to meet me!" Felicia said.
her mother smiled and slowly nodded her head up and down.
"i missed you mum, every day, every minute, every second i keep thinking about you". She slipped her sad reality without her mum to her mother that how much she missed her mother.
"i know, i missed you too dear, there wasn't a second i left you, i was always there" mother said.
"let me take you for a ride my daughter".
mother touched her daughter face and Felicia's face shown bit of blue light it was more like a shield.
and felicia was happy to have first ever ride with her mother.
both of them flew in the night sky and the first place she saw in space was a shine and bright place, it was just like an imagination of a child, one could barely hold on his eye sight towards it..and it was nothing but a planet made of diamond..felicia had another surprising reaction..
second thing her and mother passed by is the water, floating water in space. this time she wasn't surprised because she already heard about the floating water in space, but her excitement was flowing out. And further they saw
and stood near the light, which was similiar to the one which transported felicia here from earth.
"through this i came!"
"it is a warm hole dear, it will take the dragged one to a different place"
mother added.
"where will it take, exactly?" Felicia said.
"not here to meet me at least".both smiled.
"let me take you another mysterious place"mother said.
mother took felicia to see a dark hole which was dragging nearby stuff inside itself.
"this is a black hole, i always wanted to see this, luckily was chosen for the research mission of black hole"mother said.
"what happened next mum?"
"it took me away from you..black hole attracted me and my friends too much close to itself, and swallowed us in, things which black hole dragged inside never came back" mother said with her moist eyes.
Felicia hugged her mother slowly, and assure her how much she is loved even after she's gone.
"It's time for you to go! Grandma will be getting worried about you"
mother said with a smile.
"grandma missed you too, she says i am like you"
"very much, and i miss her too" mother said.
"when will i meet you again?" Felicia said in a sad expression.
"as i said i never left, and i will never leave you alone my daughter"
mother said.
a warm hole came in front of them and Felicia and her mother both of them said their pending goodbye to each other.
felicia came back to earth in less than a second, she saw her grandma crying..
"grandma!"
grandma heard felicia as soon as she saw felicia she ran and hugged her.
"i thought i lost you"
grandma said while crying.
"i will never leave you alone grandma!"
Felicia's words change her grandma's expression from crying into a smiley.

8 years later Felicia put her first step into a spaceship, for her first ever space trip.
it was a matter of pride for her grandma and herself.
"I'll make you proud mum, i promise" Felicia said her last words before taking off.
with a beautiful smile on her face she was off to walk on her mother's path..

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful story shared my friend. I liked the feel of family and strength in the words. Thank you Farhan for sharing the amazing story.

Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wow, This was breath taking. Beautiful work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much 😄
Beautiful!! I'm speechless reading this...'Felicia' - this name is so adorable...This story literally brought tears to my eyes...I read this one long ago but I forgot to review it...I loved this story..it was just beyond amazing ☺

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much sofia..
Sofia

6 Years Ago

My pleasure​!!😊
This is absolutely beautiful. I am actually emotionally broken inside! Good job, Farhan. Keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much hanu
Inspiring as it was but did bring tears to my eyes... Mothers are that part of life without which we cease to exist... Thank you for sharing...
It was a really good story...Keep it up..looking forward to more works...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much it means a lot
The story is quite promising. Keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Avinash
I like Felicia's innocence and how the story focuses on the love for her mother. Perfect for Mother's Day 😁. It somehow reminded me of The Space Between Us.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you lily, oh yeah Space between us is one my favorite..
Well, I have to say last lines added some tears to me...I really loved it Farhannn...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou so much surya
I really do like how the story goes. Despite the grammatical errors it is so nice to read. I like how you describe Felicia as a sweet little child with pure innocence. Well done with the characters. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much 😊
It was an amazing story, but you can make it better by improving its grammar and a few words, leaving that it I a great story with a great plot! I loved it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much shasha☺

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

621 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..