Bully

Bully

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

Walking down the corridor, he didn't dare to lift his head up? Why? 
What was that thing which didn't let him enjoy his High school? 
Voices in his mind didn't allow him to sink into slumber. So far in his life, it was his pillow who was always been friendly towards him. 
It was always his pillow, why it was not any human?
It was late at night until he reached his home.

"Where were you?", Ben's mom screeched as he opened the door. Ignoring her, he went upstairs to his room, locked himself inside, threw his bag on the bed, and rested on the floor, tears falling from his closed eyes. Next moment, he stood up and  locked himself inside. Feeling unworthy and thinking that he is good for nothing he took out a rope and placed the chair under the fan, in the center of the room. 
He climbed the chair, fixed the rope on the fan to hang himself and end his entire life story.

His High school days flashed before his eyes, how he was always a subject of ridicule. He couldn't forget the day he was locked in the loo for hours and the day when he was forced to drink Alcohol. He was the favourite game of most of the guys, known as "Beating Ben."

One thing that was unforgivable and unforgettable was when those guys made him stand naked on a mountain in the cold winds of winter. His patience was dead when entire school laughed at him.
He took a deep breath and surrounded his neck with the rope and kicked the chair.
 
Next moment, he opened his eyes and found himself lying still on the floor. He woke up it was morning already. It was the exact time to be off to school and to get bullied or be a game called "Beating Ben". He stood up and looked at his reflection on the mirror and noticed the anger on his face as if he is going to knock everybody down. His eyes were gleaming, he was thinking to punish the people who made him suffer. 

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bullying is not tolerated in any terms....You showed in it well here...I enjoyed it Farhan...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you Surya
I seriously don't have any words to say about this piece. You just left me speechless! I loved it so much! I know the feeling of bullying a little bit. It's hard, and you expressed It really well!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Anjali..I'm glad you like it
Farhaaaaaaan...complete it please.....i love this and then as i was reading i was like..''story hogya?"..

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

The end...thankyou wajiha..I'm glad you loved it
Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

hahaha....always a pleasured dear..
Nightmares when sleeping...This world, a nightmare itself for Ben. I strongly despise bullies. Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Correct..thankyou zoe
Zoya

6 Years Ago

my pleasure
Great message sent through this story. Loved it. Throwing light on such a serious thing is absolutely necessary. Thanx for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou for review
great story,i hope he went to school that morning and kicked the s**t out of him...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Yes he did..thankyou so much for ur time
You know, there is an old saying, "What goes around, comes back around," and "the same people you meet going up the hill, you meet coming back down the hill," This story is so sad and im glad that he didn't kill himself but something tells me that this bully or these bullies pushed him a little bit too far. I agree with Ethan's review, in that you could cut things out and i think u could add a little more description to make it more dramatic but it's still good the way it is...it kinda reminded me of a show called 13 Reasons Why which i say you should definitely watch (PG 15 and up tho). Anyways im rambling again. Good Job, could use a little bit of work but good job all the same :).

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Even i did, She was lovely...i love her character and Tony
Sira YR

6 Years Ago

Me too...but i hate bryce and marcus and courtney and tyler...and i feel bad for justin and jessica .. read more
Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Yeah me too, but it's sad about alex..i was like 'what?'
First of all, darn you for the cliffhanger! :D
Second of all, I really enjoyed reading this story as it left different messages for the audience and also at how a bully can turn another into a bully from bullying him...
Well done Farhan, keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Good job, the story itself is great. However, you seem to have a habit of using more sentences to convey meaning than necessary. For instance, "Pushing the door he entered. His mom welcomed him with a shout asking"Where were you?" Ignoring his mom, he went upstairs, threw his bag on the bed and rested on the floor, his closed eyes dropped a tear. Next moment, he stood up and locked himself inside." You could write this in two sentences as opposed to four.
"'Where were you?', Ben's mom screeched as he opened the door. Ignoring her, he went upstairs to his room, locked himself inside, threw his bag on the bed, and rested on the floor, tears falling from his closed eyes."
Now granted, it's lengthy, but you could cut things to make it work. Try not to be obvious when you reveal things to the reader. Other than that, this is a great story, and I enjoyed it a lot.Great job! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou ethan for hel and review..i will take care of it in my upcoming works
Very intense, and how you left it hanging once he came to terms with what he would do, and the only thing left was a plan to seek revenge upon those that had caused this anger and hurt.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Yep...thanks so much for your time

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

661 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 12, 2017
Tags: bully

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya