All i needed.

All i needed.

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

All I needed was your attention, to hold your hand and walk through the college door.
I wanted your love but you gave it to a man luckier than I.


All I wanted was to look in your eyes and move closer to you, like you did yesterday with him. But all I got was your smile. I needed you to come towards me.
Did you ever hear my heartbeat ? It always races when I see you.

It was lovely to hear your voice, but terribly hard when you spoke to him. You didn't even wish me a goodbye.
All I needed were your words. I wanted your voice all to myself. He may never love you the way I do.
When I passed through by your window yesterday, all I wanted was for you to look out and wave at me.
All I needed was to be with you and make you my wife. I wanted to keep you in my arms until the end of time.

I wanted you to stay away from him. I tried to attract you towards me, but I was acting like someone I'm not. Every night killed me. I could not wait until morning to see you again in the hope that someday your footsteps would lead you to me rather than to him.
All I needed is that look of yours. That smile could've made my day.
You gave these to him. Maybe he loved you, but no one could love you as much as I did.
My friends told me to forget you, but moving on would be an insult to our love.

I wanted you and I to become us, but you never gave the chance.
All I needed was for you to be with me, and the day I heard you fighting with him, my jealousy turned to happiness.
The other day, I smiled at you and you smiled back. All I need is you to come to me. I saw your feet taking you towards me, and since then I haven't let you go.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story had so much emotion. I could feel the anger, jealousy, longing, desperation, and happiness...Keep up the good work, and keep on writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Accalia
Isn't it some kind of one sided love... and hope it will become two sided... i found me in him, in past I was like this boy but I moved on and when he came back it was long gone time... i love his determination towards that girl...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Owhhh...sad to hear..thankyou for the review
Sometimes its hard to move on....and sometimes all seems a cluster of booms....time decides.....I enjoyed it...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Yep, i am glad you enjoyed
So you've seen 13 reasons why... that show made me depressed :/
Your story brought me into tears and it was amazing... it kept on reminding me of Hannah :(
So many emotions and feelings brought into this masterpiece...
Well done Farhan, keep it up! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

You're right Shaan, that depressed me too..and i am glad that you enjoyed
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem Farhan! :)
it`s hard to say goodbye to the one u love

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

It's too hard Mr.Wordman.
Thanks for the time
Grammar corrections/optional edits:

All I needed was your attention, to hold your hand and walk through the college door.
I wanted your love but you gave it to a man luckier than I.
All I wanted was to look in your eyes and move closer to you, like you did yesterday with him. But all I got was your smile. I needed you to come towards me.
Did you ever hear my heartbeat ? It always races when I see you. It was lovely to hear your voice, but terribly hard when you spoke to him. You didn't even wish me a goodbye.

All I needed were your words. I wanted your voice all to myself. He may never love you the way I do.
When I passed through by your window yesterday, all I wanted was for you to look out and wave at me.

All I needed was to be with you and make you my wife. I wanted to keep you in my arms until the end of time.
I wanted you to stay away from him. I tried to attract you towards me, but I was acting like someone I'm not. Every night killed me. I could not wait until morning to see you again in the hope that someday your footsteps would lead you to me rather than to him.

All I needed is that look of yours. That smile could've made my day.
You gave these to him. Maybe he loved you, but no one could love you as much as I did.
My friends told me to forget you, but moving on would be an insult to our love. I wanted you and I to become us, but you never gave the chance.
All I needed was for you to be with me, and the day I heard you fighting with him, my jealousy turned to happiness.
The other day, I smiled at you and you smiled back. All I need is you to come to me. I saw your feet taking you towards me, and since then I haven't let you go.

Comments:

Okay, so this may be a little lengthy. Bear with me. Also, these are just my opinions on your work, not you as a person. Unless, of course, this is a true story because I'm going to critique the narrator later on. Don't take anything personally.

Okay, first, I am going to explain a bit of the editing I did above. In general, I clipped sentences and phrases that were unnecessary, fixed odd syntax, and tried to clear up some word choice. For instance, I cut "handsome hunk." It's cliche and honestly, a little creepy. I also made your punctuation and capitalization consistent.

So, on to the narrator. I found it extremely hard to identify with him, especially considering this is a piece that lives or dies on the reader's emotional reaction. Now, this premise is something many people can relate to. Everyone's fallen in love with someone who doesn't love them back. However, if you really love someone, you want to see them happy. In general, the narrator seems selfish. Things like, "i wanted your voice to be only for me and not for your handsome hunk. He may never love you the way I do," seem harshly judgmental. No one could know how much he loved her, and I think to call it into question, specially in the middle of a relationship, is wrong. Most people in this situation find a conflict inside themselves, such as, "She makes me so happy, but she's not as happy with me. I want to be happy, but a the same time, I can't bear to see her not get the happiness she deserves." However, the narrator's conflict is between himself and the woman. No one should want to force someone else into loving them. Now, you may say, "it all turned out okay in the end." I don't think this even matters. If the girl had not loved him at the end, it sounds like the narrator would have lead a jealous and hate-filled life. Why would a woman, let alone a reader, fall in love with a character like that?

All in all, you still have some redeeming qualities in this piece. It flowed well and kept its message clear. However, I could not get past the attitude of the narrator as I was reading. Thanks for the read request, and I look forward to reading more of your work in the future. Cheers!



Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

I appreciate Ethan thanks for a constructive review..cheers☺
Ethan

6 Years Ago

No problem
this is a beautiful storyline, but i feel like it could be more put together. i just started reading requests again and i want to be straight forward with how i feel if i am going to review something. this piece is good, but it gets kind of confusing. it's on wether they're going to end up together or not, which is a great twist but it confuses the reader a bit. i also suggest to not say "your guy" because it does not fit right. of course, it's your choice as it is your writing:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

I'll look into it...thank you xoxo
Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

But i mentioned in the last line, it shall clear the confusion..
"moving on will be an insult to our love."
it's the song of every turned down lover's heart.
this untold melancholy is beautifully phrased. when words fail you, your pen becomes your perfect companion.

keep it up!
and i wanna read more of this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Kind words always motivated me to write more, thankyou
the ending is beautiful......the title attracted me to the story and i went on reading...beautiful work farhan..i wnna read more.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

You will read more..thankyou wajiha☺
nice one. Emotionally romantic . keep writing

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou man☺ and i will

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

674 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye... Goodbye...

A Poem by Zephyr


1985 1985

A Poem by Stacy Purvis


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya