All i needed.

All i needed.

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

All I needed was your attention, to hold your hand and walk through the college door.
I wanted your love but you gave it to a man luckier than I.


All I wanted was to look in your eyes and move closer to you, like you did yesterday with him. But all I got was your smile. I needed you to come towards me.
Did you ever hear my heartbeat ? It always races when I see you.

It was lovely to hear your voice, but terribly hard when you spoke to him. You didn't even wish me a goodbye.
All I needed were your words. I wanted your voice all to myself. He may never love you the way I do.
When I passed through by your window yesterday, all I wanted was for you to look out and wave at me.
All I needed was to be with you and make you my wife. I wanted to keep you in my arms until the end of time.

I wanted you to stay away from him. I tried to attract you towards me, but I was acting like someone I'm not. Every night killed me. I could not wait until morning to see you again in the hope that someday your footsteps would lead you to me rather than to him.
All I needed is that look of yours. That smile could've made my day.
You gave these to him. Maybe he loved you, but no one could love you as much as I did.
My friends told me to forget you, but moving on would be an insult to our love.

I wanted you and I to become us, but you never gave the chance.
All I needed was for you to be with me, and the day I heard you fighting with him, my jealousy turned to happiness.
The other day, I smiled at you and you smiled back. All I need is you to come to me. I saw your feet taking you towards me, and since then I haven't let you go.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful poem for love and hope. I enjoyed the flow of thoughts leading to proper ending. Thank you Farhan for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou Buddy☺ actually it's a story😁
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
This is a beautiful piece, and so powerful too! All I suggest is capitalising the 'i's. That'll correct the grammar.

Love,
Vasilees.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou so much, I'll make it for sure
This is a tale of love and suppressed feelings. When you love someone truly you want to see them happy with whoever they are, it is hard to do so at the same time it pricks you that you are not the reason behind their happiness. Very well written. I liked how you have correctly mentioned every detail what one goes through.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

I am really glad to know that you liked it

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

673 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Kismet Kismet

A Poem by Stacy Purvis