Midnight Walk

Midnight Walk

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

I was lost and frustrated and felt I'm not worthy to be alive. There were things which made me depressed, life dragged me down, my spirit went weak and there wasn't anyone to aid me. No one was there to rescue me, no one believed me, neither did I. 
I wanted someone to listen to me and I wanted someone to share my pain with.But I was alone stranded on a corner. I was not in the place where I wanted to be, I wanted to be such a person who can make someone smile, but I became an object of ridicule.

I felt like, I should hang myself. I could've been a best friend,a good son,a better partner, but all I got was hatred. They said 'I was a freak', but they never realised that they were the reason I became such. They said, I was unworthy of everything, they said, I was bad, but they made me a better person. Those desires to be there for everyone remained only in my imagination.
At the same night, I felt weird as if nothing is good for me, it was 12.15 am and I was lying on my bed but I couldn't sleep, tired from my life more than ever, I jumped on my feet and pulled the door.
 'Where are you going? It's midnight', Mom screeched.
 'I'll be back soon', I lied and was off for my first midnight walk.

 It was dark out there, most of the shops were closed and dogs on the street barked while I walked. There was no vehicle to be seen. I withdrew earplugs from my pocket and turned on the song which I could relate to, music was reverberating in my ears and also in my mind and I continued my walk. 
After a long time, I felt better and relieved. It was like I moved to a different planet, my own planet. For the next two hours, neither my feet stopped nor the music in my head and finally, I went back home. Music became an escapism for me. 

No doubt that my folks scolded me a lot but I wondered about my midnight walk, which gave me something to feel good for that two hours. My frustration and depression were gone and I knew that, with the rise of the brightest star, my darkness will be back, so it happened. 
I waited the entire day for clock to strike 12:00 and silently I moved out with my earplugs on the black street which waited for my arrival. Another two hours, I spent were lovely. 
Midnight walk was working as a healing power, and I headed towards home bidding goodbye to the dark night which was actually the brightest for me. 

I  was back home. I jumped on my bed and there was pen and a book dumped on my bed. 'Maybe my sister must've forgotten to pack it in her school bag', I thought. I didn't pack it for her. Instead, I began to write, that was the very first time I wrote something about myself. Two days ago, I was lost and depressed guy who hated his life but now, I was not less than a character.
 Few months later, people started reviewing my works and I was very happy with it, on that day I realised that, this is the place where I needed to be. I was at right place, I am on right path now. Others, who did not treat me well were killed in my story characters. 
Life was always fair to me, it was only me who was on the wrong path. Life is always fair for those who are fair to life.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vic
Good story. The sentences that ran on felt intentional, so that they flowed into the next idea. If you are planning on running some edits through it, I'd start by making sure your tenses are consistent. In the first sentence you start past tense, "was lost ... felt" but "I'm" is present tense. I should be "I was". Also, look into the difference between "which" and "that" because there were a few times you used "which" when you should have used that.

Overall, good origin story!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Oh my god. This is so well written! You wrote story that is so real and truly reflected your own life story. AMAZING JOB, my man!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


those mindnight walks saved not only you ....
never stop seeiking for light.
weird I say unique in the way you put words together.
another great work of yours.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks for always putting a positive comments, that motivates me to do better
It is our inner self that accounts for our happiness. Once we find the light that sparks this no one's words or actions can defy the flame. The hardest part is to start the fire. To find we are special and worth this opportunity. I am glad you wrote this. Maybe someone will find there own light from their current darkness because of your words. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I just simply like it. I like the clarity of the words and the silence beneath it. It makes the story more to believe into. There was a glimpse of hope in the last part which I like the most. I want to say that It might not have been because of the midnight walk. I just felt like it started somehow through the notebook that was left behind. Like the idea though. ;)

Sincerely,
CAPOLAVORO

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thankyou so much
Sometimes a midnight walk is all we need, reminded me of when I used to take them every now and then.

This was a good read, your thoughts and your words were perfect.

Thanks for sharing buddy :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks for reading it buddy😉
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your welcome Farhan, Keep em comin' :)
Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Sure 😄....
I like the premise but there a few grammatical errors that make the flow difficult to the reader .

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

I Will definitely look into it... thanks
this is a great story,midnight walk caught my eye
sounded serene

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks Mr.wordman
A Midnight walk. A quiet but silent walk. Peaceful but yet suspenseful. Spooky and mystifying. This is a story well worth the read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much Joanna
Your story conveys what I believe and that is that no one else can rescue you. Only you can do a meaningful healing to your heart and spirit. Thoughts and opinions of others CAN be icing on your cake, but the basic batter has to be all yours. How and what you think of yourself matters! It's just as important to be fair to yourself as you are to others. thanks for sharing your story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your time 😄

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

583 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2017
Last Updated on August 3, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Honey Honey

A Poem by z.chéri