Midnight Walk

Midnight Walk

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

I was lost and frustrated and felt I'm not worthy to be alive. There were things which made me depressed, life dragged me down, my spirit went weak and there wasn't anyone to aid me. No one was there to rescue me, no one believed me, neither did I. 
I wanted someone to listen to me and I wanted someone to share my pain with.But I was alone stranded on a corner. I was not in the place where I wanted to be, I wanted to be such a person who can make someone smile, but I became an object of ridicule.

I felt like, I should hang myself. I could've been a best friend,a good son,a better partner, but all I got was hatred. They said 'I was a freak', but they never realised that they were the reason I became such. They said, I was unworthy of everything, they said, I was bad, but they made me a better person. Those desires to be there for everyone remained only in my imagination.
At the same night, I felt weird as if nothing is good for me, it was 12.15 am and I was lying on my bed but I couldn't sleep, tired from my life more than ever, I jumped on my feet and pulled the door.
 'Where are you going? It's midnight', Mom screeched.
 'I'll be back soon', I lied and was off for my first midnight walk.

 It was dark out there, most of the shops were closed and dogs on the street barked while I walked. There was no vehicle to be seen. I withdrew earplugs from my pocket and turned on the song which I could relate to, music was reverberating in my ears and also in my mind and I continued my walk. 
After a long time, I felt better and relieved. It was like I moved to a different planet, my own planet. For the next two hours, neither my feet stopped nor the music in my head and finally, I went back home. Music became an escapism for me. 

No doubt that my folks scolded me a lot but I wondered about my midnight walk, which gave me something to feel good for that two hours. My frustration and depression were gone and I knew that, with the rise of the brightest star, my darkness will be back, so it happened. 
I waited the entire day for clock to strike 12:00 and silently I moved out with my earplugs on the black street which waited for my arrival. Another two hours, I spent were lovely. 
Midnight walk was working as a healing power, and I headed towards home bidding goodbye to the dark night which was actually the brightest for me. 

I  was back home. I jumped on my bed and there was pen and a book dumped on my bed. 'Maybe my sister must've forgotten to pack it in her school bag', I thought. I didn't pack it for her. Instead, I began to write, that was the very first time I wrote something about myself. Two days ago, I was lost and depressed guy who hated his life but now, I was not less than a character.
 Few months later, people started reviewing my works and I was very happy with it, on that day I realised that, this is the place where I needed to be. I was at right place, I am on right path now. Others, who did not treat me well were killed in my story characters. 
Life was always fair to me, it was only me who was on the wrong path. Life is always fair for those who are fair to life.

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a beautiful story. I could not agree with the closing line. The brevity and the overall idea behind the story is a commendable. Looking forward to more of such works, Farhan.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much Fehmida...I know each experience different..
This was really well written and I felt compelled to read it through. I feel that it came from the heart (though I maybe wrong) But the message you put out there was easy to see. It was smartly written and not once did I find myself going back over sentences - that's a good thing by the way. There were some sentences which really packed quite a punch, impressing me which the messages which they portrayed. It flowed nicely and was a good and meaningful read. With this piece, it shows that your writing is coming along in leaps and bounds - keep it up.

Mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Mark...and good to see your review... kind words 😆
matrixmark

6 Years Ago

Not a problem. Sorry I take my time in getting round to your work - time is still a struggle for me... read more
Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

It's okay buddy 😉
I liked this! Kill those haters with plot and prose!
Most of us writers do so to exorcise the demons of society, parental mistakes/upbringing, and social shaming. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank-you Carol
What goes around comes back around - that's for sure Farhan.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Yess Tony you're right...thanks for stopping by
The hope shines through your words. The message is exceedingly beautiful, and so is the writing. Keep it up!

Love,
Vasilees.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank-you so much 😄
This is an amazing work Farhan!
I loved the message it gave and the hope it held.
Also your writing style has become more refined and elegant.
Thanks for sharing this!



Posted 6 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Means a lot neetha thank-you
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

You are welcome..
I loved this piece the most, among the write of yours....and the last life is a moral, for me...
Great work of yours, really appreciating write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Priyanshi
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

Mypleassure.
this is brilliant....i loved loved loved it.....this piece literally attracted me to it....keep it up Farhan...wonderfully done.
keep it up.
as i was reading i was imagining the whole story...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much Wajiha...this means a lot
Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

pleasure always......
Oh yes, the dark days, for some, do provide the best of motivation. Well worded.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much zoe
Zoya

6 Years Ago

No problem
Amazingly amazing!!!!
Keep Writing

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank-you Jiya

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

583 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2017
Last Updated on August 3, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Broken Teeth Broken Teeth

A Poem by BBP