Old woman

Old woman

A Story by Farhan Shaikh

In the evening, I was standing at the corner of a street with my friend talking about the things we deserve and need desperately in our life. It was difficult to listen to him with the noises of vehicles reverberating.
 The next moment, a hand touched my shoulder and I turned back to see. I saw an old woman, she was smiling at me holding a walking stick clutched in her wrinkled hands. 

'Can you help me in crossing the road? I want to go the other side", she kindly asked me breaking the fluency of tone in a low voice.
'Sure', I replied. 
I held her left hand and my friend was walking on her right side. It took several minutes to cross the road. 
'Take me to that bench', she said pointing her finger towards a bench in the corner .
'Where exactly do you want to go?' I asked her.
'Just take me there', she replied.

I took her at the bench and she sat. My friend and I were not moving as we wanted to help her in getting back to home.
'I have no one, I'm alone as all four of my children are dead. I just keep wandering and if someone offer me food I eat, but I don't request for food', she said with a smile on her face.
'I live there all alone', she pointed at a small building.
Just few minutes go, my friend and I were talking about the needs in our life, all that thoughts vanished after hearing that woman's words.

Both of us checked our pockets but we didn't have any money to offer her something to eat. We felt very bad for the old lady as we couldn't help her. 
She blessed both of us but we didn't do anything for her, I hope we find her again and be able to help her in any way possible. .

© 2017 Farhan Shaikh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

We are tested often. When we show concern for another. We did some good. I enjoyed the story and I liked the ending. She gave you a blessing. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your precious time 😄
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
A very well made story. Time and effort must have been put very deep into each part of the story as it was written. I like it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much 😄
So real, so short and so precise. Loved it!

Love,
Vasilees.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you 😄
You depicted the reality. A short but very well written
Keep on writing.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you and I will for sure
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

my pleasure
If this is real.. would there be not an agency that could take care of her in your area? Like a non government or a government institution that would take care of them?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

No! There's nothing in my area yet..but I hope there will be
A realistic, emotional and beautiful write...
I was really touched reading this, and could relate to this in many ways!
Well done, keep it up Farhan :))

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much shaan
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem :))
It's really very touching to hear about the plight of our fellow human beings.
May god bless her.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Thank you jiya
Thats the normal thing nowadays...
Decaying humanity

Posted 6 Years Ago


well you had good intentions,the world is full of these people

Posted 6 Years Ago


I am shocked to know that this was a true story, may Allah bless her and provide her basic needs and bless you and your friend also for helping her. Aamen.
This story is inspiring, a message to every one of us to wake up the remaining humanity in us. This story is to the point and I liked that you didn't add any fictitious narration to make it longer beacuse of it this story remained original and effective.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Farhan Shaikh

6 Years Ago

Aameen...glad that you liked it 😄

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1507 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on August 15, 2017

Author

Farhan Shaikh
Farhan Shaikh

Mumbai, India



About
20..College student.. Earthling. Follow me on Instagram @farhanshyk02 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya