Raindrops

Raindrops

A Story by Farrah
"

Short journal

"

I silently watched the raindrops fall and I imagined what would it feel like to fall smoothly into where I belong. It is a very ticklish and amusing feeling yet very new . To be in place, in time, and with people   would make a good definition for an existing life. I examined a raindrop fall . It was beautiful. It was powerful. I drifted and so did my imagination. I imagined those raindrops as people falling and falling with their stories invisibly attached on them. They would go  places and no matter where they land, their stories would always lag behind them. I wondered what story that each raindrop carried and I wondered too if those stories are happy ones or stories that are painfully sad.


I have always thought my own burden was heavy, I probably never thought and looked at the other raindrops. But when I did , I saw something  I never saw before simply because I had never looked . I saw them struggling to fall. Shocked and open-mouthed, I looked at myself, shocked again , I saw myself mid air falling behind already.

© 2016 Farrah


Author's Note

Farrah
Feedback is always welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a deep writing. Every person has some story attached to him/her and each one thinks that his is the most painful, burdened one. Being compassionate with one another, that's what is most needed.
Really liked the piece, Farrah!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farrah

6 Years Ago

Thank you Noor! I am glad that you enjoyed it.
I liked this piece. it was short to the point and nicely worded. I loved all the imagery and feelings that you captured here.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Farrah

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
A lovely bit of prose. You've captured the description of the human race very well. There are many 'raindrops' in a storm, we are each just one. Good write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farrah

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it! :-)
Very unique idea Farrah. I like it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farrah

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
1VJ
Poetical personification of rain, the petrichor is wafting from your delightful manifestations! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farrah

7 Years Ago

Thank you greatly for taking the time to review my writing!
Btw- I love your comment and esp.. read more
1VJ

7 Years Ago

You're sweet. :) The pleasure was mine!
Oh my God! It was powerful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farrah

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your encourage words! :-) You really made my day!!!
What a great writing exercise, your concept is creative and your descriptions inspire strong imagery. It is work's like this that sharpen a writer's skills and opens the way to publication. I enjoyed reading it Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Farrah

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kindness Bear! You, through your reviews, encouraged me to write more! :-.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2016
Last Updated on September 8, 2016

Author

Farrah
Farrah

Writing
Like a Car Like a Car

A Poem by Farrah


The Lost The Lost

A Poem by Farrah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The River The River

A Poem by Zephyr


it floats it floats

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson