The Wind on the Morrow

The Wind on the Morrow

A Story by Fiery She-Beast
"

Maxine had made a deal, nobody knows where she came from, what she is, or what she does, but her deal is about to be broken...

"

MAXINE LIFTED HER HEAD and let the wind toy with her hair. She only visited The Marrow once a year, so this was special. The sun was starting to go down, time was ticking. Maxine sighed and pulled her hood over her head, not minding that it was the peak of summer. 

She zipped up her jacket and ran down off the butte in the clearing. She made sure that her hair was carefully tucked into her hood, she would allow nobody see her doing this. 

The forest floor was dry and cracked, the drought had soaked up just about every drop of water in Marklysville. Maxine didn’t mind though, she kept along with her chore, because of coarse she must do this chore. She made a deal.

She followed a path deeper into the woods, it was lined with little opal stones. When she reached the end of the path, she stopped. Birds chirped. Raccoons rustled within the brush. Evening mosquitos buzzed. But she needed a certain subject, just right for the chore.

She heard heavy footsteps coming her way. She tightended her hood and dove into a nearby sassafrass bush. The footsteps got closer. Closer. Closer. Until finally she could see a pair of bright red converse hightops standing right infront of her bush. Maxine braced herself for the chore. Then smiled. The winds would be happy with her, wouldn’t they. 

She crept closer to the shoes and raised her hand. In that hand held a shiny bronze knife, no longer than 6 inches long. Her fingers were sweating on the leather handle of it. Which was odd becasue she had done the chore many times before.  Then, SHINKSH!! Maxine stabbed her knife into the walker’s foot. She cried out in pain.

Maxine pushed deeper into the bushes. Waiting for the winds to claim their next soul. She peaked out from the sassafrass.

The girl was screaming and yanking at the knife, when suddenly whispers filled the air.

“Let me go! Let me go! Ahhh!” she struggled at the knife, tearing at her bleeding flesh. The wind picked up, and girl girl started to rise into the air, held down by only her foot. She was paralyzed. He arms stretched out to her side and her hair whipping around her face, with an assortment of leaves in a tiny tornado surronding her.

Maxine felt terrible now, how could she have been doing this for six million years and not have felt bad at all?

She leaped from the bushes and started yelling.

“Winds! Winds! Let her go! Do it! Now! Winds!!!” she strated crying, and rushed over to the girl in the air. Maxine grabbed her foot just as the girl’s fingertips her flying away like ashes in the wind. Maxine yanked her down and held her there. She tore the knife from her foot and applied instant pressure to it.

“Please be okay, please be okay,” Maxine pleaded.

The girl opened her eyes slowly, and focused on Maxine.

“Uhhh...wha? Uhh..” she muttered as she lifted herself up.

“Hey, are you, um, okay?”

“MAXINE,” the girl’s eyes went clear, like little balls of air swirling in her sockets.

“WHA?!” Maxine screamed and fell backwards.

The girl stated to levitate, that same tornado of leaves forming around her.

“YOU HAVE FAILED. US THE WINDS HAVE SENSED YOUR GUILT LATELY, AND DECIDED TO TEST YOUR STRENGTH. YOU ARE WEAK MAXINE, TOO WEAK, YOUR EMORTALITY IS GONE. YOUR SOUL IS OURS AGAIN. YOU MUST WAIT ANOTHER MILENIA TO HAVE YOUR CHANCE. SAY GOODBYE TO THE HUMAN WORLD AND GOODBYE TO YOUR YEARLY FEEDINGS,” the wind said.

Maxine tried to run, but was pulled back by the wind grasping at her ankles. She slowly levitated into the air, face to face with the wind girl.

“THE MARROW IS GONE TO YOU, FOR NOW YOU MUST BE FED BY THE WINDS THAT DESERVE TO LIVE IN THIS PATHETIC WORLD.”

Maxine slowly chipped into ashes, and has blown away by the winds, leaving nothing my a bronze knife, no more than six inches long, on the cracked forest floor.

© 2012 Fiery She-Beast


Author's Note

Fiery She-Beast
Hey, another scary story! I wrote this one pretty quickly, just for fun. I kinda made up the plot as I went along in a "Yeah! that fits with that!" kinda way. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 28, 2012
Last Updated on August 28, 2012
Tags: wind, scary story, scary, creepy

Author

Fiery She-Beast
Fiery She-Beast

About
I am a young writer (11 to be exact) I love to write scary stories. I write daily and love to read them aloud. more..

Writing