Face her

Face her

A Poem by Fin Buckley
"

So please stand back up, you have to keep going.

"

This is probably the best drawing I’ve done of you; holding up the dirt with more strength than anything you’ve ever held, grinning ear to ear. I thought about that moment, how I had no explanation for our relationship, nor the relationship between us and our destination -- the destruction we’ll inevitably meet empty handed -- but I realized a good way to teach someone a lesson is to be that lesson.


And the reason is that a solution will never fall out of the sky onto your lap, but honestly that’s for the best because you would never be able to stand up to her on your own if it did. You have to be strong enough to face her, and I have to be strong enough to know that I can’t do it for you.


Though truthfully, I’d be lying if I said the best of a person didn’t exist in the face of their own defeat.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


Author's Note

Fin Buckley
Another predictive text piece that I tweaked. I really like these.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on May 20, 2017
Last Updated on May 20, 2017
Tags: poetry, poem

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley