Fish tank

Fish tank

A Poem by Fin Buckley
"

"It's frigid and dark and not unlike a fish tank; the water slimy and thick against our skin."

"

A deep green, like algae, is spread over the top of a pool, obscuring something undisturbed beneath the surface. You dive in, searching. I dive in, searching. Not for the secret, but for you.


The water’s dark and dense like the night air, though there are no fireflies or stars to guide me. My fingers slide in between kelp-like tendrils, and I am suddenly unsure which way is up and which is down.


I lost you, you lost it. 

We both lost. 

We both search. 

I chase, you wander.


There are no trees to hide behind here. It’s frigid and dark and not unlike a fish tank; the water slimy and thick against our skin. It’s foolish and naive of us to be here. I need air and you need answers, we go our separate ways.


Strange enough, you break the film cast over the surface and I don’t. 


I found your answers, but you’re going to need help finding me.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok this I like. Unconventional but really descriptive and coherent above all. The line I need air you need answers stuck out and the underwater imagery was just great.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 21, 2017
Last Updated on May 21, 2017
Tags: prose, ?

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley