Nature

Nature

A Poem by Fin Buckley
"

They will always accept those who come, even when they shouldn't.

"

An empty cab, the passenger door wide open, insides waterlogged and cold. A building that’s crumpled in on itself, cracked walls repaired with vines and weeds. A sunken ship that views the sun’s heavenly light from inside a blue mouth, but will never feel the warmth of its touch.


All inhabited by man.

All abandoned by man.


Nature is the one who cares for these forgotten things, taking in the lost and weary creations of man. The environment accepts them with open arms, flooding and infiltrating the unnatural designs of innovation, of progress. They reclaim the base instruments that were derived from them, and the earth may not be able to restore these objects to their original form, but they can craft beauty over it.


For nature is the ever-moving hand shaped out of tree branches, fingernails made of acorn shells and hair of maple seeds. Nature is the smile formed out of waves as they hit the sun kissed skin of the sandy beach; consuming broken bottles and plastic bags to give them a better home.


Pollution does not deserve a home within nature -- turning their blood into a concoction of chemicals and grime, contorting their body into a soot-covered monster, but these things find a way into nature’s embrace anyway, and nature has never been one to refuse.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Deeply moving. Such a powerful statement about Nature's vulnerability to man's relentless, thoughtless, plundering predation. Vivid, creative imagery that is unforgettable, "A sunken ship that views the sun's heavenly light from inside a blue mouth." Nature reclaims but in doing so incorporates pollution "these things find themselves into nature's embrace anyway". Beautiful writing on a sad subject.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Deeply moving. Such a powerful statement about Nature's vulnerability to man's relentless, thoughtless, plundering predation. Vivid, creative imagery that is unforgettable, "A sunken ship that views the sun's heavenly light from inside a blue mouth." Nature reclaims but in doing so incorporates pollution "these things find themselves into nature's embrace anyway". Beautiful writing on a sad subject.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: poetry, poem

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley