It's okay

It's okay

A Story by Fin Buckley
"

They love you regardless.

"

You stand there, at the edge of the cliff, overlooking the ocean. The daisy field ends behind you, a trail carved through them like a river carves through the earth; recklessly but with love. No specific shape in mind, merely a path created through timeless wander, the slow acceptance of plants beneath your feet. It’s okay, they love you regardless.


Peering down, you watch the waves crash against the shore, the sea foam bubbling across the water. Small hands reach past the surface for a taste of the sun, they only know the cliffside’s shadow here. Beckoned back beneath the ocean, they will rise anew somewhere brighter. It’s okay, they love you regardless.


Your eyes brush the sky, swollen clouds crawling across the purple-red horizon. Somber bodies wish to rid themselves of pain, to descend back into the embrace of the earth.  It is a noble desire. Onward they move, the hollow warmth of the sun allowing them to swell until bursting. It’s okay, they love you regardless.


Her footsteps are as silent as they always are. A deft hand touches the wings spread out at your back, silvered with hints of the sunset imposed upon. “It is a beautiful thing,” she says, caressing your feathers. “The way the world aches in harmony.” You have no words with which to reply. The hand moves to the middle of your back, where your wings meet beneath the skin. It is her favorite part of you; she can feel the muscles move, the rhythm of your heart, the expansion and contraction of your lungs. The very center of everything. She nudges you forward, and you fall willingly.


It’s okay, she loves you regardless.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on August 4, 2017
Last Updated on August 4, 2017
Tags: words, poetry, ?, story

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley