As My Mask Shatters

As My Mask Shatters

A Poem by FireFox9
"

The Poem that reflects my life to the best of my ability. Until I got support from friends I never thought of posting this. Ever.

"
Friends surround me when I'm alone
Speaking soothing words in a soft, kind tone
As my mask begins to break
I try to hide for other's sake
And as my tears begin to flow
I now know where I must go
To free myself from this facade
I find my friends always lending me aid
So as I reveal myself to the world
A bright, true smile starts to unfurl

© 2014 FireFox9


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Only real thing to point out, is that aid doesn't even come close to facade. Cascade may rhyme with aid, but Facade rhymes more with words like 'odd' and 'cod'. Other than that, the meaning here is solid; if not one that I can particularly relate to. The meter between paired lines is starting to get more consistent, which is a good thing, although a little tweaking could help.

Posted 9 Years Ago


FireFox9

9 Years Ago

Thanks and this was one of my first few poems. Fox-
Friends are amazing beings who will always accept you. Even fake friends can make you smile at least for a while. What you have are awesome people. Nice poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I've read this poem before. a few days ago but I forgot to comment. I really love this poem I dont know how to explain it but it spoke to me. Keep up this amazing writing!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To have friends like that is priceless and you must hold on to them. Great poem with a beautiful message! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


FireFox9

9 Years Ago

I do and thank you. Fox-
Truth, reality unfurling in a poetic form where the narrator is of great character to tell it like it is...:)................

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really, really, enjoined this poem, your pacing, rhythm, rhyming, and general lyrical quality is on point. It is truly deep and meaningful.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2014
Last Updated on May 10, 2014

Author

FireFox9
FireFox9

NJ



About
My name Matthew but I prefer Matt. I love to write and tend to think up random ideas anywhere at anytime. I mainly write poetry but I may write some other stuff in the future. Read and review. more..

Writing