Suicide

Suicide

A Poem by Jessica

I have everything to live for,

education and best friends

brains and broan

Who says you can't have both?

But it seems like a simple solution

A salvation of sorts from my stress

Sometimes, it seems like a fair trade

My life for peace, finally

Temporary pain for eternal numbness

A perminate solution to a temporary problem

Suicide.

© 2010 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Suicide I think is a hard topic to write about, and I think you writing it from your point of view is really sincere.
One thing though, I believe in the third line, "broan" is actually spelled "brawn".
But, otherwise, great write Jessica. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Suicide is something that I believe everyone thinks about at one time or another in their life. A lot of people don't talk about it, though I think occasionally it's healthy to. I like this write because it seems as though you've thought about it but have realized how much potential you have. Great write!

-Elissa :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I guess if suicide were just numbness afterward it may be an answer, but we do not know what is after and there is the rub, the hesitation, the uncertainty. The poem takes a diamension and holds to it. Fine work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow your words amaze me. I see your talent as of now, you probably as good as me if not better. You got talent for sure, and your words seem so familar. I think I'd like to get to know ya better. You seem interesting.
-- M.J
Garland.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes suicide is a option. Not a good one. Poem is powerful. We can get lost and confuse in a life. I lost two brothers to suicide. One of them left a baby who is 20 years old now. She wants to know why her father killed himself. I told her he fear life and death was more easy. They left no note and many of us wanting to understand. Life is hard and fair. Better to laugh and dance. Don't pay attention to the bad things. Find something that can bring joy and happiness. A powerful poem. You made me think. Goal of a good writer.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2010
Last Updated on March 4, 2010

Author

Jessica
Jessica

In the pages of a book, VA



About
Well, I'm a high school student that writes whenever the mood strikes. I haven't been on much lately, mainly because I've just simply been too busy with other things. But I get on when I can and r.. more..

Writing
The Day The Day

A Poem by Jessica


Admiral's Arms Admiral's Arms

A Story by Jessica



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..