Admiral's Arms

Admiral's Arms

A Story by Jessica
"

The scene in Queen of the Damned when Jesse goes into the vampire bar, re-imagined slightly.

"
I stepped into the bar, not really knowing what would happen. I felt a little out of place in the tight corset and skirt that I 'borrowed' from Mary-Anne's closet. I just knew that they would know, or figure it out, soon enough. 
my saunter was confident despite my anxiety; the heels that I wore making a satisfying click against the floor as I walked. Heads turned, their fanged mouths whispered, whether it was in wonder or knowing was unknown to me. I took a seat at the bar in the back, ordering a strawberry daiquiri and praying it looked red enough. Soon, a pale figure showed up in the seat beside me. 
"Hey baby, come here often?" he says, flashing his needle-pointed incisors at me. I cringed and hoped that he didn't see. 
"All the time."
"You lie," he smiled again wickedly. I swallowed.
"I do not." 
"Then who is your host?" says another, a girl this time, and she is glancing at my unblemished neck. I hadn't thought of that part. My mind raced to find a reply.
"My scars are not visible to your eyes," I smirked. The girl rolled her eyes while the boy raised his eyebrows. I could almost see the words in his head; 'kinky'.
"Well, tell us the lucky one's name doll face. Don't keep our ears waiting," he says. 
"Marius," the name rolls off my tongue in a way I could only hope was enticing to those who were eagerly listening. The reaction was the one I was aiming for; a hush over the bar.
"Marius?"
"But he is asleep!"
"I heard he was dead."
"It can't be him, she must be lying."
"Girl, there are no ancients left among us," the boy growled. 
"Oh," I said, confidence building. "I wish you could see him. You may learn a thing or two," I let my eyes glide over him like fog. They all growled, and I was suddenly faced with no less than fifty sets of teeth, ready to drain me dry. I was just about to run when a voice yells with authority over the crowd.
"Leave her be," he says, emerging from the shadows of a corner booth. His blonde curls shined in the small light and his pale skin made his black eyes and their purple shadows stand out even more on his face. His face was neutral.
"Lestat," I breathe. Now this, I really didn't expect. 
"You all heard me, leave her be," now they whispered, unbelievingly. Some drew back. All parted a way when he walked to me and took my hand. "Anyone who follows yearns for a painful death," he says as he walks me out the door, into the street. I turn to thank him, but his expression tells me that he is highly pissed. "Do you want to tell me what idiocy caused that? Or should I explain to you how stupid it was?" 
"Neither," I reply. I could swear his eyes flashed red.
"If I had not been here, you would have been killed. Are you happy with that?"
"No. But I had to," I was cut off.
"Had to what? Show me that you could successfully get into a very dangerous situation? This is not your world, Jesse, and it would be in your best interest to stay as far away from it as you can," he says. I know he is about to leave, but before I can reach out to stop him, he's gone. Disappeared into the night as if he were smoke in the wind. 

© 2011 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was very good and to the t :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2011
Last Updated on February 10, 2011

Author

Jessica
Jessica

In the pages of a book, VA



About
Well, I'm a high school student that writes whenever the mood strikes. I haven't been on much lately, mainly because I've just simply been too busy with other things. But I get on when I can and r.. more..

Writing
The Day The Day

A Poem by Jessica