____ Light ____

____ Light ____

A Story by __Flaw__

It's all into the rhythm...a flawless flow.

Light, we can hold it, we can break it, we can stop it from beaming, can even stop it's trajectory, but can't let ourselves aloof from the affects, can't seem to hold back, when it touches our heart and let your imagination fly, fly away.

And when you see that glow; a mixture of radiant colors, a beam so conjuring, emitting from the depths, profound and echoing, like music to your ears, like a melody to your surroundings, like a song to your hollow soul, for once, and for that very private moment, you want it to be yours, that single hollow moment...you want to be in it, alone, and for once, only you.

Light that dazzls and dabbles, makes you move within, yet motionless. You gasp trying to imrpovise. Felt like stranded on the shores, the sea with all it's vastness against your horizon, looking at the waves, that misty wind blowing at your face, and couldn't decide whether, it's the darkness or that luminosity, that you are most attracted to. You hold out your arms trying to reach out for that light, but you feet are tied and hung up, the sands of time always the heavier of the two, between it and you, between this and that, between desire and fate. But you keep your arms stretched, as the intention is still there...now gloomy as your eyes, once a beam now a flicker, but still twinkle and tinker...sometimes.

And once you are hit by lightening, that's immense. You look sideways, and the whole world looks vague, freezed. It looks as if the whole world has come to a halt. The cars have jammed on the streets, crowds once living and breathing are now statues of their old existence. Nothing seems to be moving. You can swear that, you have become deaf, as the sounds are no longer there to be heard, except for that music, that slowly and steadily over comes everything...and you feel lights emitting out of your body, devouring you within and all there's left now...is your soul.

And sometimes when they combine on a piece of paper, they reflect what they really mean to you. They are like manuscripts, maybe text and documentations, maybe nothing to an individual eye. Maybe nothing at all. But then, you see a flash, for a brief moment, for the slightest moments of all, and then that tiny spot hinges you to another journey, into the clouds filled with lights. Now you see those marks and say, its a painting, a picture, procuring nothing, but me. It's me, It's I. It's myself in those lines. Somehow i'll fade, but, i am still somewhere absorbed, deep within those lights, within those lines and colors. Immortal perhaps. I am in it, forever....and ever.

And when you see her face, you are truly mesmerizd. Perhaps that's when everything happens, and perhaps that's when everything is bound to happen. Can't say, but can't stop believing either...and wait...

for that... magic...

That ray of light.

© 2008 __Flaw__


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, Atif, this is some potent stuff right here!!! I followed your imagery like Bugs Bunny following carrot fumes.... in the air, gliding in tranquility. This is utterly lovely, fantastic!!! A piece to lose yourself in for hours. Most excellent!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is spectacular writing. I love how descriptive you are with the light and the metaphors. Wow, I'm really speechless.

Posted 16 Years Ago


thank you

Posted 16 Years Ago


Sounds like you did your research on this one. What an awesome use of imagery. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is beautiful. I love your use of abstractions that create a feel of magic-realism. There was a lot of philosophy, making people analyse the way they look at things and that really made me think. You have a wonderful command of words and a vast vocabulary which really enriches your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I love that first line it really does have rhythm and flow, I think I like letter repeats they seem to be very reinforcing and they sound good almost all the time, a pet like I think. Light, great topic to ponder something we don't think about much really the sources the intensities and how it can be manipulated. Lastly but not leastly what light can do to an individual that personal light the one that you cant really see but its more the warm feeling like we get from the sun than the blinding of a welding rod, and that warmth is like a cozy internal fire or series of fires burning in different parts of our brain space, body, heart, where ever it happens to touch its always inspiring I think.

This is almost like another side to she is life but here she is light, every single spectrum in every single intensity and not any regular light, you turned her into radio waves and sound waves tap dancing on your innards with color painting in the dark and empty spots, that really is such a pretty image to envisage. With that sort of passion felt yes I can understand wanting a moment of just being like the only two people on earth, the person who inspires and captivates and no one to be inspired but you only you, you might even be that light its self, something self manifested and projected, thus sparking her light, it could be a chain reaction I cant see why not really bouncing back and forth.

Stranded with the sea's vastness against a persons horizon makes a person fell quite small, we have very long and often deserted beaches here, and standing on those shores all alone with sand stretching for pretty long distances wandering on the water line and gazing across the water well its inspiring but really makes a person feel almost totally insignificant, if there was not a person who might miss you, you know if those waves took you away you would be nothing in that vastness, forgotten nothing. The sea is such a loud place sometimes and other times so quiet, beautiful and deadly, always the opposites as everything, as inviting as it can be I don't think anyone could not have moments they just couldn't love it at all.

Hit by lightning, it sounds like shell shock, and with the same sort of surreal aftermath I find this a little chilling almost, though I'm sure that was never the intent, and more a creative explosion which leave a person in a state of awe.

And sometimes when they combine on a piece of paper, they reflect what they really mean to you. They are like manuscripts, maybe text and documentations, maybe nothing to an individual eye. Maybe nothing at all. But then, you see a flash, for a brief moment, for the slightest moments of all, and then that tiny spot hinges you to another journey, into the clouds filled with lights. Now you see those marks and say, its a painting, a picture, securing nothing, but me. It's me, it's I. It's I in those lines. Somehow I'll fade, but, I am still absorbed, deep within those lights, within those lines and colors. Immortal perhaps. I am in it, forever....and ever.

This was lovely, the trip into text like manuscripts like the records of history of a second now history tomorrow, and perhaps concocted with a thought of you of I of so many people so open ended it can scoop up a while crowd like a butterfly net and set each one on a different journey to the next, but still so relevant and true to each person, and one day we will all fade, but perhaps one day we will all be as immortal as a magnets energy who knows.

And when you see her face� Well she sounds magical, and to you if no other most definitely a ray of light� This write is much that ray of light and the magic also perhaps magic can happen. It doesn't hurt to believe.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful and deserving of more than one read, I shall return to this piece as it took me on a trip I want to experience again. As I read about the light it felt like it represents love and it's complexities. Great writing :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, Atif, this is some potent stuff right here!!! I followed your imagery like Bugs Bunny following carrot fumes.... in the air, gliding in tranquility. This is utterly lovely, fantastic!!! A piece to lose yourself in for hours. Most excellent!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on March 1, 2008

Author

__Flaw__
__Flaw__

Cyprus, kinda..., Turkey



About
Just sneaking!!! ;)) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..