____ Heading Home ____

____ Heading Home ____

A Story by __Flaw__

 

Among so many other things he wanted to do tonight, he so much wanted to write another blog, but somehow it skipped his mind.

 

Today he was in high spirits for apparently no reason at all. Though he's not the kind who complained and moaned, whined over mishaps, and let everyone else drag along, he just was the quiet type and had his own way of dealing with pressure situations. But today was different... again, for no reason at all.

 

Morning was as usual, job and e.t.c, . Interviewed a new recruit, some guy from Hatai, half Iraqi half Turkish, very willing and humble, a perfect recruit for the tough tasks.

Coming home, hunger struck with all might... something needed to be done. He took out the chicken and ruthlessly teared it a part while music burned his room into ashes. Right then he just remembered a chicken recipe which a friend had recently recommended. But then he kicked himself as he forgot what exactly the steps were: the only thing he remembered was the recipe had no onions in it, very relieving and time conserving. 'What a douchebag!!!' Cursing, he carried on his own, which sucked ofcourse... time wise, not taste wise.

 

He ate and ate and ate, wuhhooo, what's wrong with this guy today? But he didn't seem to notice. After he was done he shaved, took his pda and left the house.

 

He just loved this town at nights. Pin drop silence and not a man in sight. Sometimes in the evenings fog would set in like a thick precipitate of white and gray, it usually descended quite swiftly, until ur gaze is all but a misty gloom. He just liked walking all alone and listening to his favorite music (today it was ColdPlay's Fix You, among others). He walked and walked and walked... no wonder, something wasn't right, but then again he didn't mind at all. After about an hour, he came back to his house but instead of going in, he sneaked past the entrance and hopped into the backyard... he called it the untouched land.

 

Before he moved in here, the old tenants must have a thing or two for gardening. Now although its all gloomy, he's sitting on a plank of wood surrounded with fragrances of oranges and lemons. And every breath soaked deep with them.

 

His mind drifted like a paper plane. From the last movie he watched, which was Marley and me, to some random events scattered in different time spans. He hated dogs by the way, but loved the movie. And then all of a sudden he remembered her.

 

He smiled and thought for a moment, while the fog gave way to vision and shadows. Slowly and steadily the moonlight shone with all its delicacy, illuminating his world. The lemon and orange trees shone with their brown and dark colors around him. And he slowly let her memories go. Let her go.

 

If only he would have gone home then, nothing worth mentioning would have happened, but he was as you know in a different mood altogether, he went for the only grocery store in the town to grab some chips and 7up, and would call it a day. But only half way into his quest, a raging Mercedes zoomed by past him, perhaps very close, flinging him across the fields into a ravine and off it went.

 

While laying there motionless, a shadow crept in, moving closer to his body of which only his eyes could move and nothing else. Slowly the shadow bent over his face and stayed in that position until his eyes seized to move. Then the shadow moved across the deceased and took hold of the pda and the ear phones and, coincidentally, it was the sound track of Marley and me, Heading home.

 

The shadow walked away, vanished, whistling along in the descending fog.

But among so many other things, he just wanted to write another blog.

© 2010 __Flaw__


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

clap clap clap clap. Wonderful ending to an engrossing piece! I'm sitting outside right now on a night odd, too. Now you have me wondering if my shadow side will ever up and leave. But, back to your story. Thanks for this. It was a nice visit. Missed you, my friend. Namaste.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Reviews

clap clap clap clap. Wonderful ending to an engrossing piece! I'm sitting outside right now on a night odd, too. Now you have me wondering if my shadow side will ever up and leave. But, back to your story. Thanks for this. It was a nice visit. Missed you, my friend. Namaste.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 17, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010

Author

__Flaw__
__Flaw__

Cyprus, kinda..., Turkey



About
Just sneaking!!! ;)) more..

Writing