Streetlight Romance

Streetlight Romance

A Poem by Alisa_the_fluff_ball
"

This poem is about the struggle that LGBT couples go through everyday to be together. This is something I feel very strongly about, so I decided to write about it.

"

There was a girl,

 

Out of control

Black eyeliner

Pierced tongue

Always alone

 

Who loved a girl.

 

Straight laced

Long hair

Cross necklace

Perfect boyfriend

 

They were never supposed to be.

 

He left

She cried

Fell into

Her arms

 

But they were.

 

Lips

Colliding

Hearts

Racing

 

Everyone looked upon them with disdain.

 

Thrown out

On the street

Disowned

On their own

 

They never knew love could be so hard.

 

Attacked

Threatened

Fear

Agony

 

Leaving each other was no option.

 

Making love

Moonlight in her hair

Kissing the sorrow

Need her to stay

 

This streetlight romance continues today.

 

Who will break the silence?

© 2009 Alisa_the_fluff_ball


Author's Note

Alisa_the_fluff_ball
I respect your views, so please respect mine. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very strong and emotional poem, and a good one at that. I felt that the way you played with the words, the way you carried the poem out [the format] added emphasis to the overall poem and kept the reader actually reading. The whole story line was good and meaningful too. I loved this poem alot. Keep it up! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful, intense poem. Excellent word choices. Excellent structure. You have a way with making words become feelings in your readers.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it, and im not sure there's much else to say i mean it was really beautiful and i loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow! thank you so much for writing this..i am lesbian and this really spoke to my heart..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very thought-provoking and strong piece. I appreciate your views and the way you expressed them so beautifully, great write!

- S.T.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I respect love. Be it for anyone.
This poem signifies that in an emotional way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amazing done! I love the format, it really worked to your advantage. The story in this piece is heartbreaking and really brings to light this issue. It shouldn't matter who you fall in love with, only that you are in love and that you are happy. This is so well done! I believe I've fallen in love with it. Society views on gays need to change. Gay, straight or bi we're all people, and love should not be harder for someone just because of their orientation. Fantastic work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can say from experience that a same-sex relationship is the most dificult to get through, but if you can get through the social pressures, you can get through anything. This poem was very beat-around-the-bush, but it makes you think, which is a good thing. It was well-worded and flowed nicely. Though I think it could be expanded on.

Luna

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem was very heartfelt and emotional. You are right, Who will break the silence? I myself am gay and I am proud. Though, I take a look around me and there is war, death, hate, violence. No one bothers to see this, to stop this! But yet, when they see a gay woman or man out on the street, we are evil, wrong, disgusting. What's more evil though, a serial killer who inhumanely kills a mass amount of 20 people...or a Gay person who does nothing but be themselves and deserves rights just like everyone else? Great write hun :] Keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great job! nice emotion and at times very deep. i love your way with words.... this is definately a great one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like this alot very deep and emotional in places... overall i thought this was a amazing piece ..nice job!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2736 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009
Tags: Gay, Lesbian, Love, Romance, Streetlight Romance

Author

Alisa_the_fluff_ball
Alisa_the_fluff_ball

Ow. My life. It hurts.



About
Hello all! My name is Alisa. I live to sing and to write. I am bisexual, if you have a problem with that, then please save us all the trouble and navigate away from this page. My style changes daily, .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Eyes Eyes

A Poem by Marlena