Dark Experiments

Dark Experiments

A Chapter by Forever and a Night
"

Vampire romance

"

Chapter 1


“Stop,” Christian whispered to Tiffany and pointed.  “There’s a covey of quail, about thirty feet down that fence row, hidden beneath those scrub cedars there.”


Tiffany nodded and grinned, but said nothing so not to spook the birds.  This is awesome.  Who needs a bird dog when you’re hunting with vampires?  Make that one smoking hot vampire, she thought, still smiling at Christian.


Christian glanced past her at Nathan, her step father then Dominic her brother-in-law.  She’d been walking with the four in a parallel line along the edge of a combined corn field hunting quail behind Nathan’s Georgia home.  

Both men paused, lifted their chins slightly then returned nods to Christian.  They too apparently caught wind of the birds.  


Christian’s species had an astounding sense of smell, hearing too, but daylight seriously inhibited their sight.  All men wore wrap around sunglasses designed for their kind on this overcast, dizzily, cold December day.  Even muted sunlight was painfully blinding for them, one of many reasons she was glad to be a member of the human race--that and the blood thing.


She cringed at the thought of ingesting human blood.  However the thought of Christian ingesting hers didn’t creep her out, rather it excited her.  She lived in a family of vampires and knew under the right circumstances a vampire bite could be a very sensual experience.  For over ten years she’d privately dreamed of all kinds of sensual experiences with Christian.  Nothing even remotely close had happened between them for a host of reasons.  They were two separate species and she was a big fat chicken in emotional arenas.  But she could dream.  Oh, did she ever dream.  An especially steamy one from the night before, sent a shiver of excitement rippling through her body straight to her deprived feminine core.


“Cold?” Christian whispered.


She glanced up at his handsome face noticing his cheeks a robust ruddy color from the cold.  Why did he have to be so damned hot?  “I’m fine and I’m ready.  Let’s do this.”


“Sounds good to me, Darlin’.”  He shouldered his shotgun and took aim.  


She drew in a couple steadying breaths and shouldered her own twelve gauge Remington.

Having done this with these men dozens of times over the last decade, Tiffany knew the routine.  She disengaged the safety and waited for one of them to flush the birds.  Out the corner of her eye, she noticed Nathan bend down and pick up a rock.  He hurled it into the midst of the cedars and seconds later a huge covey exploded from their cover into the air.  Calls of alarms and the sound of wings beating furiously proceeded multiple shotgun blasts.  


Tiffany pulled the trigger and hit her first bird, shucked the gun, brought down a second one, shucked again and fired, taking a third.  All three men men did the same.  It was a clean sweep.  Twelve quail.  “Way to go, guys!”  


“That was nice shooting, Darlin,” Christian said, grinning.  He gave her shoulder a quick, friendly squeeze.  


“You too,” she muttered, lowering her gaze as she sucked in a sharp breath.  Even wearing a thick Gore tex camo coat, his touch had her girl hormones hopping up and down like Mexican jumping beans in a Mason jar.  


Lord!  Did he have to smell so damned good?  Like cedar, sandalwood and the great outdoors which she adored.  Almost as much as him.  She sucked in her lower lip and bit hard, hating this crush, but mostly her powerlessness to resist.


Damn his irresistible a*s!


Christian was gorgeous, a born vampire and a smoking hot one.  For whatever reason, he kept his sun-kissed blonde hair long, generally tied back in a ponytail.  Like most male vampires, born or turned, he was tall, around 6’5” with the body of a Juggernaut and the face of an archangel.  His smile was so winning, so come-hither, it had probably melted the minds and knees of more women than she cared to imagine. 


Unlike the majority of her family, Tiffany was human and had no interest in swapping species.  Turning vampire had nothing to do with what worried her about getting involved with Christian, because it was not a prerequisite of an affair.  Commitment issues were her problem.  Maybe if things could just remain on a physical level she’d take a chance with his hotness.  Trouble was she liked him too much as a person and she didn’t trust herself to remain emotionally detached.


Still.  What did it hurt to merely look?  Admire?  After all, their time together was limited to the holidays.  Despite the fact they both lived in New Orleans, they never socialized and she was okay with that.  Hiding this attraction from him and her family a handful of days a year was strenuous enough.


She heard Nathan say something and faced him. “What?”


“I was agreeing with Christian.  Very nice.  You almost shoot as well as a me.”  He flashed a teasing grin.


She snorted, punched the safety of her gun to the on position, then rested the barrel against her shoulder.  “Almost nothing.  I whip your a*s every time we shoot clays and you know it.”


Everyone laughed.  


“She’s right,” Christian remarked.  “Sometimes I wonder if she isn’t related to Annie Oakley.”


“Cute, Christian.  What?  Did you meet her?”  Despite vampire mythology and the Hollywood stuff, real vampires weren’t immortal.  They were mammals, but a separate species which evolved from humans.  They did however have much longer lifespans than humans.


He quirked his brows.  “Actually, yes I did once.  She was almost as impressive a shot as you.”


Tiffany stared at him.  He’d say something like that and she could never tell if he teased, meant it or flirted.  He loved to flirt, that much she knew having been the lucky recipient many times. 


She glanced between the men. “Yeah, well uh, put your sniffers on guys and lets go find those birds.  Daylight’s burning and we have to get them back and cleaned in time for supper.”


Nathan chuckled.  “Funny.  Your mother called to me mere moments ago.  I told her we’d be having quail for dinner as promised, but she threatened me with grilled cheese sandwiches if we didn’t return soon.”  


Dominic stepped around Nathan and shouldered his shotgun.  “I spoke to Dannie a little while ago too.  The kids are pestering her and Mia to open a Christmas present early and driving everyone in the house crazy.”


Tiffany realized the two men had spoken to her mom and sister via their mental mating bond.  Life-mated or blood bonded vampires had that unique, uncanny ability.  “No worries.  Mom will keep them in check.  Dannie, Chelsie and I were chronic pests at their age on Christmas Eve.  We all know the routine.  Everyone will open one after supper.”


“What did you get me?” Christian asked, flashing her an expectant grin.


She stifled a reminiscent sigh recalling the two and a half hours she’d spent wandering around Bass Pro Shops thinking about him.  Oh who was she kidding�"lusting for him, while searching for something he might not already have.  She finally settled on a turkey call set including a slate, mouth and box call, supposedly a new, unbeatable combination for wooing gobblers.  Hopefully he’d be pleased.


What she really wanted to give him was herself, wrapped in a red ribbon, with a bow and nothing else.  


Lord, she was so pathetically double minded.  


The only good thing about this insane crush she had on Christian was the fact he seemed clueless to its existence.  The occasional flirting aside, Tiffany was pretty sure the feelings were not mutual.  He’d never attempted to act on those flirtations.  Neither had she, but she had her reasons.  Namely a deep-seeded mistrust in happily ever afters.

His, if she were to guess, probably had to do with Mia, her mother being a family friend.  Her mom was like a sister to him.  Her little vamp brother and sister actually called him Uncle Christian.  Family dynamics aside, Christian probably did hook up with human women from time to time, but Tiffany knew what he really sought was a vampire life mate.  Even if she were inclined to think of something permanent, she knew he never could.  She wasn’t vampire and had no desire to be.


“Well?” he prodded, still grinning.


Get a grip, TJ.  “Fine.  I’ll give you a hint.  It’s small, round and black and usually found in the Christmas stockings of bad children and vampires.”


Christian laughed.  “No fair.  I’ve been a very good vampire this year.”


Oh he was good alright.  Good at fanning her hormones into a frenzy.  She muffled a frustrated groan.


“We’re all going to be getting coal in our stockings if we don’t get a move on,” Nathan said, then took off across the corn field.


All of them followed suit and fanned out to hunt fallen birds.  Tiffany could only use sight and found two, but the men found the rest quickly.  Actually, she might have found more if her eyes hadn’t been glued to Christian’s a*s every time he bent over to pick up a quail.


Why he was an unmated vampire stymied her.  She understood vampires chose mates differently than humans.  Vampires chose life mates based on a blood bond connection which occurred when a vampire drank from another person�"human or vampire it didn’t matter.  Emotions entangled and became one during the act and the two knew instinctively they were destined for each other.  


Tiffany couldn’t help but wonder how many women Christian had bit, looking for Mrs. Right.  Part of her wished she’d been one of them, but part of her didn’t want to know.  She couldn’t do anything about it anyway.  Tiffany didn’t date and had no desire to ever be married. She had her father to thank for that who had cheated on her mom with her best friend from high school, Reanna.  He’d been a great guy, a great father, but even good guys cheated.  He’d taught her that lesson well.


“Fruitless thinking,” she mumbled, then turned and headed toward the truck with her two birds.  


A short time later, they arrived at the house.  Nathan parked his silver F250 near the rear porch and they all piled out.  Seconds after they arrived the screen door flew open and two little vampire girls came running out, squealing with delight followed by her eleven year old vamp half brother Nate.  All wore sunglasses.  One time outside during the day without them was all it took for a vampire child to remember them for the rest of their lives.  The same couldn’t be said for coats.  Not a child wore one.  Nathan and Dominic corralled her two half siblings and niece then ushered them back inside the house.


Tiffany glanced at Christian and scowled.  “Apparently, they’re bailing on us.”


“I see that.  Let them tend to the kids.  I don’t mind cleaning the birds with you.  Actually, there’s something I’ve been meaning to talk to you about.  It’s been on my mind for awhile, but the time just hasn’t been right to bring it up.  It’s a shame we don’t socialize more; the both of us living in New Orleans.  I apologize that I never call.”  He flashed her a similar expression, then rounded the truck and let down the tailgate.


His siren voice�"deep, smooth, pure Texas�"beckoned her to follow as much as his ambiguous ‘something’.  “No apology necessary.  We’re both busy.  I can’t imagine the crazy hours you keep.  I’m sure vampire babies don’t adhere to a nine to five schedule any more than human ones.”  Christian was an OB/GYN for vampires with a very thriving practice.  In fact he was doctor to her mother, sister Dannie and her mom’s best friend and business partner, Julia.


When she joined him at the bed of the truck she asked, “So what’s this about?”


Christian handed her a bird, then extracted his hunting knife from the sheath strapped to his waistband.  He picked up a quail and began cleaning it.  


His actions seemed a bit prolonged as if he were hesitant to spit out whatever was on his mind.  Those dark sunglasses hid his brilliant honey-gold eyes that probably mirrored his mysterious thoughts and emotions.  She loved the way they shimmered in soft lighting�"a vampire thing�"but his were such a pretty color. 


Tiffany was not a patient person.  “Christian, spit it out.  Curiosity and the cat going on over here.”


He flashed a quick grin, but kept focused on his task.  “Sorry.  The V clinic is looking to hire a full time IT tech, programmer, whatever you genius, techie computer people call such a position.”  


“An IT person?  Really?”  She felt something very interesting about to be revealed.  “Go on.”


“Basically this person needs to set up new computer programs for our patient files, plus billing, accounting and such.”

Was he offering her the job?  She didn’t know what to say.  


Tiffany’d had her own IT business in New Orleans for years.  It paid the bills, but she’d never banked.  In fact, she’d thought about folding it up and taking a job for some big firm because she was really sick and tired of the long hours, paperwork, taxes, all the small business owner crap.  


This was certainly out of the blue and a little confusing.  “Why would your clinic need a full time tech?  I’ve had many clients over the years with medical practices.  Generally they just need set up and maintenance, a website and stuff.”


Could she work with Christian?  Tiffany knew it would be a job of a lifetime, but all day every day with Christian?  Not likely.  Could that be the reason for his hesitancy?  Could he have sensed her attraction for him?  Surely not.  Tiffany didn’t even know how to flirt properly.  She hadn’t dated since high school.  In part because of her dad’s betrayal, and in part because of Christian.  No mere man could measure up to him.  Most bored her to tears.  


Christian nodded, his attention focused on the little quail in his hands which made Tiffany get down to business on the one he’d handed her.  “Normally, I’m sure that would be the case.  However, I haven’t talked to you in nearly a year about the clinic and much has happened with the practice.  Remember me mentioning the fertility drug Asa and I discovered about fifteen years ago for our kind?  The AR19 CRX formula?”


“Sure.  I remember the ol’ AR something or other.  Like I’d remember that.”

Who was really the genius here?  The drug had made Dr. Christian La Mond famous among his kind.  He was a god in the eyes of infertile vampire couples.  Asa too she supposed.


“Of course you wouldn’t.”  He chuckled.  “Anyway, as you may know, it’s revolutionized conception for our females.  Our women have trouble conceiving as they age, but theoretically can for around three hundred years.”    


Tiffany nodded, her eyes fixed on the bird she now dressed out.  She knew this to be true because her mother’s best friend and business partner, Julia, had used this treatment in order to conceive Rachel after nearly seventy years of trying to have another vampire baby.  “Right.  I remember.  Your point?”


“The practice is in the midst of a major expansion.  We have plans to build clinics all over the U.S. and eventually world wide.  Vampire OB’s are chomping at the bit for access to this drug.  In fact Asa is in Denver as we speak overseeing the building of a new V clinic there and hiring staff.  We know we need to step up our technology because our plan is to send patients to a clinic/hospital closer to where they live as we build or acquire them.  Currently, our only operational clinic is in New Orleans and this vampire baby boom we’re experiencing has become a serious problem.  Some of these women travel halfway across the world.  It’s inefficient for the patients and us too.”


“Okay.  So I assume this position requires travel?”


He glanced at her.  “Eventually, yes.  And a lot of it.  However the position would start in New Orleans because it’s our only V clinic presently and our patient system is manual, meaning physical charting.  We need something more universal to work with when we begin referring patients to clinics and hospitals closer to where they live.”


Tiffany gawked at him.  “What?  All of your patient information is hard copy?”


He hunched a shoulder.  “Afraid so.  Asa, Noah and I are a little behind the times when it comes to using computers.  I have a laptop at home.  I can manage the basics, but I don’t have the time or patience to get proficient with it.  All of us will need some sort of computer class for vampire dummies.”  


His attempt at humor went right over her head and her eyes bugged.  She was overwhelmed.  At the job offer in part but also because she couldn’t fathom any business managing effectively using mere pen, paper and filing cabinets.  It was 2028 for Pete’s sake.


Did he just say a lap top?  Those went extinct about twelve years ago.  These days even cheap computers were voice activated hologram systems for use at home or on the go.  Expensive ones were as vibrant and colorful as television.  When in a public setting, the device could be synced to one’s cell phone.  A mere tap or two and a person could go from speaking to typing on a hologram keyboard if privacy was needed.


Oh yeah, he and his partners were definitely going to need some serious technology training.  This job better pay the big bucks.


“Anyway,” Christian continued.  “Point is, all of us started practicing medicine long before computers existed.  A manual charting system has always worked for us, but with branch clinics on the horizon....”  He shrugged again.  “I guess we all need to step into the twenty-first century.”


Tiffany couldn’t imagine life without the internet, computers and all they offered to a person’s business and personal life.  However, she knew from experience that older vampires could get stuck in a favorite time period of their lives.  Tiffany had visited a number of Nathan and her mother’s homes over the years and the majority of them were furnished like elegant plantation homes.  Reason being, Nathan had been turned during the Civil War and her mother’s favorite movie was Gone With The Wind.  


“Wow.  I can’t believe you still do manual charting.  How archaic.  Do ya’ll use still use leaches for whatever ails your kind?”  


Christian started laughing as he laid down the cleaned quail and picked up another.  “Only when necessary.  Capturing the critters these days with so many other things on our plates is way too time consuming.”


Tiffany rolled her eyes because she knew he bullshitted her.  They bantered like this often.  But back to the subject at hand. “So this is for real?  Permanent?”


“Yes.  This position will be permanent, Darlin’.  It might not be a forty hour work week while the clinics are being built, but it doesn’t matter.  The position is salaried and it’s six figures because we need someone who knows about our kind and can be trusted.  You’re so perfect.  You’re like family.  I’d trust you with my life.”


Tiffany choked back a cough at that six figures comment, but his latter one pissed her off.  “We aren’t kin, Christian.  You may think of my mother like a sister, but I’m not your niece.”


He laid down the bird he’d been cleaning and jerked his head back, giving her his full attention.  “Where did that come from?”


So much for being master of her emotional domain.  She’d blown it there and they weren’t even working together yet.  Unfortunately, she didn’t have sunglasses to hide the emotions in her eyes, so she kept them on the bird she cleaned while racking her brain for a quick, sensible reply.  None was forthcoming.


“Tiffany?” he prodded in a soft tone.


Still, she didn’t look up from her task.  She couldn’t trust her expression to be poker straight.  “It’s nothing.  I just thought you offered that kind of money because I’m Mia’s daughter.  If I were to take the position, I’d want to be paid according to what the position requires.  Not because of who I am to you.”


She heard him let off a sharp sigh, then jerked when he took hold of her shoulders and gently turned her to face him.  The little half-cleaned quail dangled in her left hand, while her right hand gripped the hilt of her hunting knife. 


“Darlin’, the salary was negotiated months ago by myself, Asa and Noah, our third primary partner.  Money is not an issue for the practice.  Loyalty is.  Of course money can’t buy loyalty, but it does go a long ways in securing permanent employees.  We hire a great deal of human staff.  We’re very selective and well...we make sure they can be trusted.  I know you can be trusted.”


She sniffed.  “Yeah, you mine their thoughts as part of the interview process.  I get that, but if you ever go dipping into mine...”  She lifted her hunting knife and pointed it at him for punctuation.


Christian chuckled.  “Never in a million, Darlin’.  Come on, have I ever?”


“How the hell would I know?”


A wide, smug grin expanded across his handsome face.  “Oh, you’d know if I were to ever dip into your head.  I’m really good at making my presence known.  Besides, I’m a gentleman.  I always knock first.”


Was he flirting with her again?  She sucked at spotting the signs. 


Tiffany wasn’t a chicken by any stretch of the imagination.  She’d always been willing to try new things and take risks except when it came to things of the heart.  Such unfamiliar territory held too much chance for a crash and burn scenario. 


What she really wanted to ask him was how he viewed her.  As a mere friend?  Was this attraction only in her own head?  She was dying to know.  As a vampire, Christian would naturally be seeking a vampire life mate.  That didn’t mean he might not settle for a Ms. Right Now if the opportunity presented itself.  Say he did.  She wouldn’t have to worry about getting her heart broken if she and Christian were to have a fling.  Could she do something like that?


Tiffany could easily imagine what would happen if the two of them just let nature take it’s course.  There would be an immediate explosion of years of pent up lust on her part.  If she had anything to say about the matter, there would be fast, hard, crazy, raunchy sex interspersed with tender, thorough lovemaking, lasting days if not weeks.  She wouldn’t just rely on Christian’s skills.  Tiffany wouldn’t be afraid to take what she wanted and give it back two fold.  Trouble would come when the dust settled.  Could she just walk away from something like that, heart unscathed?  Maybe she put the cart before the horse here.  Just because Christian flirted with her occasionally didn’t mean he wanted to explore things with her. 


“Hey.  Where’d you go?” he asked softly, his tone concerned.


Tiffany frowned at him, aggravated by her errant thoughts, her fears.  She ought to be jumping at the chance for a job like this, not thinking about jumping Christian and some emotionally fatalistic future parting.


“Look, Tiffany, I was just teasing.  Hon, I’d never mine your thoughts.  You know me better than that.”


She did and that issue had nothing to do with what had her tongue tied.  Being around Christian not only tied her tongue in a knot, it tied her brain in one too.  Working around him every day would tie her entire being into a knot.  What if at some point he turned on the heat with her?  Would she be able to resist?  Would she even want to?


The answers came swiftly.  No and no.  She wanted to have sex with Christian more than anything she’d ever wanted in her life.  Fears aside she’d take the risk if he ever put it out there.  She knew nothing about casual sex, but for Christian she’d learn.


“Tiffany?  You still with me?”


He looked concerned.  He ought to be concerned.  One of the reasons she might very well take this job would be to get into his pants.


“Damn it, Christian, if I do this I give up my business.  If it doesn’t work out, I’m totally screwed.”  If she accepted this offer, she’d be screwed anyway.  At least she hoped so.


He shook his head.  “Darlin’, I’d never leave you hanging.  Come on, you know that.  Would you like Dominic to draw us up a mutually agreeable employment contract?”


Her brother in law was a lawyer and Nathan’s primary attorney for Davenport Enterprises.  Christian’s suggestion was thoughtful but unnecessary.  He’d never leave her hanging financially.


Looking at things practically, what Christian offered seemed an answer to prayer.  Tiffany didn’t mind working hard, but living hand to mouth had been getting old fast for a very long time.  “Let me think about it.  In the meantime, get to work, dude.”  She pointed her knife at the remaining quail in the bed of the truck.  “Mom will be out here fussing at us if we don’t get these in her kitchen pretty soon.  You know how she is.”


He chuckled as he picked up another quail.  “Yeah, you’re a lot like her, you know.  Loyal.  Driven.  Stubborn.  And smart, which is why I want you to work for the V clinic.”


She smiled, appreciative for the compliment, but said nothing.  However, she already knew she would accept the job no matter her reservations.  She’d be an idiot to pass up six figures.  An idiot to pass up an opportunity to get him alone.  Privacy was a word unheard of in the Davenport/Peebles household with so many family, friends and kids milling about.    

Thinking from a logical standpoint, she probably wouldn’t see much of Christian if she took the job.  Eventually she’d be traveling.  They might run into one another now and then at the New Orleans V clinic, but it wouldn’t be as if she’d be glued to his side.  So if something did happen, it wouldn’t be unending awkwardness for them.  They could go about their separate lives unscathed.


Great plan in theory, but what if her heart got involved?  Well, she just couldn’t let it.  She’d managed this crush for over ten years.  She could continue to manage it.  Hopefully.  That is if something happened.  It all might be in her own head.  He might not find her attractive at all.  


  “You’re awfully quiet,” Christian remarked.


She glanced up at him and sighed.  “Just thinking.  I reckon you have yourself an IT, Christian, but I’m going to need some time to tie up loose ends with my clients.”

He beamed.  “Fair enough and take your time.  You won’t be sorry, darlin’.  It will be a good collaboration, I’m certain of it.”


She hoped so.  She’d managed to keep this stupid attraction for Christian hidden from him and everyone else for years.  If nothing happened between them, that was okay because she’d just landed the job of a lifetime.  Either way it was a win win.


“Thank you, Christian for thinking of me for the job.  I know I can create something you and your staff can manage.”  


“I have no doubts, Darlin’.”


She placed her hunting knife on the tailgate and extended her hand, a seal the deal gesture.  Christian did the same, but he didn’t take her hand.  He stepped forward, pulled her into his arms and hugged her.


The hug surprised her but she didn’t pull away because it felt so damned good to be wrapped in Christian’s arm.  A pathetic little sigh/moan ushered from her throat as she wrapped her arms around his waist and squeezed.  


Oh yeah.  No doubt about it.  She was about to dive head first into a big a*s heap of trouble.



© 2016 Forever and a Night


Author's Note

Forever and a Night
I'm looking for someone to review this on all levels but particularly for the great emotional problems of my heroine. This is a romance so I'm hoping to have a review or two from some romance reader enthusiasts. Thanks for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your heroine's hang ups are clear. Maybe a little too clear. Dwelling on his attractiveness is a romance thing, but I feel a bit bludgeoned with her allergy to commitment and fear of emotional involvement. My feeling is... there are a couple announcements about her hang ups before she is offered the job, and then there are all her thoughts about it while contemplating the potential job. The thoughts while contemplating feel natural, but the announcements do not. So there is my general reaction as a reader. As a writer, several technical things came to my attention:

1. She’d been walking with the four in a parallel line along the edge of a combined corn field hunting quail behind Nathan’s Georgia home.
I'm not clear on what kind of land this is. It is a corn field, but also...???

2. Christian was gorgeous, a born vampire and a smoking hot one.
You've used the word hot a couple of times. A bit repetitive.

3. with the body of a Juggernaut
I had to look up 'Juggernaut' so maybe it would confuse other readers as well.

4. Lord, she was so pathetically double minded.
I don't know what double-minded means

5. Namely a deep-seeded mistrust in happily ever afters.
The expression is 'deep-seated'

6. He flashed her a similar expression, then rounded the truck and let down the tailgate.
This confused me. Similar to what?

7. Do ya’ll use still use leaches for whatever ails your kind?”
'leeches' not 'leaches' Darn homonyms!

8.Tiffany wasn’t a chicken by any stretch of the imagination.
Tiffany was already described as being 'chicken' above... a bit repetitive

9. Tiffany wasn’t a chicken by any stretch of the imagination. She’d always been willing to try new things and take risks except when it came to things of the heart. Such unfamiliar territory held too much chance for a crash and burn scenario.
This entire passage feels like overkill, as I mentioned above.

I'm really liking both Tiffany and Christian a lot. You're communicating Tiffany's personality very well, showing us through her interior thoughts. Good job on that. I am intrigued by this whole big family and world wide community. I am also interested to know more about this life-mate and blood-bond stuff. Leaving people curious and interested is a good way to get them to keep turning pages and buying books. Good job on that too. All in all a good chapter. If you post more, I'll be happy to review more. Please let me know if any part of this review was helpful to you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sorry, but I'm not into romances or vampires. I will say that you write very well. Your dialogue is good and your descriptions clear. But, sorry, romances and vampires are not my thing and it just seemed to me like nothing was happening.

Posted 7 Years Ago


cool I wander can your vampires turn into bats or a wolf even

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: Romance, Paranormal


Author

Forever and a Night
Forever and a Night

Avoca, AR



About
Hi. I'm Lana Campbell author of Forever and a Night, a paranormal, vampire romance. I love writing and reading paranormal books. I live in Avoca, AR with a husband and a cat. Love cats too! Forever an.. more..

Writing