Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Forgotten

Chapter 2

 

 

Damion:

Can you imagine, waking up in a weird place. Not knowing where you are or what had happened. Your memory gone and empty. Well I can and I have!

 

A bright light shone through the tattered window, onto poor injured Damion. The light showing off the craftsmanship of the beams holding the room up like a protective mother. Damion stirred as the light finally shone on his still raw face.

“Ugh………” Damion placed his hand on his face and cringed in pain. “Ahhhhhhhhh! What, where is this pain coming from?” Damion sat up and noticed a scar upon his chest, “What, what has happened to me?” all this completely stop Damion from realising where he was. Damion clambered off the bed and raised to his feet, he felt pain in his legs and feet,, just then he looked around and noticed he wasn’t in his shack back at the farm. “Wait?” confusion completely washed the pained look from his face, “Where am I?” the pained look didn’t stay away for long however. Damion took a step forward and feel to his knees and groaned out in pain. The loud noise attracted some attention from downstairs and he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Damion panicked and look around for a suitable weapon for defence. The room contained none. Damion watched as the doorknob turned and the door opened revealing a middle age man holding a tankard. He smiled at Damion.

“Ahhhhh, so you are finally up” Damion still standing there with fear in his eyes and moved slowly to the window planning to use it as his escape. The man chuckled to himself.

“No need to panic young boy, I’m here to help”

“Help?” he questioned.

“Yes lad, a traveller found you on the side of the road, you made a lucky escape didn’t you lad?” he beamed a smile at him.

“E-escape?”

“Yes lad”, he stopped and observed Damions face, “Do you even know what I’m talking about lad?”

“What…….what are you talking about?”

“Well I was going to ask you how you got those scars lad but I can see there is very little point”

“But what has happened to me, do you know anything…. Anything at all?” the man stood there obviously resisting to talk.

“I know I few things, but now is the wrong time to talk about lad, join me tonight for supper and I will tell u all I know”

“No! Please tell” Damion rushed forward but feel to his knees.

The man rushed to him, and helped him to his feet. Damion, looked at the grey haired man staring at his light brown eyes.

“Get some rest lad and we’ll talk later” Damion nodded as he led back down to sleep. As the man left Damion stared at the wall still completely dazed and confused.

“Where am I, and what’s happened to me?” Damion questioned himself as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

 

“Hello lad, it’s time to get up now” Damion woke to the sound of the familiar voice. “It’s time to eat”. Damion turned over and raised to his feet. “Can we talk now sir?”

“Please no need for the formalities here lad, call me Raven, Raven Tacker, and don’t worry yourself, we will talk soon” Damion sighed with relief.

Thank you sir, I mean Raven” he smiled at Raven.

“Come lad, I have a meal prepared” Damion followed Raven out of his room, down the wooden staircase to see a long carved table. Clay plates were found on the table both containing what appeared to be pork. 

“Please, sit lad”

“My name is Damion sir, I mean Raven” Raven smiled at him.

“You’re not used to all this are you lad?”

“Used to what sir?”

“You’re so formal lad, loosen up”

“Loosen up?”

“Yes, loosen up. Enough with the formalities lad, just call me Raven”

“Ok Raven” Damion picked up his fork and began to start eating the pork. “Wow, this is really good”

“Why thank you lad, an old recipe” he smiled to Damion “Please eat as much as you want, we have plenty here”. Damion smiled back and carried on eating. There was an odd silence in the room until Raven spoke up.

“I guess you be wondering about what has happened to you lad?” Damion stopped and looked towards Raven.

“Yes Raven, please tell me everything you know”

“Well lad, you see………I have heard a great fire has happened, destroyed the entire village and killed many people” Damion look at him as his eyes widened.

“There is no idea as what caused it or how it happened but a fire has happened, that is all I really know lad” Damion looked into his hands,

“But that means………father?”

“Yes lad, I’m afraid he may not have made it. The traveller found no one else with you” Damions face showed sadness and tears began to run down his face,

“I promised I would save him!!” Damion grasped his head and cried out in pain. “Argh father! Nooooooooo!”

 

He looked into the shack and saw his father’s burnt corpse lying there, charred and blackened.

 

“I promised I would keep you safe”

 

He stood there looking through the doorframe; Damion could see his father sat in front of the fireplace looking into his hands. Tears were slowly running down his face.

“Father?” his father jumped and looked to Damion.

“Damion my boy, please come, sit with me” Damion moved beside his father and sat with him.

“What’s wrong father?” Damion looked concerned to his father.

“I couldn’t protect your mother” he sighed “If I can’t protect her, how can I protect you” Damion hugged his father tight.

“Father I’m going to be fine, you’re the one more fragile right now, don’t worry about me” he looked into his father’s eyes “It’s my turn to protect you”

“My boy, what happens if this happens again?” he looked to Damion.

“Then I will save you father, I promise I will keep you safe” Damion smiled at him and hugged him close.#”Come father dinner is almost ready, you need to eat, you’ve got a lot of harvesting to do tomorrow”  

“Thank you son” he stopped “I love you son, you’re the most dear thing to me, I don’t know what I would do if I lost you too”

“You wont I’m here to stay” His father smiled.

 

Flames licked his father’s body, the heat intense.

“No father”    

 

…………………………..Everything went white.

 

A distorted voice broke through the white barrier,

“Lad? Lad?, You in there lad?” the voice stopped. “Come back to me Damion I know your there” The white light dimmed and darkness now filled the white spaces. He stirred and opened his eyes to see Raven looking down to him. “There we go lad, come on sit up not too quickly though” Damion sat up at his command and rubbed the back of his head.

“What, happened?” everything was still blurred to him.

“I have no idea lad, you just blacked out”

“I…I think I saw my father” Damion looked to Raven.

“Come on lad I think you need more rest, I’ll wake you in the morning and see if you’re fit to walk around town” he smiled “We don’t see many new folk”

“Yes sir, I think I need rest” Damion stood unsteadily and Raven helped him back to his room. Damion climbed under the covers and turned to the wall again, a tear ran down his face as he buried his head into the soft pillow and he drifted away.

 

Morning came; Damion was up much before sunrise. Damion slowly walked down the creaky wooden stairs, Raven spotted him coming down.

“Ahhhh, so you’ve got some strength now. This is very good” He turned and served what seemed to be a guest. “Oh I haven’t told you, I run an inn my lad” he chuckled “So…… Welcome to the 3 Silver Bullets” he turned “Founded 40 years ago by my father” He beamed a smile to him. “So you going to take a wander today are you?”

“Oh, yes sir Raven” Raven shook his head.

“Whatever floats your boat lad” he looked into Damion.

“Oh sorry Raven, I’m not used to this”

“No worries lad, now go, explore”

“Yes sir” Damion with that made his to the door and started to leave. Just as he got outside he heard Raven shout.

“Be back ready supper lad, wouldn’t want you feeling weak”

“You’ve got it” Damion looked out the sun beamed down onto him making his vision blurred for a second. It cleared and then he could clearly see, this was, a small village. Damion walk along side a blacksmiths building looking up at the exquisite design on the sign, but without looking someone rushed into him send them both flying to the ground.

“Owwww” Damion rubbed his back showing obvious pain.

“Oh dear I’m-I’m-I’m sorry, are you okay”

“Its fine I’m…..” he stopped as he looked up to see a girl looking at him. Her eyes were bright green as she looked back at his. She wore linens covering her completely.

“Um….. It’s, its fine ma’am”

“Oh!” she blushed, “You’re such a gentleman umm”

“Oh, it’s um, Damion” he smiled awkwardly.

“Well, pleased to meet you Damion, I’m Ava” she smiled back at him.

“Ava, what a beaut- I mean nice name” he fumbled nervously and began to blush. She giggled at him.

“No need to be nervous, I won’t bite” she put her hands together and swayed.

“So, um. Where were you going in such a hurry?” shock hit her face.

“Oh yeah, papa!” she ran past him and shouted “It was nice meeting you” Damion looked to the ground and went bright red and hoped no-one could see his face. As he looked down he noticed she had dropped something, he picked it up to realise it was a book. “Ummm Miss?” he turned around but she was already gone. He hoped in his mind he could see her again to give her the book back.

“I see you ran into Ava” an old man’s voice came from behind him, as he looked around he saw an old man, bald but had no wrinkles and a masculine figure.

“Oh umm”

“No need to be shy boy, nearly all the guys like her”

“Huh, really?”

“Oh yes, the hunters daughter, what I sight I must say. Looks just like her mother”

“You know her?”

“Of course I do, I knew her mother, used to come down to the bakery a lot. We never see her down there very much anymore”

“Why not?” the old man sighed.

“No idea young man, she just stopped coming”

“Oh?” Damion sat down on the bench next to him. As he did so, the old man noticed his scars and burns.

“Hey, you’re not from around here are you?”

“No, I’m not”

“You’re the boy the traveller brought in aren’t you?” Damion looked up.

“You know?”

“Of course nothing stays secret here, well for long anyway” he sat down next to him “So, what happened there?”

“I really don’t know, I can’t remember much”

“Oh? Well I’m sure it’ll all come back to you soon, but then again a disaster like that could’ve scarred you mind” he placed his hand on his knee, “Maybe it’s better off that you didn’t know” Damion sighed. “Well boy I better head back off boy, stay safe”

“I will sir”

 

Damion sat upon the bench just trying for hours to remember something, anything that happened, but to no avail. He let out a few tears as the sun began to set, it was time for supper soon and he felt like he should start to head back. As he got in the door he could see a salad set out for him as Raven was washing dishes up.

“Well lad, you decided to come back then”

“Oh um, yeah”

“Well eat up lad” Damion sulked in.

“I’m not hungry Raven; I’m just going to go to bed.

“Oh, well just call if you need me” Damion showed a weak smile and climbed up the stairs. He laid the book on the cabinet next to his bed and faced the usual wall. No tears left his eyes but he was filled with sadness, confusion, depression. What did happen that night, why couldn’t he remember? Maybe only time would tell.

 

 

Damion:

I had no idea what had happened to me, where I was and even judged if I knew who I was. And that episode that, that, blackout. What does it all mean? Why am I seeing it, why now? I wish someone could’ve told me. I still don’t know fully. But I will find out one day.



© 2010 Forgotten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad, but a lot of grammar mistakes. Also, the paragraphing. It kind of frustrates me, but then again I do have a bit of OCD tendencies... Lol. It moved a bit fast, and you told more than you showed. Maybe slow it down a bit, add a few more details here and there.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Forgotten

10 Years Ago

Hehe okay :) Maybe I should change all these to the edited versions tomorrow so you have a better id.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol, nah. I wanna read the old one and see the new one at the same time. :3 That way I can see the i.. read more
Forgotten

10 Years Ago

Haha okay :)
You can write a story. I like the way you expanded the story to the house of the father. The description of the fire and the new situation he is in now. No weakness in this story. I will come back on Wednesday and finish this story. Thank you for sharing.
Coyote.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on December 4, 2010


Author

Forgotten
Forgotten

Gloucestershire, Stroud, United Kingdom



About
My real name is John-Paul Crawford, I do voluntary work at Stroud FM and hopefully after my training will be allowed my own slot on air. Writing takes up most of my time, I'm always trying to better m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..