Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Forgotten

The sky grew dim; people journeyed home leaving the Inn empty. The sky began to cloud over and rain started to spread across the town. Damion sat within the living quarters of the Inn and stared out at the rain. It brought back memories of his time in Alexandranite. Without realising Rose had entered the room and had sat beside him, he was too lost in his thoughts to notice her. She nudged him and looked into his eyes as his met hers.

“What you thinking about” Damion focused deep in her eyes.

“Oh um, just memories” he looked away and looked to the floor.

“Oh I’m sorry, I seem to have hit a raw nerve” her straight face twitched but not much more than that.

“No no, I just had a rough past so far and just recently it’s got a lot harder”

“What’s up?”

“I can’t tell you, I’m sorry” his face presented a frown. She moved closer until she was practically touching him.

“Why not? She pried.

“You wouldn’t hang around me if you knew and soon I’ll have to leave here too Rose” Rose looked into him as he looked away. She place cupped her hand on his chin and pulled him to face her.

“Listen, I know your special, only the special ones can get here now, you came through the arch, you must have avoided the Shadow Drycans to get here” Damion smiled and replied,

“Actually I killed a lot of them” he watched as her face didn’t change or any reaction at all. “You don’t seem surprised?”

“I’m not, as I told you, you have to be special to get here now” she paused for a moment, “So what are you?”

“I really can’t say” a tear welled up in his left eye “I’m sorry”

Rose took Damion’s hands in hers and sighed slightly. She closed her eyes and looked down. Damion stared at her in wonderment of what she was doing. A sharp pain raced up his left arm like a current travelling a bolt of lightning.

“Ow, what was that” he asked her but she didn’t reply and concentrated on her breathing. Another raced up his right causing his muscle to cramp. “Hey what are you doing to me?” he said gritting his teeth, again no reply.  Suddenly both his a current raced up both of his arms, the sheer pain caused Damion to cry out. The current reach past his arms and hit his head, a sudden burst of pain echoed through his body and receded to his head. Damion tried to squirm but was paralyzed. A final burst hit his head as he threw it back to stare to the ceiling he grew tired and closed his eyes and as he did a flash engulfed his mind and soon all became white.

 

Damion:

It felt like a flashback but no it was so much more intense I couldn’t escape the beast in my body and soon became it within.

 

The light faded to reveal the night sky, trees towered above touching the canvas of stars. Rose stared out into the brush looking for something almost, something not quite right. A howl echoed from inside the forest but she was too scared to enter, suddenly the howl sounded closer and something began to approach the clearing. The sound of an animal running on all fours travelled the forest and soon the clearing. A wolf jumped out from the trees and landed on the other side of Rose. She stared in fear; her body shook as she looked unto the beast. She back away as the beast snarled at her, saliva dripped from it jagged fangs. It growled as she shook and fear overcome her. It stared at her and she began to run, she ran through the forest      

Pushing branches to her side. She stumbled and looked to her side, the beast was still beside her, its eyes pierced her she climbed to her feet and ran further. She reached a cliff; she stopped quickly and looked out into the valley. As she turned the beast was surely behind, she quivered and cried, tears ran down her cheek. The beast stood up on two feet and roared swinging its hand to the side. It pounced at her……………

 

The light flashed and Rose fell back onto the floor. She panicked and stood quickly.

“Come with me, quickly” she took his hands and dragged him to her room. She slammed the door. “You’re a werewolf?”  His eyes widened,

“How did you know?” he questioned.

“I’m special too; I can find impurities in the body. I enter your subconscious and find your impurity and yours is a beast. Also when I entered we was in a forest upon a cliff”

“What does it mean?”

“It shows what you feel, and you feel trapped within yourself. I can tell”

“Y-yes, finally someone understands how I feel” he smiled half-heartedly. “So what about you?”

“What about me?” she answered.

“What’s your impurity?”

“I do not have one”

“How are you so sure about that?” he asked.

“Impurities are for those who have souls” her mouth twitched but moved very little.

“What do you mean?” she didn’t answer his question and sat upon her own bed.

“Let’s talk about this some other time?” she finally said.

“But why?” silence came between them until she said one final thing.

“I do not want you to get hurt because of me” she turned to the wall and pulled the blanket over her. Damion sighed and climbed into his bed too pulling the covers over him also. Silence covered the room and did so for the rest of the night.



© 2011 Forgotten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

~"Without realising Rose had entered the room and had sat beside him, he was too lost in his thoughts to notice her." Without realizing is, Rose had entered the room and sat beside him; he was too lost in his own thoughts to notice.
~"What you thinking about" What are you thinking about?
~"She place cupped her hand on his chin and pulled him to face her." She cupped his chin and pulled his face to hers.
~"Suddenly both his a current raced up both of his arms, the sheer pain caused Damion to cry out." Suddenly a current raced up both of his arms. The sheer pain caused Damion to cry out.
~"It stared at her and she began to run, she ran through the forest" It stared at her as she began to run through the forest.
~"Pushing branches to her side. She stumbled and looked to her side, the beast was still beside her, its eyes pierced her she climbed to her feet and ran further." She stumbled, pushing branches to the side. She looked over and noticed that the beast was still beside her, its eyes piercing her as she ran further.

Alright, so this chapter, I figured out what Rose is. :3 Lol, not bad. I love her now. I understand her. Short but to the point.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol. Alright. I'll probably read the next chapter a bit later. :)
Forgotten

10 Years Ago

Okay :) I look forward to it
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Great. :) Lol.
I like the chapter. The honest and good conversation was needed. Then truth is necessary for life to become real. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 26, 2011


Author

Forgotten
Forgotten

Gloucestershire, Stroud, United Kingdom



About
My real name is John-Paul Crawford, I do voluntary work at Stroud FM and hopefully after my training will be allowed my own slot on air. Writing takes up most of my time, I'm always trying to better m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..