I breathe Helpless

I breathe Helpless

A Poem by San Herman Lopez a.k.a. Sanzei
"

This is my description of struggles with asthma, and other problems with my lungs. I feel pain deep within.

"

For many years I have dealt with this pain in my chest.

Many years overwhelmed by the lack of rest.

 

Years overwhelmed I slowly die.

Overwhelmed I’m living in this worldly lie.

 

I’m living and still searching for healing.

Living and searching for some new feeling.

 

And searching lost tired and confused.

Searching lost within all and I now feel used.

 

Lost within pain everyday I am.

Within pain I live for my name is San.

 

Pain I have to overcome one day.

I have to move forward, faith in God I pray.

 

Have to reach for life for every breath is a tease.

To reach a cure before one day, I am blown away with the breeze. 


-San 2010 (Oct)

© 2014 San Herman Lopez a.k.a. Sanzei


Author's Note

San Herman Lopez a.k.a. Sanzei
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

As a child I suffered terribly asthma, and it is crippling in every area of your life,you just want the pain and lack of breath to leave you, you feel half dead, no energy, and no zest for life.......you have caught that in your words perfectly, I spent so much time doing little to nothing, and it is one of the most crippling feelings.
I hope by now your situation has eased.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This piece is something that identifies directly to your struggles, but yet could relate well to anyone's elses. Very well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. You're not alone. Incredible piece of work

Posted 13 Years Ago


Forgive me but I'm 45 and have become "hormonal" over the past few years - palpitations, anxiety and other symptoms which torment me - migraines...and I was always healthy and low maintenance. Now I am a mess and I hate it.
I empathize with you - and even if I were still totally healthy - I would feel your pain in this piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have chronic bronchitis, so I', well aware of the fight to breathe. This is a wonderful poem, so well expressed with a fine flow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


that which does not kill us will only make us stronger...Hang in there my friend

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

while it is heartfelt, and your style of rhyming in couplets, picking up the next set with a part of the set before is very clever, I would review the word choice to make it even stronger. This is good, but to make it great, improve your verbs and adjectives, especially in your last line. I feel that, revisited and revised, this could be much more powerful than it already is.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this.
Even though I know this is about asthma, in my opinion it could relate to other things too, like other hurt other than physical pain.
I like the simplicity, the emotion of it.
Nicely done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As a child I suffered terribly asthma, and it is crippling in every area of your life,you just want the pain and lack of breath to leave you, you feel half dead, no energy, and no zest for life.......you have caught that in your words perfectly, I spent so much time doing little to nothing, and it is one of the most crippling feelings.
I hope by now your situation has eased.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I also have sufferd from asthma since I was a child . When I look at this piece as a whole I see much more then Searching for a cure I see the will of just not giving up. I would have many sleepless nights unable to breath and sometimes wonder why can't they just find a cure it seems so simple.Many people don't understand what it's like not to be able to breath do to asthma or other illnesses, your write really brought up alot of painful memories for me but I think that's what a good writer can do. Thanky you for this . BC

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

we take our next breath for granted; not any more....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1516 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2010
Last Updated on February 12, 2014
Tags: pain, breath, tired, restless, asthma, sick, angry, frustrated, helpless

Author

San Herman Lopez a.k.a. Sanzei
San Herman Lopez a.k.a. Sanzei

Snoqualmie, WA



About
Rhyming is what I love to do when I need to relax and or calm down... Rhyming is what makes me want to continue writing... I love to play with the words it is almost as if putting a painting together... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..