Life's Game and Death's mess

Life's Game and Death's mess

A Poem by FrenchyChan
"

This is a poem I wrote on another site, it is on my tumblr. @http://frenchychan12.tumblr.com/post/125658838462/lifes-game-and-deaths-mess

"

I think Life likes to target people like us.

People who break easily, but are too stubborn to admit that they’re broken.

And we continue to pretend that we’re alright as Life continues to shoot at us with a shotgun full of broken glass, nails, despair, insanity, and depression.

And I wonder.

What if we admitted to being broken?

Would Life leave us alone? Satisfied with her work.

Or would she continue to crush and break us, completely overwhelmed with the desire to dominate us for the rest of our lives?

If Life continued to break us, would we admit defeat and give in to the sweet whispers from Death?

How long would it take for us to finally run towards the whispered promises he tells us each night?

Maybe our despair is a game Life plays that Death has to clean up.

As she runs around giving away pretty lies and betraying people, while he tries to save us from her silly actions.

© 2015 FrenchyChan


Author's Note

FrenchyChan
I would love reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

paulina gorcewitz thank you very much for your review! I have more positive poems I just haven't uploaded them yet. I usually write to help vent so that's why they may seem a little depressing or angsty.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

paulina misiewicz

8 Years Ago

Oh you welcome! Yep it's all good stuff then. I admire all sort of poetry yours infected my thoughts.. read more
Hi. I wanted to return the favour and rewiev your poem but after reading few I'm left astouned, slightly startled. Your poems are very emotional and they certainly come from the deepest corners of your heart. I see them as very brave confessions, but on the other side (don't get me wrong, i don't mean to preach) they seem like a scream for help or at least some kind of acknowledgment of your existance. I don't mean it in detrimental way, I mean that there clearly is some pain in you and you don't feel like you belong. Saying that, from the being bit older than you stand point, i understand how this life can seem overwhelming when you're this young. Your other poem about your parents is also very powerful, l can relate to it greatly. It's hard to figure out who you arewhen you feel like you should fit into others silly expectations. But you'll get there, I'm sure of it. After all my blabbering, i think what I'm trying to say is that Life is merely at fault, it's usually people who deceive and hurt one another. As hard as it is, finding the strength, goals and inner peace can help you grow and take charge over the person you are/want to be. Most importantly, It's lovely to see you fight with your poems, not with fists! :) i wish you all the best with your writing advanture, keep up good work! I see you have a great potential in you!
(Hope i didn't cross any line here or seemed patronising, im sorry if i did,wasn't my intention)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 5, 2015
Last Updated on August 5, 2015
Tags: Life, Death

Author

FrenchyChan
FrenchyChan

CA



About
I am 15 years old. I've been through a lot, it seems like I only know pain. Writing is something that helps me get through everything, and it turns out I'm pretty good at it. I would love if you read .. more..

Writing
Walls Walls

A Poem by FrenchyChan


Nothing Nothing

A Poem by FrenchyChan