The Prettiest Girl In The World

The Prettiest Girl In The World

A Chapter by SweetWriter88

I dropped down to one knee and pulled out the ring. I’d spent months looking for the ring that would fit her personality, and just as long planning what I’d say during my proposal.

‘I really hope I don’t screw up, and I really hope she says yes…’

I took a deep breath and began to speak despite the nerves that I was feeling.

“The prettiest girl in the world isn’t the most confident. She’s doesn’t spend what feels like hours in the mirror just pasting on make-up and doing her hair. She doesn’t pick out an outfit the day before our date or go shopping for a week in advance to find the perfect dress. The prettiest girl in the world knows that she doesn’t have to pretend, she knows that I love her just for being herself. The prettiest girl in the world makes me feel lucky every single day. And because of that, I’m proposing before she really finds out there are men better than me, and more suited to her than I am. But I’d feel honored if she chose me to be her husband.”

I watched the smile light up her face as she shook her head, looking the part of a bobble head as she did.

“Yes!”

With the word finally slipping from her lips, I kissed her fingers and put the ring in it’s place.

I stood and grabbed her in a hug, spinning her around and kissing her lips repeatedly.

As the restaurant hooped and hollered out congratulations and advice I looked at the bright smile (and equally as bright blush) that my fiancé wore.

‘I’m the luckiest man in the world. My bride is the prettiest most perfect girl in the world. I just hope she doesn’t kill me for all the sappy stuff I said…’

___

“You idiot! Why’d you have to go and say that?! I hate when you get all sappy it makes me want to capitalize on the points that you list! I wanna stay the same person you love. I don’t want to change.”

“Then don’t.” I chuckled.

“You idiot! A woman can’t just " urgh! You know what, forget it!”

I watched her throw her hands in the air and stalk into the bedroom leaving me alone on the sofa.

“Yup.” I sighed. “I totally called it. If I go in there I’m dead for sure. I suppose it’ll just be me, the couch, and the TV tonight.”

“Oi! Get in here, we have business to handle!”

I froze at that tone and smirked deviously. “Nevermind, I’m getting some tonight!!”

“Don’t get excited.” She stated when I got to the room. “It’s cold on the couch, you ain’t getting’ none till the wedding night.”

‘Damn…Way to break a guys heart…’



© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
Yeah...that sorta, kinda...almost (maybe) turned out the way I imagined it...

It's unedited, so please ignore any mistakes you might find!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016
Tags: The, Propsal, Proposals, Prettiest, Girl, In, World, Fiance, Perfect, Public


Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing